The Commonwealth has fallen—Virginia is no more

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by xTerpx, Nov 5, 2019.

1. xTerpx

xTerpx

The People's Republic of Virginia has overtaken the Commonwealth—a sad, sad day for gun owners and people who like babies. Governor Blackface and his cohorts will gerrymander the hell out of Virginia, so don't expect the Commonwealth to emerge from the darkness any time soon.

Way, WAY too many uncontested seats, too. I fully appreciate incumbency advantage and don't expect the GOP to dump millions into so-called safe-seats; but damn, toss a token Republican on the ticket as a lottery ticket. Democrats have been doing that for years. Surely there are some veterans in these strongholds that could get the requisite signatures.

Poorly played all around. Northern Virginia liberals have been moving further and further out into the burbs and changing the political map...uncontested.

Bury the mags, boys, because Blackface doesn't need to convene a special session now. He has a "mandate."

2. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

Virginia was long gone before this election.

3. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

New era, new rules. Invasions are no longer armies storming beaches. Invasions are unarmed refugees and Marxists stealing elections.

4. xTerpx

xTerpx

At the federal level, sure...but at least had a razor-thin margin at the state level, so gun owners could live in peace. It's open season now.

I know the NRA is always trying to scare up the vote, but anyone who thinks gun control isn't the #1 issue these clowns are going to "address" is fooling themselves. The NRA was right this time.

This will give their "movement" major momentum...national implications.

5. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

I turned all mine in. Make America Safe Again.

jcm3, Lockback, Need4Speed and 3 others like this.
  6. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

Another state has fallen to the Californication of America. Welcome to the club.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  7. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Damnyankee carpetbaggers have been invading and occupying Virginia for over 150 years, and it's getting worse.

8. B C

B C

Didn't Dems redraw districts in VA?

Quigley likes this.
  9. xTerpx

xTerpx

The last cycle? The courts did! (And, of course, I believe it was one of Barry's clowns.)

Gray_Rider likes this.
  10. xTerpx

xTerpx

...from WaPo (sounds true, but who knows):

A panel of judges from the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia ruled last June that 11 districts had been racially gerrymandered to concentrate black voters and ordered a new map.

Most of the affected districts are in the Hampton Roads and Richmond areas; redrawing those lines alters several surrounding districts.

Because the Republican-controlled General Assembly and Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam couldn’t agree last fall on how to redraw the lines, the judges selected a California professor as “special master” to devise a plan. Late Tuesday, the judges said they had chosen a combination of maps from the special master’s plan.

Gray_Rider, Lockback and B C like this.
  11. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

So, gerrymandering from leftists. No surprise there. There isn't a single concept of a free nation they won't **** all over in order to gain power.

Gray_Rider, Lockback, tuica and 2 others like this.
  12. xTerpx

xTerpx

...from the same "article" about this master plan, which did, in fact, materialize...dude lost:

Del. Chris Jones (R-Suffolk), the powerful chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, would also wind up in a majority-Democratic district, shifting more than 27 points to the left, according to VPAP.

ithaca_deerslayer and Quigley like this.
  13. xTerpx

xTerpx

Honestly, I am okay with gerrymandering; those are the spoils of legislative war. I am not, however, okay with liberal judges bringing in commies from Kaliforniastan and deciding which electoral map should be used in upcoming elections.

14. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

We didnt just lose we lost big. We went from having a 17 seat majority to at least a 6 seat minority in just a couple years. Looks like overall there were more republican votes then Democrat votes but that didn't matter. In 2 years Virginia will be a close cousin to California and New York.

I've lived here my whole life and am truly disgusted by what has become.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15. B C

B C

A professor from California. VA never stood a chance.

16. B C

B C

If you can't win, change the rules. It's the only way Dems win. I bet VA will have ballot harvesting for 2020.

17. G17Jake

G17Jake

Democrats also win when Republican voters stay home because the Republican candidate isn't perfect on every issue.

badge315, Gray_Rider, treg and 7 others like this.
  18. B C

B C

True. Meanwhile, Dems will vote for anyone with or without a pulse as long as they have a D next to their name.

Gray_Rider, ILeft, tuica and 2 others like this.
  19. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

Take it from a former Illinoisan, that no matter how long you've lived somewhere, when it turns into a commie dictatorship moving to a free state is a pleasure. From the sounds of things y'all have a couple years to either hunker down and get used to living behind enemy lines or move somewhere that respects your rights as a free man.

Good luck on whatever course of action y'all decide on.

Grumpy

20. OXMYX

OXMYX

The fix is in. Trump loses in 2020 and we go back to the new normal.

Jade Falcon likes this.