Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at all the .22's we could think of that would be left hand "friendly" the kid decided the one HE liked best was the Savage MKII GLY(we tried the full size even at 5' tall its still just not got the right stock length to it...looks like he is stretching his next awkwardly to try to get the right sight picture..the youth model looked...well RIGHT). We looked at several including my favorite the henry..but he just liked the bolt action better than lever action so thats what we got. Thanks for all the help and advice guys.

·
Tacticool brah!
1,589 Posts
I have a GXP, EXCELLENT CHOICE! I will LOVE THIS RIFLE. I have the Bushnell 3-9x40 that came with mine tuned up, even though it took a damaging drop, to put all 10 rounds into the badguy silhoutee's head at 25yds close together. and the rifle is FUN TO SHOOT, looks like a classy classy rifle. Congrats!

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah we are gonna throw a 3X9 on it here sometime before spring maybe one of the ones I have surplus in the closet :)

·
Super Moderator
19,971 Posts
The water-filled pop cans and paper targets are already shakin' in their shoes; I can FEEL it!

Congrats!

·
Tacticool brah!
1,589 Posts
This is a quick pic of mine when got it... I was extremely happy to get it around March? Of last year, at Dick's, for their sale price of $150 - even though it wasn't on sale, but it had been recently, and they had no problem giving me the sale price, since I had bought a Rem 597 and Mossberg 930 SPX in the past 60 days, plus they gave me 10% off all the gun-related purchased that trip, i.e. box of 525 CCI rounds, soft bag, cleaning kit, solution and patches etc.

Oh and something else: Apparently the Mark II G Combo or any of the Mark II combos? don't have the Bushnell 3-9x40 scope anymore , they have a 4x scope . No big deal to some but I cannot say enough how happy I am to have the Bushnell 3-9x40. It is awesome for a .22, it has awesome ring and mount for a combo, etc. Now I am still looking to upgrade and replace it but it's cool to have from the start.

Hook us up with a pic of yours and show off brother, congrays again!

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This is a quick pic of mine when got it... I was extremely happy to get it around March? Of last year, at Dick's, for their sale price of $150 - even though it wasn't on sale, but it had been recently, and they had no problem giving me the sale price, since I had bought a Rem 597 and Mossberg 930 SPX in the past 60 days, plus they gave me 10% off all the gun-related purchased that trip, i.e. box of 525 CCI rounds, soft bag, cleaning kit, solution and patches etc.

Oh and something else: Apparently the Mark II G Combo or any of the Mark II combos? don't have the Bushnell 3-9x40 scope anymore , they have a 4x scope . No big deal to some but I cannot say enough how happy I am to have the Bushnell 3-9x40. It is awesome for a .22, it has awesome ring and mount for a combo, etc. Now I am still looking to upgrade and replace it but it's cool to have from the start.

Hook us up with a pic of yours and show off brother, congrays again!

Lol I will get some pics sometime. I have a Simmons,Bushnell, and a Swift 3X9 in the closet to go on it when I get the right mounts. He may not see it for a while though...got it the same day his progress report from school came home..math grade slipped a lot so its on ice till that gets back up :). I may also get a Bipod for it as one of the main reasons we got it instead of a semi auto was for Woodchuck hunting . Probably sight it in at 50-70 yards or so add a sling and bipod and a 3X9 scope then he should be set...nice thing is even though its a left handed youth model it actually is not a horrible fit for me...almost like a small carbine like a M1 carbine or something...

·
Tacticool brah!
1,589 Posts
Oh no the progress report ! LOL I have to admit I chuckled , poor kid doesn't realize he would (or might be) enjoying his new rifle right now if not for the marks ! LOL , you can use it for motivation, after he loves it, you can safe it until he brings home a good mark on a paper/test/project/etc. And the best part is, a box of .22LR is a LOOOOOT Cheaper than a PlayStation game or an ATV or even a hockey game these days.

Sad, but fun, easier and more fun AND Much cheaper just to shoot. Oh and it looks like you're all good with scopes, see I need bipod. I actually am thinking I need two, cause I need one for this and also my newly-sling-studded Remington 597 . Now let me ask you this. They just :snap: onto the sling stud, all nice and easy? Someone was telling me, "hey Scrap just buy yourself a Harris bipod for $69 bucks. It will snap onto both your .22's (that have front studs, of course my third 22 the 15-22 i assume won't work) and you can furthermore use your slings with them, [i guess you mount the bipod onto the rifle via stud, and then attach the sling to the bipod?] and its simple simple to move the bipod rifle-to-rifle if you say want to take this one out to the range today or this one hunting, etc. If so that sounds a lot better than buying two, right?

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Oh no the progress report ! LOL I have to admit I chuckled , poor kid doesn't realize he would (or might be) enjoying his new rifle right now if not for the marks ! LOL , you can use it for motivation, after he loves it, you can safe it until he brings home a good mark on a paper/test/project/etc. And the best part is, a box of .22LR is a LOOOOOT Cheaper than a PlayStation game or an ATV or even a hockey game these days.

Sad, but fun, easier and more fun AND Much cheaper just to shoot. Oh and it looks like you're all good with scopes, see I need bipod. I actually am thinking I need two, cause I need one for this and also my newly-sling-studded Remington 597 . Now let me ask you this. They just :snap: onto the sling stud, all nice and easy? Someone was telling me, "hey Scrap just buy yourself a Harris bipod for $69 bucks. It will snap onto both your .22's (that have front studs, of course my third 22 the 15-22 i assume won't work) and you can furthermore use your slings with them, [i guess you mount the bipod onto the rifle via stud, and then attach the sling to the bipod?] and its simple simple to move the bipod rifle-to-rifle if you say want to take this one out to the range today or this one hunting, etc. If so that sounds a lot better than buying two, right?
yeah till next year when he will want to take his and I take mine also :) PA is pretty cool with their mentored youth hunting program which lets him hunt at a earlier age he has been hunting off and on now since 9yrs old I believe he is 11 now. Next year I think is the first time he has to actually take the hunters safety course to get a junior license. But for now we can only take 1 gun hunting and I have to carry it till we are ready to shoot then he can do the rest while supervised.

·
Tacticool brah!
1,589 Posts
Ohoh okay brother, have fun stay safe! To the both!

Whereabouts in Pennsy are you, I'm across the river in Jersey, Trenton area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts