Glock Talk banner

Thanks

1039 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  gunsmoke92
Thanks for your service. :patriot::patriot::patriot:
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
24,006 Posts
Thanks for your service. :patriot::patriot::patriot:
You have no idea how much that means to some if us.

Many of us were from the Vietnam or just Post Nam era. No one thanked us then. We were spit on. Made to sit in the back of busses and planes by the toilets. In restaurants we were seated in back rooms or back by the kitchen. If we were in uniform, theaters were "sold out" to us. Taxis passed us by but called in special taxis to haul us. Usually old station wagons that reaked of vomit. College professors would fail us just because we served. Employers did not want to hire us. Fathers warned their daughters to not go out with us.

My own mother just told people I was working in California.

It was 19 years before anyone thanked me. You have no idea how it feels to finally know that someone cared.

Thank you.

· Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
69,068 Posts
God bless our veterans.

Your sacrifices are not in vain, unappreciated, or unrecognized.

Thank you

· Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have no idea how much that means to some if us.

Many of us were from the Vietnam or just Post Nam era. No one thanked us then. We were spit on. Made to sit in the back of busses and planes by the toilets. In restaurants we were seated in back rooms or back by the kitchen. If we were in uniform, theaters were "sold out" to us. Taxis passed us by but called in special taxis to haul us. Usually old station wagons that reaked of vomit. College professors would fail us just because we served. Employers did not want to hire us. Fathers warned their daughters to not go out with us.

My own mother just told people I was working in California.

It was 19 years before anyone thanked me. You have no idea how it feels to finally know that someone cared.

Thank you.
I know what you mean. I served during Viet Nam, although not in country. Even after, there were some tense times. I remember having to wear civies from home to post, change into uniform for the day, then change back to civies before I was allowed to leave post, all because someones panties were in a wad.

All those guys, and you ladies too, deserved better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.