close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

The BEST(!) FFL in Eastern NEBRASKA

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by 92F, Apr 6, 2006.

1. 92F

92F NRA Lifer

If you shoot, hunt and/or build your own firearms in Eastern Nebraska, you need to meet Kevin Miserez (no offense to other FFLs - this guy has EARNED the highest recommendation I can give).

I've worked with FFLs that were "okay" and one in Omaha that I wouldn't recommend under any circumstances. My current FFL is OUTSTANDING. His name is Kevin Miserez, and he trades as Elkhorn Valley Outfitters.

Kevin is one of those unusual, highly-independent guys. He's a proud member of a historically significant ranching/farming family in West Point Nebraska. An avid hunter and a true firearms professional, Kevin is also a gunsmith and sells firearms and ammunition from his small shop.

I've never been so well treated by any business as I am by Kevin at Elkhorn Valley Outfitters. If that's not reason enough to deal with him, how about these:

- His transfer fee is a flat $15.00 per firearm.

- He charges a small fee to mail firearms out of state, so I avoid the ridiculous $40-$50 handgun charges imposed on individual gun owners by the common carriers.

- When I want to order something I call Kevin and ask him to mail a copy of his FFL to the dealer. He does it right away and confirms it with me.

- When my item arrives, I get an email notice from Kevin immediately.

- When I pick up my item I sometimes get to talk a while with Kevin about hunting, shooting, politics, etc. if he's not too busy (don't drive him crazy with chit chat).

- He helps me out in all sorts of little ways - things I don't ask for, but he OFFERS to do.

ELKHORN VALLEY OUTFITTERS
    Kevin Miserez
    (sounds like MEE-zah-ray)
    1255 14 Road
    West Point, NE 68788
    Office: (402) 528-3387
    Cell: (402) 372-6476
    Email: evoguns@gpcom.net

I'm VERY happy to have found a totally reliable, responsible and fair FFL. Kevin's a little out-of-the-way for shooters located near Lincoln or Omaha, but I say he's well worth the drive.

For the record: I'M NOT AFFILIATED WITH EVO IN ANY WAY - OTHER THAN I BUY THROUGH KEVIN WHENEVER I CAN.