Glock Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
40,416 Posts
The largest ammo market in the usa is kalif & we can no Longer buy online, so there should be lots of ammo everwhere else.

· Registered
40,416 Posts
That one got past me. It is what it is I suppose. Never counted on such a huge section of the market dissappearing. Hate to say it, but more for us.
Yep more gun owners here than just about anyplace else, shocking huh? So now ee are stuck buying ammo locally & the cost will rise. Doesnt affect me much, I relad everything but 12ga. Which I could start doing.

· Registered
40,416 Posts
A single event isnt moving people to buy anything. A single event with legal power behind it will. Why Sandyhook moved people to buy, there was Federal power, willing & able to change the laws to access to guns & ammo.
People here in Kalif havent figured out yet that the new ammo regulations will impact their ability to buy ammo. When fully implemented, it will require annual licensing, then eventually, imo, a restriction on how much you can buy & a per round tax. Since purchase point is limited to kalif, no internet/mail order, no buying across state lines, it is a natural progression to limits & taxation. These laws will go to other liberal states so best to pay attention to it.

· Registered
40,416 Posts
Not exactly correct. We in CA cannot buy ammo on the internet/online and have it shipped to our home, but we can buy it online and have it shipped to an FFL and pick up there.
I have not used it yet, since I stocked up in December, but I found one close by that will charge,
$25 <1k rounds and $50 >1k rounds up to a reasonable amount TBD. I'm sure they'll do 5k .22lr but maybe complain about 5k rounds of other calibers that have a large footprint in their storage area. They also told me that it should be picked up next day after delivery.
Sure & have the FFL charge you his markup so in affect banning internet sales. Then next jan you will still need that pesky lic & background check.

· Registered
40,416 Posts
Need to get a CA business licence to move ammo?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
IF you want a FFL in KAlif, you will need a bus lic & FTB number & bus front, not home ion most counties. Not sure about curio/relics lic, but that should work for moving ammo.

· Registered
40,416 Posts
There's no "markup" charge, the ammo is PRE-PAID before it's shipped.There is only Handling/Storage fee of $25. I don't buy a lot of guns, and I don't shop at 1 store only I buy where I get the best price. But I would say if you shop at and/or hang out at a small local gun store and are friends with them, you might be able to get a better deal or even FREE service.

For me, my calculations of what I need to buy, is still cheaper to buy online, get Free Shipping and pay the $25.
It was a lot cheaper before Jan.1 , but I dealt with it.

That "pesky lic & background check" is a different subject (BTW, it's July not Jan 2019) and looks like there is no way around that and will be in my calculations when the costs are actually finalized as to how much ammo I need to buy before July 2019.
Semantics, handling storage or markup, call it what you like. Next Jan you still need the lic & background to buy, dealer or not. Then it gets even more exp. It does not affect me, I reload, but it is annoying at the least, a breech of my Con rights at the worst.

· Registered
40,416 Posts
He must be talking about his local Walmart.
BTW, out here, most Wally stores are NOT FFL, so they have pulled ammo from the shelves.

· Registered
40,416 Posts
You got the LAST WORD in here. I'm done.
Have A Nice Day if you can
Not about the last word Gluac, about being right. So if semantics make you feel better about being ripped off for your ammo, go for it. Don't make it sound like it's no big deal because not all Kalif live near a small gun shop they can get a deal at. BTW it is Monday, I never have a good day on Monday. BTW, if your FFL is NOT charging you sales tax, then he is breaking the law. That transfer will cost you sales tax too if it passes thur his books.

· Registered
40,416 Posts
Oooh with capitals. Very tough guy?!?!

· Registered
40,416 Posts
Your table top dealers need to step up and start accepting ammo orders for regular customers, or start stocking even moderate amounts of ammo. I've been accepting ammo for regulars since SAFE was passed, and have stocked ammo in requested calibers for much of my 25 years as an FFL. I may not be a full blown stocking gun store, but I help out the regulars by keeping the stuff on the shelf that my customers can't find at Wally Mart etc.....
Fewer & fewer of those. Still, it doesn't get you over the stupid lic, fee & background check. Then yhe per rou d tpax will come as well as limiting the amount one can buy a month, like old wwii ration cards. Yep its coming.

· Registered
40,416 Posts
unless they stop making lead for my cast bullets, I'm set for years. I stocked up on powder and primers pre election. it was a mortgage payment. an worth each penny.
Reloading, at least for now, is the way to go. I am encouraging all the guys/gals that shoot matches at our club to get started reliading & stocking now. I presume at some point the craphead dems will figure out we reload & throw that under the lic & ban on internet sales too, but I can go for 8-10y at my current rate of consumption. By then I'll retire & be free from this chithole state.

· Registered
40,416 Posts
I hope that you are wrong about that. Ammunition rationing would do nothing to stop any of these mass shooters

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
No kidding, but that is not why kalif is doing this. They are doing it to force people to give up their guns. A glock at $500 is cheap. If the ammo goes to $1/rd, few people will be buying guns because they cant afford to shoot them. Most gun laws are feel good attempts to limit criminal activity, but a quick look at fbi stats shows laws & LE do NOT stop or even prevent crime. All they do is catch the criminal, sometimes, after the fact,

· Registered
40,416 Posts
The libs don't care about what will stop the psycho mass shooters lol they juts want to take your guns plain and simple.

I couldn't tell you how many people I have argued or debated with this past week that have used Parkland as an excuse to say we need really strict mandatory training to carry or to own a gun.

Logic, they use zero.
Lol, like the well trained & armed leo that were hiding behind their car during the entire event. Every time some turd says "only LEO should have guns", I shake my head in amazement of the ignorance the average person has about guns & violent crime. Put this terrible shooting in perspective:
The 2016 fbi crime stats show Kalif leading the country in murder numbers, 1930. Of those, 89 people were beaten to death by hands & feet! Where is the outcry? Where is the demand to do something? 89 people whos lives, everyone one, could have been saved if they had a gun & a modest ability to use it. There are 39.5m people here & a whopping 100,000+ ccw permits issued. Ya think there might be some correlation there?
Crickets, yep, because further review shows 100, of 1000s of crimes of violence committed across the country with & without guns, no crime prevention because LE is minutes away when you only have seconds to react. Victims are the tip of the spear, they are the 1st responder when attacked. Ban all guns, you would still have 1000s killed by knife & bludgeon or hands & feet annually. You would still have 100s of 1000s of women raped. No law or LEO is stopping crime, it is our responisibility to protect ourself & our own. The law makers wont figure it out & sadly, LEO like the Broward county sheriff are too arrogant to relinquish power. They are already railing against arming teachers. Rant over.

· Registered
40,416 Posts
The reason is most have already stocked up to a level they feel is adequate and no real threat to our guns or ammo can be seen at present. BUT there is always that proverbial SHTF situation that could jump up and bite us on the behind when least expected. Therefore I continue to buy.
Yep, better to have & not need.

· Registered
40,416 Posts
Cali gun control, buy a gun, charge $1 a round, register both, now your $500 Glock + Tax, has a $50 box of ammo + Tax added, no need to practice eh?
The idea is to just intimidate people into not buying. Same for the Kalif doj list of "approved" handguns. They claim safety issues, but all it does is limit the number of guns available to buy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.