Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not everyone knows everything. There's a difference between constructive criticism, support & help as it relates to bashing, accusations & talking s*** & insulting someone.. I'm clearly asking for help to understand what went wrong.. is this not supposed to be a gun community? Or is this a community of professionals that knows everything & they like bashing people who come looking for answers??? I have built & rebuilt/upgraded AR'S without a single problem. I have disassembled G19 & a G43 modified them flawlessly .. however with the 2nd G43 there's a few issues that I'm trying to figure out.. thanks for your HELP....

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Firing pin (striker) block should have prevented it from firing unless the trigger was pulled. With nothing to depress it, the trigger safety lever should have prevented the trigger from moving far enough to the rear to fire. Lots of wrong stuff going on there.

Reactions: John_AZ

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Firing pin (striker) block should have prevented it from firing unless the trigger was pulled. With nothing to depress it, the trigger safety lever should have prevented the trigger from moving far enough to the rear to fire. Lots of wrong stuff going on there.
It has a glockstore double diamond connector... I put the stock trigger & bar back in & the safety is working. But just by barely disengaging the safety the trigger falls completely like there's 0 wall.. with that however with the slide on & the oem trigger it's behaving correctly.. so I'm super confused because my G19 operates perfectly fine & it too has a double diamond connector.. I installed a ultimate pyramid trigger in my girlfriend's G43..it too has a double diamond connector & there's no issues with hers .

·
NRA Life Member
69,771 Posts
I bought a Tyrant Designs ITTS trigger for my G43... after installing it..it passed the safety checks using a punch.. so I put on the slide locked it back.. inserted a magazine & released the slide... laid it on my work bench & started to walk away when the gun went off... I immediately unloaded the pistol. Now with the slide off the cruciform just drops & the trigger comes back.. seems as if the safety isn't touching the frame.. also I'm confused about the trigger having constant tension that it won't stay in the cocked position & there's no wall 😬 my G19 doesn't act like this & I have a Tyrant Designs ITTS trigger in it as well.
Are you using Glock Talk to test your made-up story? The aftermarket trigger might be bad, but the bad trigger didn't pull your striker to full cock and then move your striker safety out of the way and then release the striker, without it being pulled.

Reactions: nrajeff

·
Registered
16,544 Posts
Are you using Glock Talk to test your made-up story? The aftermarket trigger might be bad, but the bad trigger didn't pull your striker to full cock and then move your striker safety out of the way and then release the striker, without it being pulled.
Whether the story is true or not…it all started with a trigger….

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My made up story?? I've been around guns my entire life, but these are my first glocks. When I disassembled the G43 I somehow broke the inner parts of the trigger housing and I searched everywhere for a O.E.M. trigger housing. I finally found a trigger with a trigger housing on JSD Supply.. it came in pieces needing to be assembled.. maybe it's faulty parts.. maybe I assembled it wrong.. but I'm not making up a story.. so I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from accusations

·
NRA Life Member
69,771 Posts
My made up story?? I've been around guns my entire life, but these are my first glocks. When I disassembled the G43 I somehow broke the inner parts of the trigger housing and I searched everywhere for a O.E.M. trigger housing. I finally found a trigger with a trigger housing on JSD Supply.. it came in pieces needing to be assembled.. maybe it's faulty parts.. maybe I assembled it wrong.. but I'm not making up a story.. so I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from accusations
First, the Glock striker is not at full cock until the trigger pulls it back. Second, even if it has enough power to fire a round without being at full cock, what moved the striker safety out of the way so the striker could fire a round?

Those parts are not in the trigger housing or even in the frame.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to GT!

If I understand correctly, you put aftermarket parts into an otherwise perfect Glock and now it doesn’t work.

This is a first.
I had to buy a trigger kit from JSD Supply because I somehow broke the inner parts of the trigger housing. I'm new to pistols & especially glocks.. my G19 was very simple & putting in my girlfriend's trigger which was a ultimate pyramid trigger after seeing my mistakes from my G43 went flawless.. maybe I assembled the trigger housing wrong..there wasn't instructions for assembly & I searched YouTube & Google on the matter.. all I found was a blurry sketch diagram. For some reason the safety on the trigger doesn't catch the frame & it seems to not have a wall to stop the trigger.. I don't understand it. It's pulling backwards on it's own after being cocked. I put the trigger that came with the kit from JSD in & the safety catches the frame..but again just moving the safety & the trigger falls completely without squeezing it 😳

·
NRA & SAF mbr
3,947 Posts
Tyrant Designs ITTS trigger
Went to their website. This "trigger" is apparently only the shoe and a spring. Is that right? You install it on your existing trigger bar, correct?
Font Circle Magenta Number Paper

after installing it..it passed the safety checks using a punch.
Can you tell us exactly which safety checks you did or how you did them? I highly recommend watching this video about safety checking the Glock mechanism. The video is about P80 builds, but the parts are all the same. Also... you should be drop-testing any gun you build or install a trigger modification.

t has a glockstore double diamond connector... I put the stock trigger & bar back in & the safety is working. But just by barely disengaging the safety the trigger falls completely like there's 0 wall
That's with the slide off, right? Just resetting the trigger in the frame and pulling it. Yeah... that's normal.

But just by barely disengaging the safety the trigger falls completely like there's 0 wall.. with that however with the slide on & the oem trigger it's behaving correctly..
Normal.

When I disassembled the G43 I somehow broke the inner parts of the trigger housing
What "inner parts" of the housing? The housing is basically a solid block of molded plastic.

laid it on my work bench & started to walk away when the gun went off.
Whoa! As in fired a round? Just sitting there on the bench? Not WHEN you dropped it / placed it on the bench, but rather AFTER you placed it on the bench and walked away? There was a DELAY between placing it on the bench and it firing?? That's crazy and hard to believe.

Now with the slide off the cruciform just drops & the trigger comes back.. seems as if the safety isn't touching the frame
The trigger safety? Not touching the frame? That's a problem, of course.

I'm confused about the trigger having constant tension that it won't stay in the cocked position & there's no wall
I don't understand this statement. There's no wall, if you're just talking about it in the frame with no slide (striker to engage the sear). Normal. But, you also said there IS a wall when you have the slide installed. Also normal. With the slide off, the cocked trigger is under tension from the trigger spring. Depress the trigger safety, and it will fall because the trigger spring is under tension.
-----------------------------------------------------

In the end, it doesn't sound like you performed all the safety tests (including drop tests). Also, do you have an armorer's backplate? It's a MUST. I suspect there is an issue with sear engagement. The only way to check that is by using an armorer's backplate. Like this:

Product Gas Auto part Font Machine

Though, that alone doesn't explain how the gun fired sitting on the bench... somehow defeating the firing pin (striker) safety. That's one part of the story that doesn't make sense. Also... how did the trigger bar / sear push the striker lug back (which is under tension in the opposite direction via the firing pin spring) all by itself???

In any case, you MUST go back and watch that video. Until then, please stop modifying your Glocks. Thank dog nobody got hurt or worse.

Also... sorry for droning on... With a new build or a trigger modification, you should NEVER load the gun with live ammo at home. All the FUNCTION AND SAFETY checks should be done ONLY with snap caps.

Then, if it passes, you load live ammo for the first time AT THE RANGE. Load one round. Fire. Everything normal, including slide lock? Good.

Load TWO rounds. Fire #1. No double tap? Good. Fire #2. Lock back? Good.

Load three rounds. Rinse and repeat. Everything normal? Good.

Load magazine and fire all rounds. Everything normal? Good.

Rinse and repeat several times to confirm proper function at the range before even thinking about loading it at home.

·
NRA & SAF mbr
3,947 Posts
I had to buy a trigger kit from JSD Supply because I somehow broke the inner parts of the trigger housing.
How so? Got photos? There are no "inner parts" to the trigger housing. It's a solid block of plastic.

I'm new to pistols & especially glocks..
If you're new, perhaps you should slow down with the mods. Educate yourself first. REALLY educate yourself before you go ****ing around with pistol trigger mods... lest you get yourself or someone else hurt or worse.

If I may ask... why are you modding the triggers on all your brand new Glocks when you are NEW to pistols altogether (by your own admission)?

maybe I assembled the trigger housing wrong..there wasn't instructions for assembly & I searched YouTube & Google on the matter.. all I found was a blurry sketch diagram.
The only things that attach to the trigger housing are the connector (which needs to be seated ALL the way, the ejector, and the trigger spring.

There are TONS of videos on how to assemble. Many of them suck. I highly recommend watching Marine Gun Builder's videos. For assembly of the lower parts:

For some reason the safety on the trigger doesn't catch the frame & it seems to not have a wall to stop the trigger.
The "wall" is created when the upper and lower are assembled together... The trigger bar pushing back against the striker and the connector. There won't be a "wall" when you pull the trigger with just the frame (slide off).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought a Tyrant Designs ITTS trigger for my G43... after installing it..it passed the safety checks using a punch.. so I put on the slide locked it back.. inserted a magazine & released the slide... laid it on my work bench & started to walk away when the gun went off... I immediately unloaded the pistol. Now with the slide off the cruciform just drops & the trigger comes back.. seems as if the safety isn't touching the frame.. also I'm confused about the trigger having constant tension that it won't stay in the cocked position & there's no wall 😬 my G19 doesn't act like this & I have a Tyrant Designs ITTS trigger in it as well.
To make a clearer picture of the situation ALL 3 guns are NOT stock.. all have aftermarket triggers, all have different slides, all have Tyrant Designs controls, all have titanium coated safety plungers & firing pins, all have different barrels, all have strike industry's slide plates, all have a double diamond connector, all have night fision sights, everything is polished & deburred.. my girlfriend's trigger is a $279 trigger, mine are $89 triggers.. I probably should have kept the O.E.M.trigger bars..but I didn't know that could make a difference. I'm on here for answers.. not for accusations. Constructive criticism is welcome.. but accusations are not welcome.

·
NRA & SAF mbr
3,947 Posts
To make a clearer picture of the situation ALL 3 guns are NOT stock.. all have aftermarket triggers, all have different slides, all have Tyrant Designs controls, all have titanium coated safety plungers & firing pins, all have different barrels, all have strike industry's slide plates, all have a double diamond connector, all have night fision sights, everything is polished & deburred.. my girlfriend's trigger is a $279 trigger, mine are $89 triggers.. I probably should have kept the O.E.M.trigger bars..but I didn't know that could make a difference. I'm on here for answers.. not for accusations. Constructive criticism is welcome.. but accusations are not welcome.
No accusations from me... none intended, anyway.

But, holy cow... a big mish-mash of components. There is this thing called "tolerance stacking." The more aftermarket parts you use, each with a range of tolerances, the cumulative effect of all of them being at one end or another of the "within spec" spectrum, can add up to enough OUT of spec when put together to render it non-functional.

Did you buy all the Glocks new / factory stock? If so, I'll ask again....Being that you are new to pistols altogether (by your own admission), why are you coming out of the newbie gate modifying almost every internal part? It's an honest / sincere question. It seems you are flying by the seat of your pants without any real education on how Glocks work (and don't work).

FWIW, my experience is comprised of shooting bone-stock Glocks for almost 30 years, never having done more than field strip them for cleaning. Then last summer, I got into building P80s. This is how I've had a "crash course" in how Glocks do and don't work. :)

I highly, HIGHLY recommend watching the Marine Gun Builder videos. They tend to be long. But, he is comprehensive in his instructions and demonstrations. His build playlist (not all will apply): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdCqeWPMf87z4_PaQQBhtVJf1YB88E93W

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not everyone knows everything. There's a difference between constructive criticism, support & help as it relates to bashing, accusations & talking s*** & insulting someone.. I'm clearly asking for help to understand what went wrong.. is this not supposed to be a gun community? Or is this a community of professionals that knows everything & they like bashing people who come looking for answers??? I have built & rebuilt/upgraded AR'S without a single problem. I have disassembled G19 & a G43 modified them flawlessly .. however with the 2nd G43 there's a few issues that I'm trying to figure out.. thanks for your HELP....
Rectangle Automotive lighting Font Jewellery Body jewelry

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had misplaced the original trigger housing...I only found it by accidentally setting a large compressor on it ..causing a piece to break off of it. I searched everywhere for a O.E.M replacement.. I couldn't find one. I finally found one on JSD SUPPLY & it had these parts that needed to be installed.. not sure if I installed them correctly

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rectangle Automotive lighting Font Jewellery Body jewelry

1 - 20 of 50 Posts