close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The 120 hour Glock 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jbewley, Mar 25, 2003.

1. jbewley

jbewley Member

I've read enough of these on here, but I just had to post another one.

I bought my FGMxxx series G30 on Friday. Today, between 10am and noon, somebody kicked the back door on our house in and stole it along with four other pistols. I had gone to the range yesterday afternoon to try out the G30 alongside my Dan Wesson Patriot, Hi-Power, etc..

Of course, as life works, instead of unloading my range bag into the safe yesterday evening, I figured, "I'll just do it tomorrow". And, for the first time in my life, someone broke into our house and stole all five pistols. We've never had much crime around here. Just some junkie looking for quick cash. They just took the pistols, a laptop, and a few pieces of my wife's jewelery

Most of you will read this and think, "That sucks", like I always do when I see these posts.. but I can't urge you strongly enough to:
    1) Make sure you have all your serial #'s. I had all my #'s, but not because I was bright enough to write them all down. I had my dealer gimme a few of them, and others I had at the office. Next time I'll make sure I have a couple copies of the list.
    2) Lock your guns up when you get back, not "tomorrow". Duh. This seems obvious now.
    3) Make sure you have insurance.

Anyway, if haven't done the above, stop reading, go take care of it, and you'll thank yourself later. I sure didn't, and look where I'm at now. Defending my non-back-door-having house with my only remaining firearm, a stylish Kel-Tec P-32. Man, there's a lot of pocket lint in this thing. I guess I should clean it. :)

I enjoyed being a Big Dawg for approximately 120 hours. Now I'll have to wait for my new G30 to get here. It's the only one I'm replacing immediately. :)

Would anyone like to compare/contrast the stopping power of a 45ACP 230gr JHP with a 32ACP JHP? bah.

2. commander

commander

Sorry for your loss. Being the victim of a burglary really sucks. Especially when firearms are involved.

I lost a Mossberg, Delta Elite & a 2" Mod 60 about 10 years ago in a burglary. The idiots missed my Mini-14 but they took 2 hi-caps for it. Go figure.

The 30 is a good choice for a one gun person. I don't think the .32 even qualifies except it's better than no gun at all.

3. MuRDoC

MuRDoC

sorry man, I had my g21 stolen, the only reason I got it back was I figured a ex friend of mine did it so I called him and threatend his life, I got it back the next day, I bought a safe after that

4. .45Kevin

.45Kevin Weapons Trainer

Several years ago...I left a $100 pair of sunglasses on the dash and a new pair of Nike's in the front seat of my truck while I was at work. I was away from the property but several heard the "crash" and went outside just in time to see a young (10yrs. maybe) kid running away from the scene. He took my glasses, sneakers, and reached under the front seat and "got lucky" finding & stealing my Taurus PT-92. He used a water main cover to smash my window after eyeballing my property. The police would not even come out and do a report. They gave me a number to call and give my serial #. I was amazed...and quite angry. For many months I checked the pawn shops in the area...just in case...with no luck. I doubt that even if the police recovered my 9mm they would contact me. I had to make several calls and jump through many hoops just to get them to take my serial #. A bad experience, made worse by "big city" law enforcement. If this had happened in my (small) hometown...they would have dusted the water main cover for prints and it would have definately made the "police report" in the local paper!!!;f

Edited to add: I'm still mad when I think about this incident. I did learn to never leave ANYTHING out in view in my vehicle. I won't leave 50 cents on the console...;t

5. jbewley

jbewley Member

I got pretty lucky on the police side here.. I was actually very surprised. I called the local non-emergency number to report a burglary, and within 15 minutes, a patrol car pulled up. The policewoman was extremely helpful, and went all over the house trying to identify anything that would hold a fingerprint. No luck, but I was happy that she tried.

For some reason, I was expecting them to show up, hand me some stupid form, and leave. Dealing with the police was the only remotely tolerable part of my day.

I figure that firearms never really disappear. I'm sure I'll get a call in ten years that my Hi-Power has been found halfway across the country, rusted, and covered in duct tape.

I'm going to try to take this as a lesson. Instead of screwing with a half dozen pistols, maybe I just need to spend a while shooting the G30 (whenever it gets here) and take it to Thunder Ranch when I go this summer.

On the bright side, I hadn't installed the Heinie Straight-Eights on my G30 yet, so I still have those. Wahoo.

I appreciate all the kind words from everyone.. I guess this is just one of those things that happens. Once. :)

6. MuRDoC

MuRDoC

7. Grey Matter

Grey Matter

Man that stinks. I am going to update my serial number list tonight.

Also, for what it is worth about a year ago I went though my home ad video taped everything of value including all my guns with close-up shots of the serial numbers.

I keep the video tape in my office. My insurance consultant suggested that I to do this. If there is ever a fire (God forbid) it will speed up my insurance claim.

8. jbewley

jbewley Member

That's a very good call on the videotape. I think I'll do that.

I found out today that my replacement G30 should be here early next week. I'll feel a lot better once that happens :)

9. MuRDoC

MuRDoC

well, after reading this I finaly got a safe for my rifle and shotguns, I had it for my pistols but I got really paranoid about leaving home with my long guns not under lock and key