Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had stopped using my Glock-27 a couple of years ago because it was hurting my hand. I bought a 10mm Glock-29 and found it much more comfortable to fire. It did not pinch my pinky or sting my hand like to G27. I have been firing the G29 almost exclusively for the past two years. Recently I put two O-rings in the space between my magazine and the grip of my G27. I just returned from my firing range where I fired magazine of .40 caliber at a gong. There was no pain! It seemed rather tame to me. I'm not sure if the O-ring works because it prevents the flesh from my finger from entering that space, or if stops movement of the magazine into the grip. I do know it works. Thank you to who ever posted that.

I suspect that it was years of firing my G-29 that makes the G-27 seem mild now.

I'm attaching a photo of my G-27 with the O-rings in place.

Glock27.jpg

·
Mentally Frozen
27,282 Posts
I haven't heard of this, but I'm not getting pinched there, but this last week my slide was slamming shut on me when I inserted a loaded mag. Pinched my hand pretty good.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't heard of this, but I'm not getting pinched there, but this last week my slide was slamming shut on me when I inserted a loaded mag. Pinched my hand pretty good.
Your problem sound like a malfunction. The slide is supposed to stay back until you release it.

·
Mentally Frozen
27,282 Posts
Your problem sound like a malfunction. The slide is supposed to stay back until you release it.
Its never happened before...no biggie as it fired and ejected fine, but strange.

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
Its never happened before...no biggie as it fired and ejected fine, but strange.
I’ve found this to be common enough amongst older glocks that get A Lot of use...

It’s great on a timed qual course

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
Yeah, many consider the auto slide drop when a magazine is seated a virtue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts