Thanks for the input, SHTF Rifle decided.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Apetrulis01, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Apetrulis01

Apetrulis01

OK, after posting varies rifles for my SHTF and listening to the feedback I have decided to stay with my two directed gas ARs. Reasons are as follows:

1: The System has been around for a long time and has worked in a varity of enviroments

2: Have been shooting them for a long time and would not have to train on another rifle.

3: PARTS. Every policew armory as well as military armory has parts you can find for it and would be easily found. Every gun shop also has some sort of parts for the AR lying around.

4: Mags easy to come by and good mags can be found for cheap.

SHTF Rifle:

1: DPMS 16", collaspable stock, grip pod, folding rear sight and fixed front sight. Aimpoint Comp ML2 because they last forever on one battery and spare batteries will take up little space. Surefire light

2: Rock River 16", collaspable stock, both folding rear and front sight. 1x-4x scope for CQB and longer range shooting and does not require any batteries. This is more my setup for SHTF because it is simple.

Spare parts for both rifles. All rifles in .223/5.56. I reload this caliber and have a sweet load for 55gr FMj and I am stockpiling.

Thanks for all the help. The solutions was lookng me in the face the whole time and I just got caught up in the whole piston driven craze.

Thanks again,
    Adam

2. shays4me

shays4me gunaholic

Good choice. The AR platform is a good, sound design!

3. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

I agree, great choice. The AR platform is awesome!

4. ronin.45

ronin.45

They should both serve you well.

5. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Great choice! Now stock up on as much ammo as you can get.

Oh yeah.... :needspics:

6. rem2429

rem2429

Put together a spare parts kitwith a spare bolt, hoard a bit of ammo and some mags, and get the tools to work on one. Then you are really set for long term use. I really like the 55 gr vmax in my reloads, and a savy reloader can make a good barrier round for the AR as well. Practice with ball and put away some good stuff.
    I love my RRA. My DPMS works.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010