close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Brits Explain "Gangsta" Aiming

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 50 Cent, Oct 4, 2012.

1. 50 Cent

50 Cent

2. Lee-online

Lee-online Mul-ti-pass

3. 50 Cent

50 Cent

The Daily Mail is good for gossip, pics of celebrities in various stages of undress, scandal etc.

Gun articles...dunno - they have a ways to go before catching up with Carlson's crew over at The Daily Caller. :rofl:

4. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

doesn't recoil when aiming gangsta style with full auto cause you to shoot yourself?

5. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

My theory of why thugs lay the gun sideways to shoot is:

They are following the "bullet hose" method of shooting. This involves shooting in the general vicinity of the target, and just pumping quantities bullets down range with the hope that one or some hit their mark. If innocents are hit it, is of no consequence to the shooter.

The recoil muzzle flip experienced by skilled shooters, pulls the muzzle up and continued shooting simply makes more holes in the air, instead of in the targeted individuals.

By laying the gun horizontally, the muzzle flip is moving the gun in a horizontal plane and putting many bullets downrange is more apt to hit something, than nothing (as when they just shoot into the air during muzzle flip).

This method may be more acceptable to thugs when shooting at a group of people rather than an individual. by spraying bullets in a horizontal plane your percentage will increase of hitting something, rather than nothing.

Thugs don't seem to care what, or who they hit, because most of the time it's more than one person they are shooting at. Shooting someone, is more important than who is hit.

More skilled shooters do not like the possibility of hitting persons and bystanders that are not involved in the altercation, and use more care in aiming.
    Choice is: bullet hosing or precision.

I believe my luck is better against a bullet hose, than someone that can hit the target with just one round.

If the thug philosophy were valid, police and military would use it.

6. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

This joke is ancient.:upeyes:

7. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

Just because he's a combat vet does not mean he knows what he's talking about. He has no idea what a flash sight picture is.

8. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

relax, it'll be okay.

9. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

British and firearms? :rofl::rofl:

10. devildog2067

devildog2067

Quoted for truth. I knew lots of Marines, and they were all good men, but man some of them were dumb as posts.

11. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Gangsta grip came about from shooting out of moving cars. Holding the gun sideways in theory allowed for a higher hit rate.

12. automatic slim

automatic slim Walmart Shopper

I always heard that when you turn the gun sideways, the rounds feed faster....you know, gravity and sh$t.....:wavey:

13. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

What they can't explain to this day is the need for regular dental care.

:wavey:

14. BEER

BEER bad example

i've always found this subject interesting. if you just point at something with your finger your hand naturally wants to orient itself in a horizontal manner. i bet if somebody were to put a little time and practice in they could get just as accurate with the horizontal grip as the "normal" vertical grip.

the reason for gang bangers having no accuracy has nothing to do with their grip method, it's the fact that none of them every practice and they definitely don't spend anywhere near the amount of time on the range as most of us.

15. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

The sad result of a non-gun society, is that even your "gun experts" go downhill.:upeyes:

It might be valid, but I suspect the "flash sight picture" down the side of the slide (not sure how he gets "sight picture" in there) is no better than what I do without looking at the gun at all.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  16. c6601a

c6601a

You will loose that bet. Holding your gun vertically or horizontally leads to very different alignment of joints/muscles which leads to significant differences in your ability to handle the recoil. This falls under the field of biomechanics.

17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Something may be wrong with your hands. Vertical, like a normal shooting position, is natural for most people. That's why the hand gun was designed to fit that grip and why we have things like vertical forend grips for rifles.

Ever seen "neutral grip" weightlifting exercises and bars? They're called neutral because horizontal isn't a normal hand position.

18. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Generally, a slight to pronounced pronation (lateral to medial line) of the wrist, rotating the radial bone off the vertical axis of the ulna provides for the most stable upright single-handed shooting platform.

Are you into the field of bio-mechanics? :cool:

19. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

That is the newest trend for one hand shooting, and I do it in classes where it's taught, but I don't buy it. Part of the idea (aside from turning the sights inward) is that turning your hand in slightly takes the tension off your writ - they overlook that tension on the joints is a GOOD thing when shooting. The best grip styles increase, rather than decrease tension at the wrist.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  20. Gallium

Gallium CLM

It was only up until about 1995 that police were still training with their fingers on trigger.

You don't have to "buy" it - it's not a concept for sale. The wrist is still locked.