close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Texas Public Draw Hunts

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Jasa, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Jasa

Jasa

I finally had my name drawn for one of the public draw deer hunts in Texas. Has anyone participated in this program before? What should I expect when I arrive at the selected site? The area I will be hunting is by assigned compartment. Any info will be appreciated.

2. Gunlawyer

Gunlawyer

You lucky bum! I never get drawn! So where are you going and for what? Details please!

3. Jasa

Jasa

Chris,

The area is the Pat Mayse WMA up near Paris, the hunt is gun deer, either sex. One deer, buck or doe.

4. Gunlawyer

Gunlawyer

Well, I am not going to be much use to you. I have never hunted or scouted up there. I just checked last years stats and they had 10% success for that hunt. If it is done by "compartment" you are just rolling the dice from what I have heard. You just never know where they will stick you. Still, some one is going to whack some venison up there on that hunt, and it could be you! So, bring your rabbits foot for good luck and good optics so you put the odds in your favor as much as possible and so you can make the most of what opportunities you may get. Check back in afterwards and post what your hunt was like! Good luck!