close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The answer to the caliber wars...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by PrecisionRifleman, Oct 24, 2011.

1. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

Reload!

I was loading .40 for my G22, 3.6 TG 180gr at about $130/1k. When I got my G20 I loaded the same loads for 10mm and they shot great. Fun and accurate. But with the 10 you can load from light 40 loads to full power 10 loads. Very versatile round and lots of fun!!!

Think about it, you can load 10mm for $130/1k (or less) for GSSF heavy metal! Its cheaper then 45.

I will get another 10mm soon.

2. Teecher45

Teecher45

I like the 10. I've had a 20 and a 29. And I'll probably have another 20 someday because I love the looks on the guys faces when they touch-off a round from somewhere like swamp fox. That alone is enough reason to have one.
    The reasons I don't have one right now;
    I walk with the bears bowhunting elk. I have conducted un-scientific tests personally in my back yard between a 20 and a S&W .44 mag. I'll stick with my .44 when my life is on the line.
    #2- I love carrying my 27.

3. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

End of caliber wars? Simple. Decide what caliber/gun combination works best for you. Don't buy into urban myth about some super stopper handgun caliber. Load with good JHP's. Count on your gun not stopping anyone with one round. If it does great. If not repeat as necessary. Practice lot's, end of caliber wars.

4. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

p.s. I haven't done any hunting with handguns in years. But a G20 loaded with some hot and heavy JHP's and maybe one of those new red dot handgun sights would be about the ultimate hunting handgun. Speaking of deer sized things, wild boar and the like. Bears??? I wouldn't use a handgun but if I did something like a .454 would be a good place to start. Have a buddy that has a working ranch out in Wyoming and he straps a huge .454 revolver on when he goes out to work his cattle. Usually he has a rifle somwhere close at hand. Nasty, big bears out there.

5. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

I support a Glock Armorer operation at the big Indy gunshow. I hear this condition constantly! I have stopped trying to educate people about the difference between "caliber" and "model"; I just tell people there are several "variants" of the Glock 40. This seems to satisfy them, while saving my voice.

Another circumstance that happens: People come up and ask a question about the Glock 22. I start my .40 G22 spiel, and then realize from their comments that they are asking about a .22lr Glock! I have learned to clarify any Glock 22 question before answering.

6. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy Silver Member

10mm - For when you just have to end it now! :tongueout:

7. AustinTx

AustinTx

There are too many people dying, from being shot by cops, with the 40 Short & Weak, for it to be too weak.

If you can shoot 40 S&W, in a G20, you have a mighty strong extractor or terribly wrong head-space. A 10mm chamber is supposed to be longer than the 40.

Over penetration is a factor that should always be considered. I think there's a little bit of myth here, even.

8. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

The chamber is longer, but it can still be done. This has been covered many times over in the 10 Ring forum. It is safe.

9. trekdesigns

trekdesigns

:rofl::rofl::supergrin::faint::faint:

just like that DEA agent.

10. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

A true 10mm fan! :rock::agree:

11. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

ROFL!! No doubt!!!

12. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

13. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

No one said anything about an urban myth, nor was this thread started with the intention of any real debate. We all know the 10mm is the most powerful Glock :nsb::nsb:. No need to debate that. Now what this thread is really about is having enough humor to watch the people who fall victim to a non existent debate; make foolish comments so all of us rational thinking self defense guys who mostly all appreciate and respect the common defense calibers can have a good laugh. Thanks! :laughabove::popcorn:

14. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

I like the 45 a lot, and for all the reasons you just mentioned. Also what you said about the 9mm loads couldn't be more true. There is a big difference IMO.

15. WolfePack01

WolfePack01

Why is there not a 10mm in the compact size like a G19/23?

16. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

The G29 has that already covered.

17. glocknick

glocknick

hey i wear a pink dress when i shoot my g26.its great you should try it.

18. glocknick

glocknick

can someone make this in to a shirt. i would so rock this shirt everytime i hit the range.

19. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Sorry I was having a moment lol. Spent too much time around the local cops on ride a longs.

20. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Me and all of my late hunting buddies have found, through dilligent research, that the .22 Short will take care of any grizzly bear situation.... :whistling: