GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Maybe at the home of the snowflakes down the street.

Reactions: PBCounty

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Our family lives 5 hours away and we have 3 dogs. Two of them are 13 and 16 years old. Its a pain to travel that far with them sometimes. Then I have to sleep in a $hitty bed and deal with about half my family and in-laws that I don't like spending much more than an hour or so with. So....covid is making it where I can chill at home with the wife and pups, cook exactly what I want, do exactly what I want and sleep in my own bed. I will miss seeing my mom, my brothers family and my nephews though. We spent several weeks with them this year though because I was out of work, covid, and my wife's job took her to the area. Yall enjoy and just do what makes you happy!!!

·
κολασμένος
18,409 Posts
It'll only be my immediate family.

That alone makes me sooooooo thankful. Thanks Covid! :rofl:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
You are the dead. Remain exactly where you are. Make no move until you are ordered.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
My son bought a turkey the other day, 27.94 pounds worth. I think it’ll have to cook for boo-koo hours. It’s been thawing in the fridge for days already.

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
Thank you, NO 3 HOUR CAR TRIP WITH THE DOGS...Cold Turkey, Oversweet Sweet potato caserole, Green bean casserole....PINK stuff for desert, attitudes, etc
We'll make our own, just us and the dogs...

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
I am going to see my parents and I cannot wait. It sucks being so far away. I do my damndest to get there for thanksgiving it is usually the one time a year I get up there. It is my dad's favorite holiday so I know it means a lot. to him, and me too. I work on turkey day proper so ours will be Saturday once I am there. my mom could serve cold tofu and raw rice and I'd just be happy to be there.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
My son bought a turkey the other day, 27.94 pounds worth. I think it’ll have to cook for boo-koo hours. It’s been thawing in the fridge for days already.
That's a big bird.

5e7.jpg

·
Georgia gal
1,142 Posts
Most of my family-- adult children & spouses, grandchildren and a sweetheart or two-- (assuming they and I are still well on Thursday) are coming to my house for Thanksgiving as usual. They all work and/or are in school and have to be out a lot anyway. I don't, but I and they are willing to risk it to be with each other that day. One of my children and his family aren't coming because his wife is at higher risk due to health issues. They're planning on coming for Christmas Eve as usual unless things are worse then, and I just visited them recently for his birthday. We'll miss them but we understand, and I don't want them doing anything they're not comfortable doing.

I know covid is politicized to the hilt, but it's also real and an unpredictable disease. I personally know a couple of people who have died from it. A few in my family have had it in the past but only had mild symptoms. I'm hoping we all stay well and have no ill effects from getting together at Thanksgiving. We have many blessings for which we are thankful and Thanksgiving is a big family day for us.

Regardless of your plans I hope all of you have a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day 2020.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Well Thankgiving is a BPIA (big pain in the a**), as those cooking bust their butts for 6 or more hours, or days cooking, baking, watching turkey cook perfect, and all the crap associated with day.

Then dead beat guests show bearing nothing but appetite, eating your stuff, drinking your booze, and complaining about something, mess up your place, leaving, and you got a mess to clean up.

I would rather stay home then watch the drama, and list to the complain like why don't you have real cranberries, wish we did not have to eat Jelled. Nuckleheard what didn't you bring your favorite Cranburries, you brought nothing, not even a Fifty of Bourbon-Host Gift for the guy who footing bill and feeding your family of 4???

Holidays can be a BPIA.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts