close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thank God I Live in Colorado (yep, you heard it right)

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Lotiki, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Lotiki

Lotiki All that is man

Well, I live in Colorado. As you all may have heard, our dear state leaders have decided to punish us law abiding citizens in order to try stop the people that are already ignoring the laws they refuse to enforce.

What many of may not have Heard is that almost every single elected sheriff in Colorado has banded together to tell the state legislature that these laws will not be enforced, and they have done so publicly.

This is a good man, I know him personally, He is the Sheriff of Elbert County in CO. He posted this video on the same day our president came to CO to spike the ball on our new gun laws. This video has gone viral in CO, it needs to go viral everywhere else before what happened to us happens to you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbnwA1v_5No"]A Colorado Sheriff Owns President Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Here is on the front row when many, many elected sheriffs all showed up on the same day to the state legislature protesting these new laws. No media coverage save for the blaze.
    [​IMG]

This video needs to be spread as far as the internets can take it.

Our new laws mean nothing, the next wave will erase them. Our current legislature is done, they know it. One of our great senators even recently accosted someone gathering signatures to her recall petition. (Petition is going very strong, in all fairness, I'd be pissed too)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  2. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Any idea how many signatures there are to recall hudak?

At least she only accosted the person gathering signatures and didn't shove a 14 year old girl to gain entry into her house demanding to see her parents for having a rival's election sign in their yard (after she removed the sign from their yard). The Arvada police report of the incident is public.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

I'm not being a weenie, just lazy, do you have a link? I would love to read that!

4. captainstormy

captainstormy

Obviously I'm against CO's new anti gun laws. But I'm honestly not sure how I feel when Sheriffs say that they won't enforce laws.

Part of me says, "Good, it's showing the legislature that the law is dumb and it's similar to jury nullification."

But the other part of me says that it is their job to enforce the laws, not make them. I'm not sure I would like my Sheriff picking and choosing which laws he enforces.

5. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

I don't envy you. WHile you can be proud there are elected officials willing to take a stand you have the bigger problem of a state being run by a liberal legislature and governor and while clearly that's a reflection of the urban populations of Denver, Boulder and perhaps the Springs. It doesn't bode well for your future. Just ask the people in Upstate New York how much influence they have in Albany vs. representation from NYC...

Just sayin...

6. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

7. frank4570

frank4570

This is what happens when city people make laws for the whole state. Unfortunately, there are a lot of voters in the cities. Officials don't just show up and sit down at their new desk, people vote them into office.

8. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Just because you wear a badge doesn't mean you ignore people's Constitutional rights and basic right and wrong.

When law inforcement decides to only follow the "law" and those in charge, right or wrong, they become jack booted thugs.
    History has shown this over and over. One of the best examples is Hitler's "law Enforcement Officers", the SS and Gestapo.
    They were just doing "their job to enforce the laws, not make them" and the "law" said murder 6 million people.

Personally, years ago as a big city Police Officer, I knew of some people that illegally carried handguns, including my Wife. My Wife's protection was a lot more important than some politician's opinion.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  9. ted1

ted1

I love the fact that they are trying to make a stand on this issue. That being said don't hold your breath they can talk all the smack they want when it comes down to it they will do their job and enforce the law.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. captainstormy

captainstormy

I totally get that, it's a fine line that I'm glad I don't personally have to walk.

If the law was completely unconstitutional, something like confiscating firearms. Obviously I believe and LEO should ignore that. It's against the constitution and the constitution is the law of the land.

However, it's a serious debate about rather or not magazine limits do or don't infringe on rights. I believe they do, but most states have already set the bar at 30 so there are limits in place already.

I was talking more in general though then just firearms issues. I've heard of sheriffs saying they wouldn't arrest for weed and other things in the past as well.

11. GlockViking

GlockViking

It's a tough spot to be in...at some point, civil disobedience is required for any law that oversteps the bounds of the Constitution.

With most elected sheriffs thumbing their noses at this, it is a telling sign that they are doing the right thing. If the Colorado enforcers of the law have issues, the law should get a re-look.

Just because it's a law does not make it right.

12. btr

btr

WRONG.

Most states have absolutely NO restriction on mag capacity at ALL.

13. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape CLM

Not (yet) Colorado Springs. For president, El Paso county voted 59.4% to 38% Romney over Obama.

14. captainstormy

captainstormy

I agree, civil disobedience to change things for the better is an important concept in our society.

I'm certainly not trying to say every law in the books is good or that I agree with them.

It's just a really fine line for someone in their position to walk.

15. jcrow

jcrow

They are upholding the constitution.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Obviously this....

17. soutthpaw

soutthpaw

Our Local Sheriff was one of the first to speak out against it and refuse to enforce it. (El Paso) county. they are not picking and choosing which laws to enforce, they are refusing to enforce a law they feel is unconstitutional to the US constitution. They r in fact protecting their county from huge civil lawsuits sure to be filed on the first enforcement of this law.

18. jilverthor

jilverthor

I saw this blog post a few days ago and had to laugh. I am hoping she agreed to sign it.

Recall Efforts at One Grocery Store

19. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Look at the pictures of Evie Hudak and Lynn Bartels...

That is about 600lbs of ugly combine....and I am not even talking about their looks...I am talking about how ugly they are to gun owners. Lynn Bartels is more slanted of a "reporter" than Bloomberg is slanted...but she claims to be a "journalist".:rofl::rofl:

20. jilverthor

jilverthor

I try not to.