Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i own a glock 23 and i recently brought a 31 round mag from thegunsource.com when i took it to the range to test it out i found that the first ten rounds or so fired with no problem but after that i had feeding issues. it appears the spring was getting caught up inside the magazine. does anyone else own these mags and had similar problem if so how did u fix it? thanks i read somewhere about replacing the spring does anyone know where i can find them?

Image: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1225960_n.jpg

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
I've never used an aftermarket magazine but from everything I've heard about them, the only problem with them is usually the fact that they use cheap springs. The springs twist and flex sideways instead of compressing/stretching straight up and down. People say they've replaced the springs with Glock-brand or Wolff Gunsprings and then they work much better or flawlessly.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Wont Korea cover that under warrenty ??:rofl::rofl::rofl: I would just buy a factory mag.

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
there are many threads about the Korean mags. It has been really hit or miss. But I had not heard anyone who has put different springs in it still with problems. So I guess if you have no issues great, if you do try the new spring and be fine, then if all else fails buy factory. :dunno:

I use the Korean mags for range and extra in case of all hell breaks lose and the zombies decide to knock on my door looking to eat my dog. :supergrin:

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
Those mags won't work, get a Glock factory original 22 rounder in .40 and forget about problems.

·
Registered
844 Posts
My advice:

-See if you can solve the problem by switching the spring in the mag with an extra power Wolff spring. If this solves the problem then use this mag strictly for range practice.

-From this point forward only buy the 22 round .40 caliber Glock OEM mags, (yes Glock makes these and they work). I have six, and save for the last round being a PITA to load, they have all worked out of any of the Glocks in my sig line. These will be more money anywhere $35 - $50 a piece. It's worth it because as I stated they work reliably every time.

Besides you have that nice G23 RTF2 w/the gills, and really it deserves OEM mags, not Korean and/or less than reliable aftermarket knock-offs/junk.

or what Tango44 said.

Best,

Dave

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Take the mag apart. There is usually little pieces of plastic inside the mag that the spring/follower is hanging up on. You can use a box cutter or knife to cut these away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts