close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Texas man took video of dispute with

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by tongix, Jun 6, 2012.

1. tongix

tongix

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  2. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

That video looks like murder to me.

3. thejellster05

thejellster05

Wow...good post.

Pretty intense video. Interesting to see how it plays out after the Martin fiasco. Being in Texas is definitely a plus for the shooter.

4. owl6roll

owl6roll

I think someone went looking for a fight.

5. SMOKEin

SMOKEin

So, has anyone seen a report that describes why he shot? A guy approaches him laughing, does he tickle him, throw a hay maker?

6. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

I agree. Was looking for trouble and found it.

7. NickC50310

NickC50310

Sorry but Im not going to approach a bunch of drunks about loud music- PERIOD. Call the cops repeatedly until they show up. Taking the law into your own hands and ending your own life (via legal trouble or harm) or someone else's life over music is idiotic.

8. ShapesAndColors

ShapesAndColors Life is good..

I consider my definition of "defending myself" to mean that I'm in a situation in which the circumstances give me one choice of action to prevent a dangerous outcome.

Approaching an inebriated person on their property with a gun, then waiting for said inebriated person to grab a firearm, then waiting for said inebriated person to approach me and threaten me with said firearm does not fit my definition. Walking away in the several minutes he stood there was a blatantly obvious option he chose to ignore. Considering the idea that neutralizing a threat with a firearm is supposed to be the last resort, I do not feel at all comfortable with calling this justified in any way.

He wanted a fight, he got it. Now he gets to pay for it.

9. tongix

tongix

Well , Hunstville is full right now but they can take another idiot like this shooter. The reason why we pay taxes here in Texas to weed out the troublemakers.

10. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

I do believe this man will be spending most of the rest of his life as a guest of the state.

Sad situation.

11. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Hmmm. I see him having a 50/50 chance of getting out of this. I think the lack of response from the PD will work in his favor. The fact that he's recorded being in fear and, in the clips we've seen, there is no indication from the dispatcher to direct him to back off.

Obviously the better response would have been the 1812 Overture at 7am right outside of their abode, but I think, in this case in this area, he's got a good chance of going home.

12. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

He didn't have a duty to retreat but he's in a similar situation to Zimmerman. He could have just walked away and avoided the situation before it escalated.

Zimmerman was on the ground being pounded when he shot. He couldn't leave at that point.

I believe Rodriguez was in fear. If I was in fear and had the chance to, I'd leave.

How did three people get shot? Were they all shot in the front of their bodies? That will come out at trial.

Since he's in Texas, unless he shot someone in the back, I'm betting he walks.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  13. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

And you wonder why the anti-gunners are anti-gun.

14. Z71bill

Z71bill

Did the guy that was shot and killed - leave to a safe location - get a gun - and then return to confront the shooter?

It sounds like he did.

If he left - got a gun - came back - then it is 100% a good shoot.

The shooter is an idiot - no question about it - but when the guy leaves & returns with a gun the whole burden of responsibility goes on him.

I am assuming that neither guy was on his own property - like they are somewhere in the middle between their homes.

My view may change if the guy was shot on his own land - video says "I am 200 feet away" guy that gets shot says "he is in the middle of the street"

:dunno:

15. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Old case, finally going to trial.

The fact that a Grand Jury indicted the shooter, in Texas, is not a good sign for him.

16. Ian Moone

Ian Moone

By Texas standards, the shooter was in the wrong. He had every chance to walk away and let the law sort out the loud music. He didn't.

If anything, his tape proved that the victims were in imminent danger of death or serious bodily harm.

17. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Both parties escalated the situation after multiple opportunities to walk away from it. From the video it seems Rodriguez feared for his life and the situation diffused slightly, enough for him to casually walk away and he chose not to do so.

Based on the video alone, if I were on the jury I don't think I'd convict on murder but manslaughter would be a possibility.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  18. ray9898

ray9898

Hope things are not too loud for him in his prison cell. He deserves it.

19. RustyShackelford

RustyShackelford > OD Glock 32

String this guy up. Manslaughter at the least.