Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Been rackin' my brain trying to decide between the S&W 4043, Beretta 8040F Cougar and Glock 22 and dang it, I'm going Glock. The Cougar is nice and all but mags are going to be a lot more expensive and I don't think there's the support for em' like there is Glock. I mean anything you want you can get for a Glock, can't say that for the Cougar.
The S&W 4043 is pretty decent, a bit cheaper then the Glock or Cougar and mags are $10 bucks a pop but still, they're getting kind of "old school" now days, you don't see LEO's with the 3rd Gen Smiths much anymore.
Now for the Glock 22. Millions of LEO's carry them, mags are plentiful and cheap, they're easy as heck to take apart if you ever need to work on em' and they're as reliable as it gets for a semi auto.
I'll hit up a few of the locals with offers on G22's that they have for sale and if nothing pans out then I'll just order one from Mark at Summit Gun Broker and have it shipped to Tabor's(my local FFL) and get it for $365 out the door.

I guess hangin' out of "Glock Talk" just ruined me,LOL. Got to get back into a Glock.

P.S.
If I change my mind in the near future please feel free to hunt me down and whip my butt. Thanks. :supergrin:

P.S.S.
I just hope I'm "Professional" enough not to shoot myself in the foot with it.:rofl:

·
Lean & Mean
15,586 Posts
I think that Steyr is much nicer pistol actually :whistling:

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that Steyr is much nicer pistol actually :whistling:
Don't even start.:wow: Looked at one a long time ago, love the sights, fits my hand well but it's not a Glock.:tongueout:

·
Registered
14,663 Posts
So today it's Glock. What kind of odds can I get that he changes his mind again.:wavey:

Just kidding Frank. I think you picked correctly. The Glock is a good choice.

·
Lean & Mean
15,586 Posts
Don't even start.:wow: Looked at one a long time ago, love the sights, fits my hand well but it's not a Glock.:tongueout:
You right, Glock is not up to Steyr.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
tune in next week when....
Nope, ain't no "next week". It's the only gun that makes logical sense. Used by many different LEO's, easy to pull apart to work on, tons of parts. Nothing else even comes close to making as much sense plus the IWB holster that I made is still set up for a Glock 22 so I won't have to re-sew or re-fit it.

·
Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
This is getting old and stupid. Oh wait, it's been old and stupid since last month. Or maybe last year?.:rofl:

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is getting old and stupid. Oh wait, it's been old and stupid since last month. Or maybe last year?.:rofl:
Hey, I resemble that remark.:crying:

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
See if you can get a 23 on a similar deal, it is much easier to conceal. The grip on the 22 is long.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
Glock is the best. Period. Perfection. Done. Thread over.
Sure, if you can shoot one. Me? I can't hit the side of a barn with one. I shoot 1911's and Sig's much better. That doesn't mean Glock isn't great, they are. Just not the 'best' for everyone.

·
Banned
5,375 Posts
I think you made a good choice. Finally!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Didn't you start out wanting a small pistol because you didn't want to deal with concealing it....now after all this you would carry a g22? Good luck concealing that bad boy. Price is one thing but if you don't carry it because of the size then it's all but useless when you aren't at home.

Personally if I were you I'd get a g26/27 or a g36.

How do you plan on carrying this (OWB, IWB, AIWB)?

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Didn't you start out wanting a small pistol because you didn't want to deal with concealing it....now after all this you would carry a g22? Good luck concealing that bad boy. Price is one thing but if you don't carry it because of the size then it's all but useless when you aren't at home.

Personally if I were you I'd get a g26/27 or a g36.

How do you plan on carrying this (OWB, IWB, AIWB)?
Yeah, if he found a Desert Eagle for $300, he'd turn that into his carry gun.

·
Long Trail
2,478 Posts
The G22 is good... but I'd go with the G23.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Sorry to break it to you frank but as of yesterday glocks have been deemed dangerous & therefore illegal. I guess it's back to the drawing board for you!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts