Texas Senate district 19 flipped from blue to red in special election, 1st republican in 139 years

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by B C, Sep 19, 2018.

1. B C

B C

Good news for Texas' state Senate.

"Flores’ win marked an incredible upset in a district that political observers said shouldn’t have been competitive for Republicans"

Hillary won there by 12 points.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...e-at-7-p-m-in-Senate-District-19-13239398.php

spork, StockGlockJock, Bus007 and 8 others like this.
  2. Bassman1985

Bassman1985 NRA member

And they think that they can turn Texas blue and sneak Beato** O’Rourke past Ted Cruz? Riiiiiiiiiiiight...

Just Glocks and Fred Hansen like this.

3. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I was just about to post this, but you beat me to it. :)

Dear TSRA Members, Family and Friends:

Congratulations
    State Senator-elect Pete Flores (R)
    SD 19

Tonight as the Polls closed Governor Abbott was one of the first to congratulate Pete Flores (R-Pleasanton) after Flores won the run-off election by over 2,000 votes to win State Senate District 19, historically dominated by Democrats from Bexar County. The district is made up of a total of 20 counties and runs from Bexar Co. to the border.

Election Night Returns

The run-off election followed a July special election called by Governor Abbott to fill the seat vacated by Senator Carlos Uresti convicted of fraud.

San Antonio press predicted the win to be a slam-dunk for Democrats and the only question was which one. Guiterrez or Gallego, both with name recognition and no one paid much attention to Pete Flores the Republican and retired game warden.

The press debate was over whether the winner would be Pete Gallego, a former Texas House member and recent Congressman or would it be Roland Gutierrez, lawyer from San Antonio. Both Ds had name recognition and both were well funded.

The predictions were based on voting history plus media marketing and all predicted Texas would be swept by a Blue Wave.

On Special Election Day in July, Pete Flores came in first with Pete Gallego (D-San Antonio) trailing in second place.

Election Day for the run-off was today, Sept. 18th

SD 19: Atascosa (98%), Bexar (29%), Brewster. Crockett, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Kinney, Maverick, Medina, Pecos, Real, Reeves, Terrell, Uvalde, Val Verde, Zavala counties. TSRA members, you did not let Bexar Co. control the district. You stepped up and you worked.

Now we turn to the General Election and Keep the Drive Alive!

4. grumpy1

grumpy1

Great to here and impressive! I am sure not a word mentioned on fake news CNN and MSNBC.

Steady Glockin likes this.
  5. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

First republican for this Texas Senate district since reconstruction.

And just to let you know where it is....

Border and parts of south San Antonio.

134EB148-36BE-4BD0-A967-01A634C5F085.jpeg

6. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

That is awesome. I hope it's an indicator of November and I have a strong feeling it is.

Here in Kentucky, we had a county with the longest streak of voting Democrat in the United States - solid Democrat since the county was founded, in 1869. Even when nearly every county in Kentucky voted Republican, they voted 99% for Obama. In 2016, they voted 70.1% for Trump.

7. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

8. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

For all my fellow Texans, past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Go vote. Take all your sane friends to vote. Encourage family to vote. Have a cookout for all your friends that show up with an “I voted” sticker. Put that on the invite, no sticker, no brisket or ribeyes. That with a MAGA hat = free beer

It ain’t over till it’s over, even if it looks like you are ahead.

9. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Hopefully this is an indicator that we are beginning to put the Liberals in the trash where they belong.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  10. Wayward Son

Wayward Son

My wife was feeling under the weather during our last primary and didn't want to go vote. I told her she needed to go because a lot of local elections are decided by 1 vote.
    The next morning I looked at our primary results and the candidate we voted for in hopes of unseating our liberal anti-gun, anti-death penalty, pro Obama care rino state representative won by a single vote.
    Had she elected to stay home this election could have come down to a coin toss that could have went either way but since she went we finally unseated this worthless representative.
    Go vote. It matters.

11. JFrame

JFrame

Congratulations to Pete Flores on his historic achievement! :patriot: :wave:

Just Glocks likes this.
  12. Csv

Csv

But.... But... But.... Blue wave. :crying:

13. Biggsly

Biggsly Good looking deplorable

If they have to bring it up, they will explain why this race really didn't mean anything, BUT BUT BUT that one race that they won means everything.......

14. J_Rico

J_Rico

Thinking the same thing.

Praying this is foreshadowing.

15. Bish1309

Bish1309

:animlol::animlol::animlol:

Just Glocks likes this.
  16. marchboom

marchboom

Exactly. Republicans should always approach voting as if the Republican candidate is behind. Even if the Republican is ahead, a strong Republican voter turn out sends a strong message to the America-hating democRATs.

Just Glocks and Steady Glockin like this.
  17. P99er

P99er GT Ombudsman

10 Senate democrats are running for reelection in states that Trump won. If republicans could turn those, they could kick Snowe, Collins, and Murkowski out of the republican party.

Just Glocks, TX OMFS and Wayward Son like this.
  18. AF-Odin

AF-Odin

Doc Cavalry and Marchboom are correct. We have to marshal all our forces to get to the polls like our very lives depend on it if we want to keep ALL of our rights. just need to find some way to keep my crazy older sister away from the polls.

B C likes this.
  19. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Right wing nut Lifetime Member

Exactly!

Do you have current data on US House predictions? Are we gonna hold on, tie, or lose?

Last I heard we would probably lose the majority. A huge voter turnout could change that.

20. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

That's what happens when only citizens get to vote in that district

B C, Just Glocks, Bassman1985 and 2 others like this.