close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tha arrogance of youth

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by henryj, May 15, 2006.

1. henryj

henryj

The boys, flanked by their staff.

2. Hooah

Hooah

FAT DASCHUNDS! DIET NOW!

3. henryj

henryj

The round one has Cushing's Disease, nothing we can do about her weight or shape. The one with the blue collar, Igor, isn't that heavy, he just likes to sleep curled up.

4. tomkatz

tomkatz

Nice crew there henryj:supergrin:
    My wifes old cocker had cushings, so I know what you mean. We have a 4 year old half aussie shepherd that is exhibiting some of the early signs, we're hoping it is not cushings.
    ......tom

5. GAdobemom

GAdobemom

I have a ? for henryj and tomcatz and anyone else with some advice. My almost 13yr. old mini schnauzer is borderline cushings. We go next week for another round of bloodwork. I've never dealt with cushings before is this something that is difficult to work with? Nick's sister had diabetes which was not to much trouble. I noticed Nick lost his waistline but I just thought that was because I retired him from agility. Then I started noticing other possible things(seems to always be hungry etc.)I know exactly what goes in his mouth and couldn't explain the weight gain.

6. henryj

henryj

As I understand Cushing's, it's a relatively slow degenerative muscle disease. Part of Molly's pot-bellied look is the loss of muscle strength in her abdomen. She and Igor are both nine years old, and their mom (Abby) is twelve. We expect another year or two with Molly, all we can do is watch and wait. Treatment involves medication that partially destroys (I think) adrenal function, since that's implicated in Cushing's. Every dog is different, you can find out a lot more with a Google search on it than I can remember. Abby has been described as "borderline", so again we watch and wait. No real symptoms yet. We'll know Abby is getting sick when she stops being "in your face" about her psychotic ball games.

7. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Most excellent pic henryj!!!!!!!!

Post some more pics of that 4-some......we would like to see!!! Those 2 in the middle look like riots!!

Do you have tag team wrestling at your house?? At my house we have daily CWF (Cat wrestling federation)!! I will be honest, what *I* want to see is cats with wiener dog wrestling!!!

Pics!! more pics!!! :supergrin:

8. tomkatz

tomkatz

I like the sound of that myself:). My money's on the wiener dogs though:dog:......tom

9. henryj

henryj

CWF, I like that. I wouldn't put too much money on the dogs. Everybody gets along too well, never had a problem except for drying off Jerry (the lighter one) after Molly gives him a bath.

10. henryj

henryj

Here's Ben doing his second favorite thing.

11. henryj

henryj

And his brother Jerry doing his "pet me I'm perfect" routine. These criminals were both rescues from a shelter, brothers from a litter of four. We were told we had to take them as a set. Best move we ever made.

12. henryj

henryj

What's a thread like this without baby pictures? Found these on my zip drive.

13. henryj

henryj

14. henryj

henryj