The Best Laid Plans Ruined by Cops Slacking Off

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by 9L82, Feb 17, 2010.

1. 9L82

9L82 Caffeine Addled

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/stor...Park-Bank-Robbery/VeKAZs_HsE6KuXWUWawE9Q.cspx

CINCINNATI -- Three people are in police custody in connection to a bank robbery in Hyde Park on Wednesday.

Officers say Robert Jackson, 21, and two juveniles are now in custody charged with aggravated bank robbery.

Investigators say the suspects, armed with guns, robbed the Fifth Third Bank on Erie Avenue near Hyde Park Square around 9:45 a.m.

Two of them jumped the counter to get the cash while a third suspect kept time.

"The individual that was actually standing in the middle of the floor was telling people don't touch anything don't move and he was also giving a countdown saying 45 sec, 30 sec, zero seconds, time," said Sgt. Danita Kilgore of Cincinnati police.

But time wasn't on their side as five undercover officers were just right around the corner having breakfast.

Chuck Huckleby is a cook at Indigo Cafe and had a front row seat as the first officers arrived.

"Shortly after that you see the bank teller holding a sign, I think bright orange, and it says hey don't shoot so I was like 'whoa this is a robbery,'" said Huckleby.

Officer Ted Robinson, with the violent crimes squad, was one of the first officers on scene to make contact with the bank.

"They came out and made contact and said they are gone, they are not inside any longer, they confirmed the robbery happened and that's when they started giving us a description of the dark colored Nissan Titan pickup truck," said Robinson.

The trio reportedly were very careless with the bag of money they took, dropping cash all over the bank, on the street outside the bank and leaving a trail of it when they fled in the stolen getaway vehicle.

Police say the suspects ditched the stolen truck several blocks away on Menlo Avenue.

Officers searched by air and on the ground arresting three of them quickly.

A person believed to be the fourth suspect found hiding in a shed off Floral Avenue turns out not to be involved, according to police.

Officers say the 16-year-old boy was skipping school and that's why he was hiding.

Late Wednesday afternoon, Hyde Park resident Anne Naberhaus discovered a gun in the snow near where the suspects ditched the getaway car.

"I looked down and said that looks gray and looks hard and looked a little harder and dug it out a little bit," said Naberhaus. "It looks like he tripped and maybe fell and lost the gun that way."

Police closed down multiple roads for a short time to clean up the scene.

The incident remains under investigation.

2. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

"we the only ones professional enough to rob this bank!"

3. Hollywood D

Hollywood D

lmao, someone skipping school hides in a shed. Since when do they bring out a chopper for that lol.

GET TO THE CHOPPER!

4. 9L82

9L82 Caffeine Addled

We don't play around here....death penalty on the second offense!