Thank you.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Joshhtn, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

Thank you guys (and gals) for doing the thankless job you do. It seems with each passing year your line of work is stepped on more and more by the media and fools.

Just remember, there are also plenty of folks out there like me that 100% support and greatly admire law enforcement. We need you guys.

:cheers:

2. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    Thank you for your kind words; they mean alot more than you know....

Bomber Nav, pgg00, 1L26 and 7 others like this.

3. 1bigK

1bigK

I would like to give voice for and second what JoshTn said. You guys and gals are appreciated everyday.

Sent from deep behind enemy lines in the liberal bastion of Denver, Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tuica, JDD7 and Joshhtn like this.
  4. JDD7

JDD7

Ditto :cop:

5. B C

B C

Completely agree! Thanks to the men and women in blue.

Geneb67, 1L26, tuica and 2 others like this.
  6. JDD7

JDD7

Another Sgt in a different division and I went to eat lunch today at a country store that has a really good deli and is a frequent lunch stop for Leo's. Got my sammich and a drink and when I went to the register to pay the lady said someone had left a bunch of money at the register earlier and told her to use it for any Leo's that came in for lunch. Got a table outside and took awhile to eat because of all the people who came up to tell us how much they support us and appreciate us. I felt bad cause I have really had a bad attitude with all that has been going on. Need to be refocused every now and then. Thank you all for your support. Dont know what else to say. :cop:

7. GLOCK22JUNKIE

GLOCK22JUNKIE

Amen. I second that and have 110% support for all of you in these tumultuous times. Stay safe out there. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who would put firing pin to primer to aid an officer on the bad end of the fight.

Joshhtn, nrajeff and JDD7 like this.
  8. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

I'll stand with everyone on this thread....

Ya'll do a *Thankless* job most of the time... We know you don't get the accolades and appreciation of your 24 X 7 X 365 work... as we sleep soundly in our beds because of your presence.

We The SANE People believe in you, and your sacrifices.

God Bless Y'all Indeed!
    :cheers: :dancing: :cheers:

Ohsheepdog, Joshhtn, nrajeff and 2 others like this.
  9. nrajeff

nrajeff

How many people are willing to do a job that is often thankless, dangerous, stressful, and do it day or night, in 100-degree heat or -20 cold, helping stranded motorists, trying to resolve domestic arguments, arresting possibly ultra-violent psychopaths, and now with a constant target on your back so you never know when you might be ambushed--and do it for such little pay?

Not many. God bless the ones who are.

Ohsheepdog and Joshhtn like this.
  10. ede

ede

This, much better said than I could of. I'll add my sons a OSHP Trooper so I may be biased but I doubt my thoughts would be much different if he was employed else where.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  11. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

I firmly believe the little things we do in our daily lives have a greater impact than the occasional grand gesture.

When in a fast food drive thru and there's a cop in line ahead of me, when I place my order I tell them to tell the officer that it's been taken care of, I'll pay for whatever their order is. Sometimes it's just a cup of coffee or a soda and other times a full meal. Doesn't matter to me either way. I like to think that for a couple bucks I had a positive impact on their day, and hopefully that gets passed onto the people they interact with.

JDD7, Joshhtn, Ohsheepdog and 2 others like this.
  12. hogship

hogship A republic, if you can keep it! Silver Member

Yes.....I wish to extend my thanks to you LEOs, as well.

I don't spend any time in "cop talk", so it's unlikely that I'd have seen this thread, unless I just happen to see it in "latest replies".....like this one.

It was just a couple days ago that I decided the next time I see a cop in person, I intend to make it a point to thank him for doing what you do.

hogship

Joshhtn and Ohsheepdog like this.
  13. Ofc.JL

Ofc.JL

14. BOOSTED12A

BOOSTED12A

I'll add I appreciate all you do. I've got no stories but I will say it's a thankless job you do. Thank you for the sacrifices you make every day. You are needed and you make so many lives better.

Joshhtn likes this.
  15. Ohsheepdog

Ohsheepdog

Thank you to each of you. To answer your question, most of us do it because we're called to it and it's a large part of who we are. I can't imagine spending half my life doing something I hated or couldn't believe in at my core. I love my country and all of her people... It's an honor to be a part of defending her every day. I don't do it for accolades, but it's wonderful to be reminded we're not alone out here!
    I'm sure I'm not alone, but half of my in-laws and some of my family are venting their left wing, self-righteous frustration and anger out on my wife and me. It's very disheartening when your supposed loved ones can't have a civil, fact-based conversation with you.

Joshhtn, nrajeff and 686 AR15 G17Fan like this.
  16. nrajeff

nrajeff

No one likes being accused of being the cause of something bad that has happened, especially when you didn't do it, but it's a whole 'nother level of insult when you're actually one of the people working to PREVENT injustice, and you're accused of being the cause of it. It takes a lot of willpower to not lose one's cool when that happens, and LEOs are by far the ones most often falsely accused in that dept, IMO. I was lucky to have been a federal LEO with mostly security-related duties, so I didn't get the abuse much at all. I don't know if I could have endured the daily crap that some cops have to put up with. That's one reason I applied where I did, instead of for a city/county/state police job.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  17. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

Ditto for me.

Joshhtn likes this.
  18. Bomber Nav

Bomber Nav

A salute from USAF Blue to Police Blue.:flag:

Hang in there, guys and gals. The overwhelming majority of the country supports you. Criminals and leftists, not so much. Disregard them. You are essential and respected.

nrajeff, Joshhtn and BOOSTED12A like this.
  19. Truth&Balance

Truth&Balance

Thank you for the communities you serve and protect and know you do not stand alone. We’re right there with you.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    nrajeff and Joshhtn like this.
  20. GlockerBill

GlockerBill

here here. nothing but respect for the 99.9% of you.

BOOSTED12A and Joshhtn like this.