That didn't take long!! (P365 aftermarket slide?)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by gh1138, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

I will confess, I have an LCP in pink muddy girl camo LOL.

[​IMG]

However, in my defense, I was in the market for a small pocket pistol. Buddy had this and it was practically brand new, maybe a box through it. For the price it could have glowed in the dark. Couldn't pass it up. And since it's in the pocket anyway...;)

-JCN-, R_P_K_, Intolerant and 2 others like this.
  2. diamondd2

diamondd2

Doesn't the 365 have a serialized chassis? 80% lowers wouldn't make sense.

Intolerant likes this.

3. Intolerant

Intolerant

DAVE DAVE D-A-V-E-E-E-E.... damn son, just when i was starting to have a little faith in you, you post a picture like THIS!!!! Ohhhh lordy, what will we ever do with you n-o-w-w-w (lol)

Hey in all actuality brother,
    i would carry a pink gun before i would ever be caught WITHOUT a gun!

Deputydave likes this.
  4. Intolerant

Intolerant

Yup, they do.
    You`re right, i agree, i dont see the point to a P365 80% anyway.

Deputydave likes this.
  5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

The 80% part comes from the Fire Control Unit which you have to complete. So basically it's like any other 80% lower.

6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I know, and they all basically suck. There are pic rail adapters available but they set the light too low, putting the switches in an awkward position.

[​IMG]

7. hardluk1

hardluk1

cowboy 1964 You show one light you don't like and I guess that's it for choices ? Must have missed the Streamlight TLR-6 has to many features or not enough light ? . How about the several sig branded lights as they have several shown on a p365 ? I know then there the holster issues . HA Guess there problems with crimson trace and viridian too as they all have lights of comb light lasers that work on the P365 with out adaptors but I'm sure you know that already .

I never did care for a gun light on my carry handgun anyhow . If its so dark I need a light to distinguish the good guys from the bad it had better be a handheld just incase that sure fired bad guy in your mind turns out to be a respected good guy or some nice old couple you just drew down on . Some of us practice shooting with a weak hand held flash light and strong held weak hand shooting over the years . Your house gun surely not a a wittle bitty p365 for that so hang what you feel is a proper gun light on what ever floats your boat . My flash light we carry is a Fenix pd35 .

8. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

The TLR-6 is only 100 lumens. I don't think any 365-railed light is much more than that, if any.

In the photo I posted you can see that something like the PL-2 Mini fits the 365, it's just the mount that needs to change. The PL-2 Mini is 600 lumens.

Isn't the mount on the PL-2 mini actually a seperate piece from the light itself? Maybe someone can just create a 365 mount for it that you could just swap. Someone needs to jump on this market opportunity.

As far as even having a WML that is a whole nother discussion and is obviously a personal choice. And just because you have a WML doesn't mean you can't, or shouldn't, still have a handheld as well. And if a house gun has a WML, why not a carry gun? You are more likely to be sweeping a friendly at home than you are on the street.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gULhoaTLWLI

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    -JCN- likes this.
  9. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

Exactly...what's wrong with the slide the Glock comes with?...I guess they are trying to capitalize on the surge in popularity of this platform....understandable I guess

Deputydave likes this.
  10. Velvetfoot

Velvetfoot

Would an extra slide machined for a red dot make sense?

11. hardluk1

hardluk1

This gun light issues of yours seems to not be a big deal for most owners so you'll ether deal with 100 to 300 lumen lights on a little handgun or step up in size and class . BUT lights are out there that do not need some adaptor . And you can go ahead an walk around in a dark area with your gun out just so you have a light available ! Hope you don't bump into a LE or some other CC'er doing the same thing ? HA We go out for dinner and a movie occasionally and park in a multi story garage that never has enough light and a side walk away stay dark . You NEED a handheld light to sweep the areas as you walk and ID a possible threat or just walk on by them butnot sweep the area as you walk with a handgun drawn and most times in public the lights are enough but if a treat is there I can could be cover my pistol at a 3:00iwb to be ready to draw if needed or just look like I have a itch !! My primary draw is one handed draw with 25 years of practice .

I have little interest is a handgun in the same size class as the p365 as a EDC and like to many videos on this subject it covers being on the offensive , gun out light on . Bad new for the typical concealed carry person .

Now in our home we have long guns for HD , 12ga and 2 - AR's that have lights mounted but EDC have none .

Now you & I know each others feeling on gun mounted lights for a typical concealed carry person and since you seem to think videos serve some useful purpose here's a counter to yours , like it matters . HA -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiI6diEamUY

12. hardluk1

hardluk1

velvetfoot There are places you can have your slide milled once your comfortable your pistols reliable long term . I live near Galloway Precision and will have a slide on a m&p with no shipping fees and there cost is affordable . Primary machine is another company that will mill your slide but you need the optic with it .

13. Velvetfoot

Velvetfoot

I've heard good things about Galloway.