Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you have $800 or so for an AR, what do YOU get, and why? I'm leaning toward the Spikes Tactical with the 3-4 week turn around time and wanted to see if I'm missing anything else in the ball park.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Without any hands on experience all I can go on is my research. From what I've found there is no better AR at that price point. Use the discount code ARFCOM to save an extra $40

·
NRA Benefactor
1,496 Posts
I put this together for $760

Stripped Stag lower, DPMS lower parts kit, CAA 6 position stock, YHM 2 piece 4 rail hand gaurd, and a complete upper with 14.5'' M-4 barrel with the A2 flash hider blind pinned to the barrel from M&A Parts.

·
Registered
363 Posts
This is what I am thinking of for a second AR

A Kit from M&A which includes every part but a stripped lower $500.00
http://mapartsinc.com/productsDetail.asp?id=101

A lower from Brownells $89.99
http://www.brownells.com/1/1/14855-...ped-ar-15-lower-receiver-spikes-tactical.html

plus shipping and what ever you FFL charges

I looked these kits over at a gun show last month and have been thinking about it since.

$500.00 Kit
$89.99 Lower
$10.00 stock spanner wrench
$20.00 My local FFL Charges
?????? Shipping
$50 and up Rear sight

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Here we go again....

BCM or Spikes. A few bucks more can get you a Daniel Defense. You'll get individual HPT & MPI parts, 4150 chromoloy vanadium steel barrels, M4 feed ramps and the closest to mil-spec your gonna get. (since tru mil-spec rifles are select fire.)

If you dont need a hard core capable rifle then an M&P or Stag or RRA is GTG for about $800 in my opinion. Stag is the only mid tier AR maker I know of that clearly states it has a lifetime warranty so thats a nice selling point there.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm seeing Daniel Defense around $200-500 more. Which to me at this time is substantial, outside the AR I'm having to figure in an Aimpoint w/ Larue mount, 10 pmags, and a case of ammo.

·
NRA Memeber
382 Posts
Stag model 3

·
Daca is caca
3,650 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
It would seem you get a Bravo for a similar price (under $900)...

$400 for a 16" middy/carbine upper
$135 for a BCG
$270 for a complete Blem Lower w/ M4 stock
$20-35 for Handguards
$50 for a MBUS

FB

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
There are a LOT of barely used AR's on the various classified boards right now. Search the boards, buy a lower and whatever upper you want. I put together an LMT lower with Sopmod stock and LMT upper last week for $700 + $25 transfer fee. $725 ready to shoot.

With all the AR's on the forums right now, buying new would be my option of last resort. So many people bought AR's during the last presidential election and now need the cash - they're dumping them for cheap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts