Thank you D Day Vets and

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by ArmyCop, Jun 6, 2005.

1. ArmyCop

ArmyCop

Vets of WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam and all others.

I'm a vet myself - Iraq 2003 OIF (Operation Induring Freedom).

When I was out in the field for a couple weeks hearing my guys complain about no access to the internet or satelite phones (I have to admit I'd complain too) I'd try to remember how the other vets of wars past had no internet or satelite phones. We complained about no A/C (finally got some after being there a few months), vets of the past never had such luxury. We complained about how bad the MRE's were, vets of the past - especially WWI and WWII would have been thankful for these.
    My Dad told me about how one of his uncles in WWI talked about feeling lucky to find a big rat to eat. When asked how did he cook it he said he didn't. I used to think this was a big kidding but now I believe him.

We had to endure some hard times (many still are) but those guys, Vets of wars past - Man, Gotta give a BIG Salute to you....
    God Bless you all and Thank you very much.

2. milkcartonkid

milkcartonkid

You are so very right, sir. We take so much for granted. I can only imagine what life would have been like for the men in the Bastogne that winter, or the in the trenches in WWI, or fighting in Korea or Vietnam.

I am in USAF tech school right now watching America's young brand spanking new 18-19 year old Airmen (i am prior Navy and 31)stumble about complaining of marching to the DFac and of all the homework while our soldiers are dying every day. Not to mention the Sacrifices of our Forefathers who fought and died for this Great Country. It makes me sick. The guys that are coming back have a saying for the guys and girls that havent deployed: "quit your crying, nobody shot at you today. it cant be that bad."

Be Safe.
    Godspeed.

3. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

ArmyCop, it is amazing how the topics of the complaining change, but it continues.

You have a definite advantage with your age and prior service. Use it wisely!!

:cool: