Text Book Swapping Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Gatman, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Gatman

Gatman

As we all know Text-Books at any college are extremely overpriced. And if we create a sticky that we edit to show what books have we can trade or loan books to one another rather than pay for overpriced books. Just list what books you have and then we can Loan / Sell / Trade to one another.

Its just an idea as I paid $60 for a stupid workbook that was only $40.00 used.

It would be nice to figure out a way to beat the system.

2. c5367

c5367 Esq.

Never buy at the bookstore! Half.com and Amazon are good sources. I usually get away with paying a little over half of what I would have at the campus bookstore.

3. uscmas412

uscmas412 Got GLOCK?

+1

Not only can you buy them for 50% less on half.com, you can almost always sell them for what you paid...unless the publisher comes out with a newer version.

4. uscmas412

uscmas412 Got GLOCK?

I would, however, like to see some paper swapping. I see that there are a few poli sci majors, I'm sure that more than one of us have written on the same topic and/or book. I currently have a paper I wrote regarding Fukuyama's STATE BUILDING and Jaffa's anaylysis of the Lincoln-Douglas debates. Even if we did not actually turn them in to our professors, it would be interesting to compare ideas.

5. c5367

c5367 Esq.

I'm polisci too, and I have an archive of nearly everything I've written for school since Freshman year. What can I say, I'm a packrat :)

6. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Just Freshman year?

I have every textbook I used that I might want to refer back to one day along with notes in the margins, class notes and outside articles saved up thru grad school. Then there are the essays/papers/exams/tests that I saved.

I have a large milk crate stuffed FULL of nothing but professional journal articles from two years of grad school.

I have another milk crate full of articles/research for a chapter I wrote for an upcoming encyclopedia.

You think you are a packrat? ;f

7. c5367

c5367 Esq.

Not anymore! ;f

8. AGSeraph

AGSeraph

Check out your schools' libraries. At UNC Chapel Hill professors usually hold their texts on reserve, i.e. 1 day check out; just study early and you're set!

9. Rob1035

Rob1035 Skeet Surfer

I started selling my books on Amazon. I get more money than the bookstore, and only pay if they sell.

10. EvilGenius

EvilGenius

I've used www.bestbookbuys.com for the last 4 years, ever since one of my professors told me about it.

It shows you the prices for all the major sites, half.com, amazon.com, b&n, etc

I highly reccomend it