The Best IWB Hands Down!

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by G21ACPBeliever, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Shadyscott69

Shadyscott69

Kinda strange. :whistling: They very well be the finest product ever invented, I don't know. Just appears to be a back door marketing campaign being used in lue of actually becoming a paid sponsor for many forums. :dunno:

2. JoshK

JoshK

I agree.

and Max, you are not alone....

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010

3. rwr-b

rwr-b

I would love to support a SC local craftsman like Seth or something custom like what Kolbeson does. Their products look outstanding. But folks you just have to put the sour grapes aside for a second and admit that there is a world of difference between something for $25 and something for $135. I would like to have the Seth's, but I can afford the Remora... especially if it works. Can you say that it doesn't?

4. firstluff

firstluff

I felt the same way as rwr-b after visiting Seth's website. It's apples and oranges -- utilitarian art versus affordable utility. Remora says they've shipped my order, so I should be able to report on utility soon...

5. Shadyscott69

Shadyscott69

No sour grapes at all. It is just an issue of ethics. Some follow the TOS and other "may" be skirting the TOS. That is all we were saying. As I stated earlier, the Remora may be the best thing since sliced bread. I am all for innovation and new products. Just pay your way and support the forum that is supporting you. :tongueout:

6. JoshK

JoshK

exactly!

7. tchick

tchick

Agree. My Sig P230 has been around for a long time but some of these specialty holster makers don't offer a holster for it. Add finding a left handed model to the mix and it really gets difficult. Which is more of a gamble, $25 or $100+ ?

8. Glock.

Glock.

The word "tuck" doesn't appear anywhere on Remora's website until you get to the Testimonials page, where a customer says, "While I can't say that anything tucked in my waist band is compfortable, [sic] your holster is much more comfortable than the one (leather) that I was using. The flexible material makes it bend with me and that helps considerably. Tucked IWB over my appendix it disappears under a sweatchirt or loose fitting "T" shirt. I can sit comfortably and it does not move or slip. It also covers the exposed hammer of my S&W m36 Chiefs Special. My belly appreciates that."

I think that's what the poster was saying. Perhaps he jumped to the insults a trifle quickly, though. Wouldn't you say?[/QUOTE]

You are correct. I was thinking holster tuckable, since it is an IWB that is tucked into the pants. You were referring to shirt "tuckable" in line with the comp-tac and crossbreed styles.

While the remora product is tucked into the belt line of the pants it is not "tuckable" in the sense that you mean per the manufacturer, and no the manufacturer does not claim it as such in the context that you mean.

However, I do find that I am able to tuck a polo shirt into my pants while using the remora holster and a quick jerk pulls the shirt free exposing the firearm of choice to ready access. Since you said that it is mentioned in a post on their website in the testimonials section, perhaps I am not the only one out there who finds the remora product easily tuckable for shirts. (not long polos or sleeved dress shirts because if there is too much materiel tucked in the shirt will not un-tuck)

9. matt c

matt c

Does the material exposed above the waist catch your cover garment and cling to it?

10. Max1775

Max1775 Marine Infidel

No sour grapes at all. I hope that it is a great product and everbody buying one is completely satisfied. I just happened to notice that these same posts are on several sites by what seems to be the same people. To me, that is more like advertising. Maybe it's legit, maybe not. I'm not accusing anyone, just making a point...

11. vtec350

vtec350

I received mine 2 weeks ago and have been wearing it everyday with my 1911 and I can say that it's extremely comfortable and doesn't move at all during the day.I have a VMII and for me the Remora is more comfortable wearing all day,you don't have a piece of hard leather binding up while you're sitting.Another big plus is you can use the Remora without a belt,throw on a pair of sweats and cinch them up and you're good to go.

As far as being "Tuckable" the holster is between your skin and your skivvies so unless you're going commando :scared: your shirt will not be sticking to the holster.I don't tuck my shirts but did this morning just to try it and had no problems tucking or with the shirt sticking.

I guess because of my "LOW" post count my review might now be credible for some :whistling: but I can honestly say this is the best $30.00 I've spent in a long time.

12. Max1775

Max1775 Marine Infidel

:rofl:Almost all of those posts are in the classified section...:deadhorse:

Sorry, just couldn't help myself... :tongueout:

13. G21ACPBeliever

G21ACPBeliever

I'm the OP and I have nothing to do with remora, like I said, per my experience I could sell the heck out of this product!

I also was a huge critic until I tried it, but... there is no exception for a high quality handmade custom leather product from a fine leatherman. It's a $25-30 dollar great product but if you want to spend $120++ for a custom piece ... That cant be beat by some craftsmen! In my experience it's a cost vs. functionality struggle. There are several products that I wish were maybe covered with the "nubby" remora outter.

14. cal45

cal45

I have one due in this week for my G26 - I'll post a follow up on how it works for me.

15. jj85

jj85

I too noticed the similar posts on the Remora in researching a semi-custom IWB leather holster for my Kimber. It did make the reviews of the Remora a little more difficult believe but I went ahead and called, spoke to the owner and purchased a #12. It came quickly and included a mag holder free of charge.

I've been wearing it around lately and have to say that is a pretty nice product - doesn't move much (if at all), easy on/off and is nice and thin. I think it has its place.

It hasn't stopped my search for a nice IWB leather holster. The hunt continues...

16. sa227driver

sa227driver Trophy Husband

Does anyone have any experience with the Bianchi Model 100 IWB holster for a Glock 26/27? I've seen them in my local gun store and wondered if anyone carries with one of these?

17. remat

remat

Don't take this the wrong way, but to all of these people dumping their Crossbreeds and Comp-Tacs....Why?

It doesn't look more comfortable (maybe it is?)
    Definitely thicker
    Harder to take on and off due to tackiness

Other than price, what am I missing?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  18. USAntigoon

USAntigoon NRA Member Silver Member

You might also check into the Royal Guard from Galco, I have it for my G26 and love it.. For the more concealed position towards the front I use the Galco Scout holster..

19. homeyclaus

homeyclaus

The Bianchi 100 and the Royal Guard are rather different, and IMO not particularly comparable. The 100 is a no-cant IWB clip holster, and the Royal Guard is a canted (some might say very canted) loop IWB holster.

I have a Bianchi 100 for my PPK, and for that it works well, is comfortable, and does not collapse on the draw. The one I tried onto my Glock 19 did not cover the trigger enough for my personal comfort, and that combination may be too thick a package overall to carry comfortably (but I realize that's a personal thing).

20. cal45

cal45

Received the Remora holster for my G26 this morning. Off from work today so I had this holster on all day running some errands and food store stops, picking up last minute items for Turkey Day. 1st, let me state that this will never replace a good belt type holster so don't throw any away.

With that said, this holster stayed in place and did its job, even though I did find myself checking it getting out of my car. I carry "appendix"style - Two-o-clock and it is very convenient that you can adjust the position while sitting if you need to. It was over 80 degrees here in Orlando today so sweat did arise but I had ordered the holster with the sweat sheild and that worked great - my G26 stayed dry even though it rested against my bare skin as I just wore a light t-shirt today.

Final thoughts - I will use this holster a lot as I normally use an old Uncle Mike's nylon IWB but the Remora did't soak in the sweat as the UM's does, stayed put plus is easily adjustable. I never once felt that the gun and holster were making a get-away on me sliding down the front of my pants. Being a NY Giants fan, too bad Plaxico Burrus didn't have this holster for his G27 when he went clubbing. ;)

Best thing since sliced bread?....Nah, but it does do what it says and I may now have to get one for my LCP. :thumbsup: