Glock Talk banner

Thanks

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Chopperdog 
#1 ·
Just wanted to say thanks to Eric and GT for having a veterans forum. ;?

Semper Fi

#7 ·
Originally posted by RF7126
And Sidearmor.^c
Oh great, I forgot her. Now she'll probably want to kick my butt!

A belated thanks!

#8 ·
Nah Steve, I didn't do it to be thanked. Contrary to what SparrowHawk seemed to believe, my only motive was to do this for the Veteran's. I have a tremendous amount of respect for those of you who have served. I am the daughter of a veteran, wife of a veteran, and mother of a future veteran. ;? ;?

#9 ·
Originally posted by Sidearmor
Nah Steve, I didn't do it to be thanked. Contrary to what SparrowHawk seemed to believe, my only motive was to do this for the Veterans. I have a tremendous amount of respect for those of you who have served. I am the daughter of a veteran, wife of a veteran, and mother of a future veteran. ;? ;?
Ya know, Sidearmor, and this could really be another thread, the support and love from our families, like you, made serving meaningful, at least to me.

My family was not totally thrilled I enlisted. They were proud when I earned my air crew wings, but dismayed that it meant I'd go to SEA. And when they learned I was flying combat, well, the letters were a little intense for awhile: something about my sanity kept popping up.

Daughters and sons, wives and husbands, mothers and fathers, family... They are pretty good reasons to serve.;?

#10 ·
Without the love, devotion, and understanding of families the soldier would not be able to perform their jobs or get through some of the hard times. When I was at Ft. Polk the base had Dependents Day to honor the wives, husbands and children of the service men and women. Our post commander knew the importance of that. Your as much heros as the soldiers. You are the ones waiting and not knowing what is happening to your loved one. Thanks to all the family members!!!!!!

#11 ·
Originally posted by shrpnl
Without the love, devotion, and understanding of families the soldier would not be able to perform their jobs or get through some of the hard times. When I was at Ft. Polk the base had Dependents Day to honor the wives, husbands and children of the service men and women. Our post commander knew the importance of that. Your as much heros as the soldiers. You are the ones waiting and not knowing what is happening to your loved one. Thanks to all the family members!!!!!!
When I was in the Nav, the carriers that my airwings were attached to had dependent's day cruises where we would be allowed to bring our families out and spend the day off the coast of San Diego on the boat so the families could see firsthand what we did. We had a big cookout and an airshow, and there was always appreciation shown to the families, because without their support, our jobs would have been so much tougher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.