The Breakfast Club

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by security79, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Homechicken

Homechicken

I remember that. I had dusted off the Allman Bros CDs the same day you changed your oil and am obviously still listening to them.

2. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

Sometimes the best "new" music is stuff you haven't listened to in a long time.

MF

3. security79

security79 Gene Frenkle

While I agree that the 90's (my teenage years) were somewhat mediocre. The shift into the grunge scene was pretty ground breaking. It brought about some great bands like alice in chains, stone temple pilots, sound garden. Also arguably one of the most legendary bands of all time. Nirvana!

4. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Grunge sucked, and still sucks. Put on a flannel shirt, play ****ty music and ***** about how much your life sucks and make a million bucks at it. And then blow your brains out because life is so horrible when your screaming fans are throwing piles of money at you.

5. TheJ

TheJ NRA Life Member Lifetime Member

+1 I can remember siting in class in high school in 1984 looking at some year book pics from the 70s while we were making fun of the closes.. I actually said, "you know in 10-20 years people will be making fun of us for how WE look..."

6. bocephus549

bocephus549 Bo Knows.......

Graduated in 80. Back in Black released in 80.

7. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Me & the wife have watched that movie so many times. It's a true 80's classic:cool:

8. ParaBear

ParaBear

I was in HS in the early to mid 80s and by then what we kids drove was 60s and early 70s cars with a lot of horsepower. They were hand me downs or affordable used vehicles. Also firearms transported by teens still no big thing, at least in 'underdeveloped' America.

9. Green_Manelishi

Green_Manelishi Knicker Knotter

I thought it sucked then, and still does.

10. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

the 80ties rocked, graduated 87 , great music , fun times. since then the times and music suck ass.

i often tell my wife if i had time machine i would head back to 80ties, damn i had the times of my life

11. quicksand

quicksand

I missed being a teenager in the 80's by a few months, so my coming of age was in the 90's.

I have shared war stories with my brother and cousins who are older and did their thing in the 80's and the older guys who graduated in the early 80's had it pretty good, but the AIDS scare seemed to put a damper on a lot of peoples partying in the later half of the decade.

The funny thing that happened for people of my age group is around the middle of the decade we forgot about the risks and had risky sex with lots of different partners while twisted on all sorts of chemicals.

By the end of the 90's gas was cheaper then it has ever been and the economy seemed like it was on steroids and the bubble would never burst.

The 80's were cool I guess but girls back then only shaved their legs.

I wouldn't trade the time I grew up for any time in history.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  12. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

At 7:45 AM about 5 minutes from now minutes on Encore West, there is going to be a movie called "Don't You Forget About Me". it's a 2009 film about 4 filmmakers traveling to IL to find John Hughes.

I don't know if it's any good, but I am gonna check it out!

13. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

<--Graduated in '87. I loved the '80's. The music was great....the girls styles were sexy, and the entire decade just seemed to have an undefinable quality about it......

And yes, I had a mullet. And parachute pants....and painters pants fer that matter. Also a '72 Nova to cruise the strip in and a hot blond girlfriend to put in the passenger seat, unless we were in her Mustang.

I spose everyone feels like this about their "coming of age" decade...but the '80s REALLY were better than all the others.....:tongueout:

14. Ordell Robbie

Ordell Robbie Giant Member

Class of '89 here. Gas was 80some cents a gallon. Taco Bell tacos were 39 cents. MD 20/20 was like 2 bucks a quart. Twenty bucks would go a long way..........I'll stop now, I'm sounding old and I'm depressing myself.

15. Bado

Bado

16. NewWaveGuy

NewWaveGuy BRAVIA 4 LIFE!

I salute you :bowdown::bowdown: I'm listening to The Smiths now. I wish I could have seen them back then (heck, I'd settle to see them now)!!! You saw The Cure AND New Order too... WOW, MY 3 FAVORITE BANDS!!! YOU ROCK!!! :rock::rock::rock:
    NEW WAVE ROCKS!!!

17. NewWaveGuy

NewWaveGuy BRAVIA 4 LIFE!

HUH?!?!? Culture Club ROCKS!!! :humming: "Time won't give me time..."
    [​IMG]

18. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    I watched that movie so many times that I knew every word and could recite the whole movie.

Born 6-1-73............good times were had but I don't want to go back, I might not make it a second time.:whistling:

"you see, this is what you get at my house when you spill paint in the garage".

"smoke-up Johhny, it's been a good year".

:supergrin:

19. Reissman

Reissman Millennium Member

Graduated in 88'. you guys are nuts..best thing about the 80's was 1990. I do miss being a teenager but not much about the 80's

20. Wolfgangamadeus

Wolfgangamadeus

80s was the time!!!! I graduated HS in 91. Loved the 80s so much, I have an 80s room in my house.

decor:

commodore 64
    atari 2600
    swatch coat of arms watches
    valtera "skate zombie" skate board
    GT BMX Bike
    80s GI JOE battle gear

various other 80s relics.