close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Texas GSSF competitions - first time shooter

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by drbill, Jan 30, 2007.

1. drbill

drbill

Hey guys,

I live in the Texas Hill Country (Burnet) and want to begin shooting in GSSF competitions. I just sent in my GSSF application, so I will have my membership by the time the competitions start. I notice that there are three in Texas this year ... one in Mingus, one near Lubbock, and one in San Antonio. I for sure will do the one in San Antonio, but am considering the event in Mingus, since it seems like it is not too far from where I live.

I have TONS of questions, and have been surfing this site trying to glean as much information as I can. However, if anyone is planning on attending any of these events it would be great to "talk" before the event and perhaps meet at the event.

Any insight as to how to register, which ones to attend, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Dr. Bill

2. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Well Dr. Bill....Texas this year is not unfortunately on my agenda...but I'm sure someone from Carver Mounts or a GSSF'er or two from your great State will chime in soon...welcome.:thumbsup:

3. drbill

drbill

Thanks, Festus

By the way, my daughter has moved to Indy to be with her fiancee until he graduates from IU. Not spent much time in Indy in the past, but really love the people we have met up there since she moved. So, we have adopted Indiana as a sister state of the Great State of Texas.

Ciao.

Dr. Bill

4. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

drbill
    My father-in-law, Don At PC and I will be attending the Mingus match and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Dan:cool:

5. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Dan and Don just responded...heres two of my Mentors and they represent the best Pro Team that's shooting GSSF today...either pm them or look them up at the match....you'll have friends for LIFE...welcome:thumbsup:

6. drbill

drbill

Thank you so much for responding to my post. I would love to talk about the competition. How best should I contact you? Email? Phone? Just let me know. I so appreciate the help!!!!!

Dr. Bill

7. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

PM sent!:thumbsup:

Dan:cool:

8. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Dr. Bill you have a P.M. Coming.

9. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

Dr Bill

I attended all three of these matches last year and plan on doing the same this year. I am a member of the Texas Sightmasters club that host the Slaton (near Lubbock) match and would be glad to share info with you. Please email me if I can be of any service. You can also go to the web site www.texassightmasters.com to find additional information and phone numbers to call.
    Glad to have you aboard.

Bill