The 21SF I "rescued" from earlier this week

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Strahley, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Strahley

Strahley

I had posted a thread earlier in the week asking about the 21, seeing how people here liked it. Needless to say they encouraged me to go ahead and pick one up. Local pawn shop had a used 21SF for $440. It looked good on the outside (though it was a little noisy compared to my 19 when slowly racking the slide), no cuts/scratches/dings/etc, so I went ahead and bought it

First thing I did when I got home was to order all new springs (recoil, trigger, firing pin, firing pin safety, and plunger), an extended slide lever, and 3.5# connector. Second thing was to do a detail strip

Here it is all stripped down

[​IMG]

Can't tell from the picture, but it was pretty dirty on the inside! Dirty enough that after a dry fire, you could shake the gun forward and back and you would not hear the firing pin sliding around freely :(

So today my new parts came in. I got down to business and gave it a nice bath. Hoppe's #9 on every part and down the barrel first, then another bath with RemOil. I should have taken before and after pictures of the barrel, it was nasty in there!

After that, I went ahead and put some metal polish on the trigger parts that touch each other (aka the 25 cent trigger job). Put it all back together, function test, good to go! It's much quieter when slowly racking the slide (after a few hundred more rounds I'm sure it'll be as quiet as my 19), and the firing pin now moves freely in its channel after dry firing/shaking the gun a little bit. Yay!

So of course, pictures of my little Glock family

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't wait to shoot it! Hopefully that will happen tomorrow, given we don't get anymore snow dropped on us

2. mr smithglock

mr smithglock

sweet man congrats. i have never shot a 45 glock. i bet its sweet

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010

3. Strahley

Strahley

Got to shoot it today. 100 rounds in the middle, then a 3 shot group lower left. 10 yards, 40 degrees outdoor range

[​IMG]

What a fun shooter. Pretty soft shooting. Less muzzle flip than my SIG P220 and RIA 1911. I love it!

4. Seawolf

Seawolf

Sounds like you found yourself a nice deal. I'm waiting to see what the Gen4 G21 looks like down the road before I get one. My G30SF is real nice though.

5. GOA Guy

GOA Guy

I was one of the instigators from your earlier post! LOL I'm glad you like it.