The Best IWB Hands Down!

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by G21ACPBeliever, Oct 20, 2010.

1. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

I don't want something sticking to my pants and underwear, I want it hanging on a gunbelt. With my body shape, the weight of the weapon would pull my boxers and gym shorts to my ankles.

2. Doc226

Doc226 Smart Ass Doc

Have to try it

3. Lomez

Lomez Nice guy

i'm gonna get a mag holster for pocket carry- ill report back/

4. matt c

matt c

I'm gonna get one as soon as my local range(Knights) has them in for purchase...they are selling very well. Unfortunately they were all out of ones that fit my G30. They have an order in and I will grab one when it comes in.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  5. powder86

powder86 SHOOT SAFE!

suscribed... good enough reviews, and i'll buy it.

6. matt c

matt c

try tightening your belt...LOL...:shocked:

7. coastal4974

coastal4974

I got one with the “sweat shield” for my G19 and will not be returning back to my crossbreed style DeSantis IWB.

This holster is great for me, very comfortable easy to put exactly where you want it and stays there. Easy to take on and off and great in the car.

ETA, I use it with a untucked shirt, I can see where it might be a problem if you tuck your shirt over it since it will grab on to the shirt if you try to pull it out of your waistband to draw.

Thanks to the OP for posting about the Remora. :cheers:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  8. mista_g713

mista_g713

How's the retention? Does it hold the gun in only as tight as your belt is?

9. coastal4974

coastal4974

It does not snap in like a kydex holster would do. I wear mine low on the belt line and it’s not going anywhere unless I want it to.

10. Glock.

Glock.

Since the manufacturer designed it as and markets it as a tuckable IWB I'm not quite sure where you're coming from.

The product is great, I own three of them. They are very comfortable and keep the firearm very well concealed and "in place".

Re-holstering is not a one handed operation but this is designed for real world concealment, not the range.

11. bigleaf

bigleaf

Remora doesn't claim that they're tuckable. They're not suitable for tucking. In holsters, the term "tuckable" means specifically that one can tuck a shirt in over the holster and gun, and quickly pull the shirt up to gain access to the gun for the draw. The material in my Remora is made to grab the clothing, hence the inherent inability to be tuckable.

The word "tuck" doesn't appear anywhere on Remora's website until you get to the Testimonials page, where a customer says, "While I can't say that anything tucked in my waist band is compfortable, [sic] your holster is much more comfortable than the one (leather) that I was using. The flexible material makes it bend with me and that helps considerably. Tucked IWB over my appendix it disappears under a sweatchirt or loose fitting "T" shirt. I can sit comfortably and it does not move or slip. It also covers the exposed hammer of my S&W m36 Chiefs Special. My belly appreciates that."

I think that's what the poster was saying. Perhaps he jumped to the insults a trifle quickly, though. Wouldn't you say?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  12. mikegun

mikegun

I agree benn carrying a gun daily over 30yrs and i cant find a better more comfy holster then my RM LOWRIDER, but this remore is a very close second,,,

13. ldmtulsa

ldmtulsa

I got mine a couple of weeks ago. The thing is unique. What ever the material is, it kinda sticks to what ever it is up against. I have made a couple of trips to the Home Depot with just sweat pants on. I just tuck it under the waist band, sinch up the draw string and my G36 says right in place. Only $25 bucks.

14. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

I've got one question for you guys that own one. What do you do with it when you go to the bathroom?

15. coastal4974

coastal4974

Getting a little personal there don’t you think, are you studying to be a TSA agent?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    You put one hand on your pistol and one hand on your gun.<o:p></o:p>
    :supergrin:

16. firstluff

firstluff

I hope it lives up to the glowing reviews -- I just ordered one each of the reinforced top models for G27 and G23... Like most of us, I have a box full of less-than-perfect holsters. Maybe this is the Holy Grail!

17. Shadyscott69

Shadyscott69

Interestingly enough, I have seen posts on this holster that are eerily similar on EVERY forum that I am a member of. All made by members with low post counts showing the same GLOWING reviews. Also of interest is the remarkable fact that they all use very similar pictures yet the users are in different areas of the country. Just sayin... :dunno::dunno:

Caveat emptor

18. FiremanJim

FiremanJim

My DeSantis is about the same,it stays in the waste band when drawing the gun,very sweet and no exterior bulging clip....
    [​IMG]

19. cliff61

cliff61

I just called and talked to the folks, very informative and placed an order for my Kel-Tec P-11.

20. Max1775

Max1775 Marine Infidel

I thought I was the only one who noticed that...:whistling: