GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
You know, I can change the oil in my Nissan is less time than it takes Whipping Post to play? I learned that the other day-and posted about it.

MF
I remember that. I had dusted off the Allman Bros CDs the same day you changed your oil and am obviously still listening to them.

·
Gene Frenkle
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
50's had malt shops, sock hops, Corvettes
60's had musclecars, then the summer of love and woodstock
70's had long hair, crazy sex parties, weed, and then disco
80's had Miami Vice, two Coreys, IROC Camaros, and hair metal

90's had... ummm. Sucky stuff, like Pearljam and Milli Vanilli. Clinton...and other bad stuff.

NOW we have Barrack Hussein, a nanny state, economic collapse, and one Corey. This sucks!
While I agree that the 90's (my teenage years) were somewhat mediocre. The shift into the grunge scene was pretty ground breaking. It brought about some great bands like alice in chains, stone temple pilots, sound garden. Also arguably one of the most legendary bands of all time. Nirvana!

·
NRA4EVR
11,503 Posts
Grunge sucked, and still sucks. Put on a flannel shirt, play ****ty music and ***** about how much your life sucks and make a million bucks at it. And then blow your brains out because life is so horrible when your screaming fans are throwing piles of money at you.

·
NRA Life Member
1,750 Posts
I was a teenager in the 80's and yes, it was a good time. I also love the movie as well.
+1 I can remember siting in class in high school in 1984 looking at some year book pics from the 70s while we were making fun of the closes.. I actually said, "you know in 10-20 years people will be making fun of us for how WE look..."

·
Bo Knows.......
6,306 Posts
Graduated in 80. Back in Black released in 80.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Actually the 60's & 70's were a better time IMO to be a high school kid, and I was. Reasons being:

The American muscle car still existed in it's true form back then too,

And the best thing about the seventies was that there were no stupid gun laws stopping teenage kids from "possessing" or transporting a gun in a car while going hunting or to a shooting range.
I was in HS in the early to mid 80s and by then what we kids drove was 60s and early 70s cars with a lot of horsepower. They were hand me downs or affordable used vehicles. Also firearms transported by teens still no big thing, at least in 'underdeveloped' America.

·
Banned
5,038 Posts
the 80ties rocked, graduated 87 , great music , fun times. since then the times and music suck ass.

i often tell my wife if i had time machine i would head back to 80ties, damn i had the times of my life

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I missed being a teenager in the 80's by a few months, so my coming of age was in the 90's.

I have shared war stories with my brother and cousins who are older and did their thing in the 80's and the older guys who graduated in the early 80's had it pretty good, but the AIDS scare seemed to put a damper on a lot of peoples partying in the later half of the decade.

The funny thing that happened for people of my age group is around the middle of the decade we forgot about the risks and had risky sex with lots of different partners while twisted on all sorts of chemicals.

By the end of the 90's gas was cheaper then it has ever been and the economy seemed like it was on steroids and the bubble would never burst.

The 80's were cool I guess but girls back then only shaved their legs.

I wouldn't trade the time I grew up for any time in history.

·
I like Macs
7,683 Posts
At 7:45 AM about 5 minutes from now minutes on Encore West, there is going to be a movie called "Don't You Forget About Me". it's a 2009 film about 4 filmmakers traveling to IL to find John Hughes.

I don't know if it's any good, but I am gonna check it out!

·
:):
10,896 Posts
<--Graduated in '87. I loved the '80's. The music was great....the girls styles were sexy, and the entire decade just seemed to have an undefinable quality about it......

And yes, I had a mullet. And parachute pants....and painters pants fer that matter. Also a '72 Nova to cruise the strip in and a hot blond girlfriend to put in the passenger seat, unless we were in her Mustang.

I spose everyone feels like this about their "coming of age" decade...but the '80s REALLY were better than all the others.....:tongueout:

·
Giant Member
5,154 Posts
Class of '89 here. Gas was 80some cents a gallon. Taco Bell tacos were 39 cents. MD 20/20 was like 2 bucks a quart. Twenty bucks would go a long way..........I'll stop now, I'm sounding old and I'm depressing myself.

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
BRAVIA 4 LIFE!
1,784 Posts
Class of 86. Hell, I saw Randy Rhodes play live. And The Smiths, The Cure, Echo and The Bunnymen, The Cult, New Order, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, U2 etc, etc, etc,

I read Bloom County every morning before school. I wore a Motley Crue t-shirt for Sophomore pictures. Watched Miami Vice. I could do my hair like the Flock of Seagulls guy. I had bangs past my chin. I was all over the place.

Tijuana was fun in the 80's too:whistling:

MF
I salute you :bowdown::bowdown: I'm listening to The Smiths now. I wish I could have seen them back then (heck, I'd settle to see them now)!!! You saw The Cure AND New Order too... WOW, MY 3 FAVORITE BANDS!!! YOU ROCK!!! :rock::rock::rock:
NEW WAVE ROCKS!!!

·
BRAVIA 4 LIFE!
1,784 Posts

·
Pinky Out
59,112 Posts
I watched that movie so many times that I knew every word and could recite the whole movie.

Born 6-1-73............good times were had but I don't want to go back, I might not make it a second time.:whistling:

"you see, this is what you get at my house when you spill paint in the garage".

"smoke-up Johhny, it's been a good year".

:supergrin:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Graduated in 88'. you guys are nuts..best thing about the 80's was 1990. I do miss being a teenager but not much about the 80's

·
Registered
656 Posts
80s was the time!!!! I graduated HS in 91. Loved the 80s so much, I have an 80s room in my house.

decor:

commodore 64
atari 2600
swatch coat of arms watches
valtera "skate zombie" skate board
GT BMX Bike
80s GI JOE battle gear

various other 80s relics.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts