close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

That Dang'd PTC

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by HEAVY, Aug 29, 2006.

1. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

i find something fundamentally wrong with the PTC.

Why is it that the permit applies to the firearm to be carried and not to the person carrying?

hindi ba dapat ang tao ang "permitted" to carry the firearm?

parang drivers license, you are allowed to drive any registered vehicle according to your restrictions (1 kung regular passenger vehicle, 2 kung motorcycle, or both kung 1, 2 ka...)

di ba dapat ganun din sa PTC?

(Tutal ikaw naman ang na-evaluate, nag-neuro, nag drug-test, nag gun safety seminar, ikaw naman ang may brgy clearance, of good moral character, etc., etc., etc.,....)

dapat pag may PTC ka, pwede ka mag-carry ng kahit anong lisensyadong firearm? (me restrictions din dapat syempre. ex., 1 pistols and revolvers, 2 semi-auto long arms, 3 full-auto, etc....isa lang pwede dalin...dapat nasa pangalan mo... )

ang siste kasi e kelangan mo kunan ng PTC bawat baril na gusto mo i-carry!

e pano kung masira baril mo o nasa gunsmith, di mo pwede i-carry yung isa?

e pano kung nasira yung kotse mo o nasa talyer, di mo pwede i-drive yung isa?

bakit? e may lisensya ka naman!!!

labo po, di ba?

pero ang mas malabo e bakit hindi po kinukwestyon ang ganitong sistema. ng ppsa o ng vacc o ng pro-gun o ng afad o ng gun clubs o ng kung sino mang organized group of gun owners.

bakit po kaya?

matagal na akong binabagabag ng katanungang iyan.

(o sige na, aaminin ko na, wala akong pambayad ng maraming ptc. isa nga lang e...;) )

pero bakit nga???

:sad:

2. choi_tan2000

choi_tan2000 BoG # 55555

tama point mo sir heavy,

kaso mukhang pera lang gusto nila . kasi malaki kita sa PTCs diba. but i really got ur point sana me makabasa ng thread mu kasi tama ka talga . y dont you raise it with PPSA or AFAD.

kasi just like driving ? its not a right but a privilage the same as owning and carrying a gun diba.

dont have to pass neuro exam or drug test or gun safety trice kung tatlo gun mo diba. grabeng bureaucracy talaga to (tama spelling ko hehe)

actually the one who is suffering is the legitimate and responsible gun owners like us sa mga ganitong systema eh.

tnx

3. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

very good point! i agree with heavy! paging AFAD, PPSA, Pro-Gun!

4. MRV_G17

MRV_G17

sinabi mo pa bro :thumbsup:

5. jimbullet

jimbullet

I believe that they want the number of firearms out on the streets limited. Its not your personal credentials that is the issue, assuming you are found to be responsible, but rather Philippines is one of those countries that dont have bearing arms as a right but so called priveledge only. i know there are some other countries that once a person is issued a certain license, it is already good for all the guns you have, but obtaining such license is really strict that the only ones that had it was 1 out of 7.

6. deenoh

deenoh

In defense of AFAD, they have done a lot for firearms owners na rin and are rarely recognized for their efforts.

To cite one example, muntik na before maging requirement ang NBI clearance for purchasing new firearms. AFAD was able to successfully lobby to do away with the NBI clearance.

With regards to the PTC, AFAD can only go so far when it comes to pushing for changes in the system. In the end, it is still the PNP's decision. Believe me, AFAD tries it best to allow us firearm owners to have an easier time applying for permits and such.

The problem is, as one PNP official once told me, the ownership of a firearm is privilege and not a right. We're not like the States where their constitution states their right to keep and bear arms.

7. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Hi Deenoh,

Thanks for the heads up on AFAD's efforts.

Given that FA ownership is a privilege not a right doesn't necessarily mean licensing and PTCs should be screwed up as it is. But I don't blame PNP alone, it is the whole system that we have.

Pro-gun should be (or still is) lobbying for these enhancements. I don't think PPSA is in a position to do so because its mandate is to promote practical shooting as a sport.:hugs:

8. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

This argument also applies to the firearm license. They should license the user and just register the firearms.

9. choi_tan2000

choi_tan2000 BoG # 55555

tama si sir deenoh its still pnp who call the shots

its just a privillage so somebody may take advantage on it
    besides pnp has some short of its budget so they use funds from firearms registration for their logistical needs.

but i stl agree with sir heavy kung carry gun dapt sa tao ang permit and not the gun . kung isa lang pwede sau depende sa needs diba.

basta licensed ung dala mung baril and in ur name .

just like M.O. of LEO's isang M.O. but may carry gun/guns only specified in the MO. and provided its license.

gulo ata statement ko. well sana pnp may appreciate the efforts of responsible gun owners and di na tau pahirapan, we are ever cooperative with them naman diba mga ka BoG's ???

tnx

10. cznayr

cznayr Dis-member

In this case, I have to disagree.. since we're likng it to vehicles.. every vehicle registration is renewed yearly just like guns (two years pa nga ang baril bago renewal)...

Pag PTC naman would be encompassing to all guns that you own, hinde kaya magmukhang war zone ang PInas.. yung mga tao may dalang tatlo o limang baril.. I would prefer that PTC would permit you to carry any guns in your aresnal provided that you can only carry one at a time.. pero mukang malabo pa din.. just my two cents

11. choi_tan2000

choi_tan2000 BoG # 55555

hahahaha

as sir deenoh said its a privillage only

its for them to control it

lets just hope mdyo gumaan lng onti process for good citizens

12. EYEMD

EYEMD

13. mikol

mikol

since we're likng it to vehicles.. every vehicle registration is renewed yearly just like guns (two years pa nga ang baril bago renewal)...

Pag PTC naman would be encompassing to all guns that you own, hinde kaya magmukhang war zone ang PInas.. yung mga tao may dalang tatlo o limang baril..

I would prefer that PTC would permit you to carry any guns in your aresnal provided that you can only carry one at a time.. pero mukang malabo pa din.. just my two cents

sa madaling salita. license the person to CCW & let him carry any boomer of his liking provided that the firearm have a valid reg. & license to own. kahit paiba-iba pa yang boomer nya araw araw basta lahat meron reg. & lic. to own/posses. yun lang.:supergrin:

14. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Kada vehicle mo ba na gagamitin iba ang license na ginagamit mo? Let's say you have 3 vehicles, are you going to use 3 different drivers licenses?

If you have 3 firearms you have 3 license cards neh? And if you apply for PTC's you have to get another 3. Thats 6 cards that would make your wallet fat.

SANA FED-PNP just license the user and just register the firearms...just like vehicles.

15. mikol

mikol

+1 :thumbsup:
    1 PTC Card & 1-10 LIC. Card to own/posses(10 lang daw kasi pwede naka reg. sa name mo sabi "DAW" ng bagong chief. :shocked: ) :supergrin:

16. Kiddo

Kiddo

Medyo mali rin ang terminology. If we would liken it to vehicles, then it should be license to carry and firearm registration, not permit to carry and firearm license. License to carry should apply to any registered firearm under your name.

Restrictions should be no carrying in public drinking/amusement places (malls and other public places are okay), no long firearms allowed, no select-fire/full-auto firearms allowed, firearm must be carried concealed, owner must bring firearm registration together with the license to carry.

But like what I mentioned in the other thread, the "no show" gimmick of gun shops should be stopped and actual testing (i.e. drug, neuro-psych, etc.) must be enforced.

That would be my ideal setup. :)

17. jimbullet

jimbullet

I believe the bottomline still on the issue that a PTC is for a specific firearm is that the PNP still wants to control those FA's out on the streets even if these are owned by responsible and legit persons.

18. royal glockster

royal glockster

+1, totally agree with u bro!!:thumbsup:

19. choi_tan2000

choi_tan2000 BoG # 55555

your all have a point sir

sana ganito ka open mind lahat ng authorities natin na makagusap ang give others side so mayos mga problema ntn

sana nga isang ptc nalng then ayusin ang policy or guidelines which agun u may cary hindi sabay sabay bawal long FA full etc.

diba mga ka BOGs

tnx

20. mariner19

mariner19

i agree with this :thumbsup: