close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Texas State Limited Glocktalkers

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Mark L Miller, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Hey guys, let's congratulate a couple of glocktalkers that just won their classes at the TSL in Breckenridge Tex. JoseyWales knocked the socks off C Limited & Macgregor45 won B class. I think Mac wound up 4th overall & Josey was 21st. This was out of 130 limited shooters!!! Congratulations!! By the way, this is a great match & for those of you that think USPSA shooters only shoot "space guns" remember this match doesn't even have an "open" class. There were several shooters shooting glocks & for the most part, we had less trouble than any other brand. Personally, I came in 2nd in D limited - 71st overall- ;J shooting a 4 week old g-34 & being scored, of course, minor power factor. I don't think I gave up anything shooting a glock over any gun there & had the advantage of knowing every time I pulled the trigger, it would go bang!
    There are lots of good guns out there but I choose a Glock when I am serious! Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with this STI frame I won.??? Anybody need one? ;e MLM

2. Clem

Clem

Mark, congrats to you and the other winners!! It's always good to hear that GTers and Glock shooters did more than hold their own against the various "accepted" USPSA brand pistols. Sounds like a fun match. One that Donna & I would like to work into our schedule if time and $$ allows in the future :) :) :) . Hope that you, Jay, Tracy (& others?) are planning on Shreveport. Hope to see & visit with everyone there, as well as San Antonio in December. Take care, & congrats again!! Tony & Donna / Team Sidearmor.

3. IPSC G34

IPSC G34 Sparky

BAGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. macgregor45

macgregor45 who???

Thanks, Mark! But I actually won A-class. So BJ, its not as bad as it sounds!

I went for broke at this match. I didn't slow down, didn't shoot conservatively or anything. I machine-gunned every target I got a glimpse of. It worked on 7 out of 10 stages. ;f

It was good seeing all the old faces, and meeting some of the newer faces (at least to me), like Mark.

5. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Mark and other Glock Shooters,
    Congratulations on your performances!! I'm glad to see that you are continuing to do well.

Best regards,
    Bobby

6. MFinch

MFinch Guest

Great Job! I was out there about 2 weeks ago and it was 104. Hope it was a little better for the match.

7. joseywales

joseywales

Thanks for the kind words Mark. It was good shooting with you again.
    It's always nice to tear away from the regular work load to put a few rounds downrange and break-bread with like-minded folks.

And hey, what an absolutey great shooting weekend!
    250+ rounds, 10 stages, lots of movement, great props, moving targets (clamshells, swingers, a simulated tank turret, windmills, and oh yeah, lest we forget...a couple of Texas Stars - five 8-inch plates attached to steel arms in the shape of a star...and it rotates!)
    Those of you who missed it, put this one on your summer calendar for next year.

I'm planning on the GSSF match in Shreveport 26Oct03, and hope to see you and maybe a host of other GT'ers in Coleman, TX on 08Nov03 at their 4H charity match. This match was a blast last year. It's a dirt-cheap, 7 stage 1-day event, with nearly 300 rounds (I shot several club matches at Coleman over the past year, and so I feel comfortable saying that the Coleman folks really do like to put on fun matches).

Take a peek at their web site for a descriptionColeman 4H match.