close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

'Thank you' Mr. Glock!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rppnj, Feb 5, 2006.

1. rppnj

rppnj

I've owned a 9mm Glock 19 for about 4 1/2 years. It is the most comfortable pistol that I have ever shot, the easiest to maintain and for all intents and purposes, indestructable. I also own a 1911 .45ACP Kimber Custom Eclipse II, which is beautiful to look at, very reliable, but not as comfortable to shoot as the Glock (the Glock 19's smaller frame fits my hand better). My dilemma - I prefer the big bore performance of the 1911 but the Glock 19 is more comfortable to shoot. 'Thank you' Mr. Glock for resolving my problem. With the introduction of the Glock 38, I get the best of both worlds - big bore performance with the frame size of the Glock 19. It doesn't get any better than this.

By the way, can anyone tell me how the recoil of the .45ACP in a full size 1911 compares to that of the Glock 38 in .45GAP?

2. orangedawg19

orangedawg19

Id be curious to the see the difference as well. Im on the teeter-totter between getting a 19 or a 38 as my first Glock, and first handgun, but am undecided.

Any input from knowledgeable people on this subject will help all of us! PLEASE!:)

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I find the G38 more comfortable to shoot than any 1911 style pistol, even though the power level is the same.

4. rppnj

rppnj

To orangedawg19: I started with the G19. It is an excellent choice as a first handgun. The G19 is very easy to shoot. It has minimal recoil. It has great balance and feels very comfortable in your hand. The size is perfect for both home defense and as a carry weapon. It is very accurate. 9mm ammo is readily available, inexpensive and offers many different loads. The G19 allows a first time handgun shooter time to become accustomed to shooting a handgun. Once you are comfortable with the G19, you can then move on the bigger bore handguns. The transition will then be much easier then if you went with the big bore up front. After becoming proficient with the G19, I then went with a 1911 Kimber .45. I found that the Glock was much more comfortable to shoot. If the G38 had been available at the time, I would have gone with the Glock. The G38 is my next handgun. I hope that this helps with your decision. Glocks are such fine handguns, you can't go wrong owning both the G19 and the G38. Good luck!

5. orangedawg19

orangedawg19

Thank you so much for your advice. You seem like an experienced individual, and seem to reaffirm what I've been hearing alot from the professionals Ive spoken with , rather than the weekend cowboys that really dont know what the hell.

Actually right after I made that post, I headed over to a local range I just found, with an experienced friend. He brought his G20, I rented a G19 for the 4th time since I started going to ranges. Left the range a happy man, saying to myself that the G19 would definitely be the next gun for me. So accurate with rapid fire, sights came right back every time, great size and weight after comparing with a G21 I shot, and the G20 of my friends. Just wow.

Thanks again. ;c

6. Maverick1

Maverick1

Can you help a G-38, G-18, G-23, and a G34 get a number for BIG DAWG?

Regards