The coming Islamic attack on our schools

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by TheDreadnought, Sep 16, 2015.

1. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Another thread about "Lockdown vs. Evacuation" reminded me that eventually Islamic Terrorists will figure out that a coordinated attack on our schools is the best way to cause terror here in the states. The fact that this hasn't happened yet, is only due to sheer stupidity on the part of terrorists. . . but sooner or later, they will figure this out.

Now that we are going to be bringing tens of thousands of Muslims directly from the Middle East to the U.S., this horrifying attack is just getting that much closer to becoming reality.

It's a low tech, low expense, high visibility, high impact, easy to execute attack that is exactly what terrorists are looking for. Our schools are soft targets due to the stupidity of "gun free zone" laws. If you have kids or grandkids in school. . . this is something you should be concerned about. I'm honestly very glad I don't have kids. . . although my wife is a teacher, so there is still a target on a family member for me.

William R. Forstchen actually wrote a book ( "Day of Wrath" ) about this very scenario. It's a great book (although the ending is a little weak, the rest of the story is gripping). . . and I predict he'll be doing a lot of TV news interviews when this attack finally occurs. I'm thinking were less then 10 years out from this happening. . . maybe less than 5.

http://www.amazon.com/Day-Wrath-Wil...8&qid=1442428773&sr=8-1&keywords=Day+of+Wrath

tic-tok-GLOCK likes this.
  2. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

ISIS may very well be capable of such an attack. The FBI confirms ISIS is in all 50 states. To people who are capable of raping 6 year old children, burning people alive and cutting their heads off, nothing is too extreme. They think it is their duty to Allah and for the Jihad to destroy all non-believers.

Nobody in this country wants to think of these kinds of attacks. Nobody wants to believe it can happen. It's a form of denial. And it will be our undoing.

3. tic-tok-GLOCK

tic-tok-GLOCK

sad but true...kinda like how we were before 9-11.I think it's gonna take another attack before people really understand what we are facing.

4. IvanVic

IvanVic

One of our own citizens killed 20 little kids in a school. I sincerely doubt people don't believe ISIS is capable of doing that or worse.

Now, you'd be right if you meant that people are in denial of what Muslim immigration will bring.

5. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

They believe ISIS is "capable" of such an attack, in the same way they believe an asteroid is "capable" of wiping out all life on Earth.

What they do not believe is that it is GOING TO HAPPEN. Or that bringing all these refugees in from the Middle East is going to make it happen sooner rather than later.

But they will be the first ones "outraged" by this "unforeseen" attack in which dozens or hundreds of school children are killed.

. . . and yet after it does happen. . . they will also be the ones steadfastly refusing to allow people to be profiled because we don't want to be "intolerant."

mj9mm likes this.
  6. Tacoma

Tacoma

Beslan ring any bells, hellooooo? This type of attack has already been carried out in Russia, and of course it will be done here sooner or later. Aren't muslims and democrats the best?

7. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

8. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

You beat me to it. Once the muslims remember their success (of sorts) in Russia, I'm sure it won't take 'em long to try it here. Thousands of un-vetted muslims being lured here -THANKS OBAMA!!!! Too bad someone wouldn't take a hint from Hungary and tell these "refugees" to GTFO and go to a muslim country!

9. fastbolt

fastbolt

10. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

EXACTLY! It's a natural human instinct to not believe that something really terrible can happen. I've often raised the prospect of an EMP attack against this country, and people are reluctant to even engage in the discussion. Nobody wants to think that 100,000,000 people could die. But it CAN happen.

11. Sharkey

Sharkey

I think they are just waiting till 2016 when the rest of the brotherhood come from Syria

12. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

I'm familiar with Beslan, I've seen no evidence of any better response by LE since it happened.

People still don't BELIEVE it will happen HERE. But it will.

13. JAS104

JAS104 City cop, etc

When it happens, the only issue at hand will be how the terrorists got guns- then blame guns .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyS likes this.
  14. Burebista

Burebista "Democrats are garbage people"

Not for the faint of heart...

Hey Obama worshiping progressive-fascists: when this will happen in America remember to thank your Master Obama for allowing 280,000 Muslims to enter and settle in America every year.
    Yes, you heard that right: 280,000 Muslim immigrants per year.
    And on top of that, another 100,000 so called "refugees" from Syria. This just announced today.
    How many more Tsarnaev brothers are we importing? If only 1 in every 1,000 Muslim immigrants is a jihadi, we allow 380 terrorists per year to enter and plan another 9/11 attack.

15. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Eventually, we will have a Beslan here. No doubt.

16. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

We home school for a reason.'08.

17. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

I'm surprised they haven't studied Beslan, fine tuned it and rebooted it elsewhere including in the US.

18. fastbolt

fastbolt

Not having "seen" evidence of a better response doesn't mean awareness and preparatory training hasn't been occurring. No reason to advertise it, to either panic the public or let potential terrorists know the extent of preparations and capability of response, it there?

I don't know who you know and think doesn't "believe" that such an event could happen here, but if it's the general motoring public? Well, lots of people of blissfully unaware (and want to remain so) of any number of things that could happen on any given day. Human nature.

Doesn't mean the state & local government agencies who monitor such things (OES/LE) aren't aware of the possibility.

I'm not sure why you think a history professor would be in high demand on the lecture circuit in the event of a Beslan-type terrorist event here. I'd think the author who wrote the definitive book about Beslan (who is part of an anti-terror training group) would probably be sought out by the talking heads.

FWIW, while I've not read the fiction book you listed (Day of Wrath), I tried reading another fiction book by William R. Forstchen, One second After, and after a few attempts I found it too boring to keep my attention. The characters didn't seem realistic, and I kept asking myself who would react the way some of the characters were written. Seemed a bit lifeless.

rhikdavis likes this.
  19. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

This pretty much covers it!

20. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

I'm not asking LE to share their counter-terror plans. That would be foolish.

When I say, "I haven't seen any evidence of them" what I mean is that LE has been completely and totally ineffectual in preventing/responding to these kind of attacks.

Both Virginia tech and Sandy Hook occurred AFTER Beslan. In neither case was Law Enforcement able to do a damn thing that was useful.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know if it is fair to LE to expect them to respond in time. But if that's the case, let's talk about how we change our approach to preventing/responding to an armed attack on our schools. Clearly, responsive Law Enforcement is not up to the task of even single shooters, let alone coordinated terror attacks.

But don't come on here and pretend like there is some super-secret ninja-squad of LE Officers that is miraculously going to A) Arrive in time, and B) Stop terrorists from achieving their aims. Any "planning" they may have done since Beslan has clearly been wasted time.

No argument there. But that is what I am saying needs to change.

See my comments above about the super secret ninja squad.

As far as figuring out what to do differently, that is undoubtedly going to require big changes, which will require a broad base of public support. Hence the reason people need to start being more aware. . . or just accept that one of these days droves of their kids are going to die. Sadly, it will probably be the second option.

I don't have the answer to what to do differently. But clearly what we have done so far is not working. Let's try something new.

Because after 9/11, CNN (I think) had Tom Clancy on and were discussing the attacks with him. Clueless news chick says, "Well nobody could have predicted the use of 747s as flying bombs!" To which Tom Clancy replied, "Actually, I did. I wrote a book in 1994 called 'Debt of Honor' in which terrorists crash a 747 into the capital'"

So if there's a mass terror attack on our schools, such as the one described in Day of Wrath, then I fully expect the author will be appearing on shows.

To each his own. I too have read One Second After, and it is a slower-paced book. Day of Wrath is a novella that pretty much jumps straight into things. But read it, don't read it, it's up to you. If I were interested in the topic, and certainly if I were involved in it on a professional basis, I would read everything there was to read on it, including fiction, as life often imitates art. (See Tom Clancy above.)

You seem to be very strongly defending the status quo and saying "if this happens, we'll be ok." I haven't seen one shred of evidence that backs up that claim. As we say in my workplace, "Planning is an activity, not an outcome." But sadly in government, talk, all too often, counts as "doing something."

If instead your position is, "Terrorists will attack our schools someday, and there's nothing we can do about it." OK, so be it. I think we ought to give it a little more thought and try something new.