The beltman-troubles

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RiverRat5.0, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverRat5.0

RiverRat5.0

Hi everyone. Hopefully this is posted in the right place. I am posting because I ordered my belt 6 weeks ago as of today. As I somewhat expected I have not yet received my belt. So I decided to give them a call. Upon telling them my order #, the lady on the phone told me my order should ship in 2.5 weeks! What?!? The website says 4-6 weeks. Mine will end up taking close to 9 weeks... I didn't get mad on the phone, but I can say right now I'm pissed. I wish they would have communicated with me better. It also shouldn't take this long if their website says otherwise. So does anyone else have an experience like this with them? What should I do?

2. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    They are a very small business, making a custom product, and they get backed up sometimes; for a while, their backup was around 3 months.

They make a very , very good product, and it's worth the wait.

3. scattershot

scattershot

Three months for a BELT? Do they grow the cattle themselves?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  4. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Thats along time to wait for a belt, I highly reccomend Abetterbeltusa I cant not say enough bout them, they sent me my original belt and had sent a email asking how it was, I told them I loved it and it was fantastic, other than I should have maybe gotten it just one more inch bigger, but overall I loved it and it fit me, well they in turn said they would send me another belt at no cost to me and in a couple days I had another belt that was the inch bigger on my door step, then I sent them a email telling them that it fit great and was perfect, well I get a reply telling me that they would be sending me yet another belt free of charge cause they had made some new ones even better,,, so yet again in a week I had another brand new belt on the steps... so thats 3 belts I have from them and needless to say I think I will probably be dead before I can wear out one let alone 3 belts LOL... the customer service from them is top notch and I have never delt with such a great company...
    so if your looking for a new belt I vote a better belt usa

5. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Comp-Tac Kydex reinforced belt (Leather) is also another quality belt. I received it in 3-4 days if I remember correctly.

[​IMG]

6. up1911fan

up1911fan

Its not a long wait for custom gunleather. He makes a great belt, hence the time it takes, your far from the first in line. When your a one man shop, any delays slow things down. What should you do? Wait for your belt and enjoy it when it show's up.

7. alexanderg23

alexanderg23

I've got one, it didn't take 9 weeks, but it's worth it. They are nice people and I'm sure this belt will last 10 year or more.

8. 125K9

125K9

What should you do? Quit whining and wait for your belt.:rofl:

9. RayB

RayB Retired Member

That's a longassed time to process an on-line order. :sigh:

And I've recently read (GNG Lounge) that the beltman guy is a little twitchy at times... :whistling:

But by all accounts the product is worth it! :thumbsup:

Look, it's his hill and he's king of it... :dunno:

I don't know what your exact criterion are, but here are two other sources for belts, and both are excellent to do business with:

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/?icc=adwords0904&gclid=CLDMn-zljK8CFQvGKgod_z0d9Q

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/...|11167493641&gclid=CK2fn9ufya4CFYRrKgodTz9gCQ

Good luck! :wavey:

--Ray

10. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

Small business, high order volume etc are all very understandable issues. These issues can lead to long lead times, but don't need to lead to customer dissatisfaction.

It takes a minimum of effort to send out a quick email. Hell, they could have a standard cut-and-paste email. Surely over the course of 6 weeks, at some point they would realize the impending delay and notify the customer proactively.

One again, this isn't an issue of company size etc... it is a simple matter of customer relations. There are plenty of other small firms and one-man shops that are very good about notifying their customers.

11. mortpes

mortpes

I have two, one black and one brown. It appears they are going to outlast me although I use one or the other daily. A very good product.

12. dango

dango

My wife and I ran our own little business all our lives.We offered the highest quality and within a reasonable time limit.I missed the deadline 40% of the time . Things happen , machines break
    hell even bodies break. All in all , everyone ended up happy.
    When It comes to "custom" some unforeseen things occur .
    Plus when your personal standards are high , things take time.

Not to brag , but , I had a falling out with an interior decorator once.
    I',d built a doctor an entertainment center and he wanted a similar library.
    4 months later I get a call from the original client on why the quality was not up to par with the first item.I told him about the decorator choosing someone else to build it. I'm not the one who built the second piece.Be patient , it'll come .

13. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

They have an excellent product and are quite friendly to deal with, but I had a similar issue with a shipment that was delayed without any communication. I agree that a simple email would really help matters. I have two of their belts and I wouldn't hesitate to buy a third if I need it, but customer communication could improve with very little effort or expense.

14. AA#5

AA#5

He's a bit more than "twitchy." IMO, someone else should do all the phone talking.

15. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I know some industries that do :supergrin:

:50cal:

16. 2740dmx

2740dmx

Long waits do suck.
    Poor communication with customers does suck.

Beltman Belts....do NOT suck!
    Sorry for your problem, but once you get it...all will be forgiven!

I have a black leather belt that I wear every single day...and it looks brand new still!

(now if my TT Gunleather holster would just hurry up...:tongueout:)

17. up1911fan

up1911fan

So you'd rather have him sit down and e-mail everyone who ordered in the last 6-8 week's instead of making belts? That would just slow the process down more. When ordering something like this, it's not off the shelf, it's custom made, one at a time. That takes time. Anything from weather, delays in receiving materials, illness or injury or a family emergency stops production when your a one man shop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.