close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Texas CHL Class and First Detail Strip in One Day

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by lawboy, Mar 22, 2010.

1. lawboy

lawboy

Finally got my CHL class over with. Instructor was very informative, and made the class as fun as possible. The written test (drafted by the state, not the instructor) was not much of a challenge, but neither are driving tests ;) On the shooting portion of the test, I received 250/250 points. Again, not a hard test, but it was still nice to ace it. Plus, any opportunity to shoot at the range is nice.

I knew it would likely be unnecessary, but I went ahead and detail stripped the slide of the G19 after the class (I had run 50 rounds for the class, and about 250 or so the weekend before with thr G19). I used the Glock tool, and disassembly was a breeze. There was barely enough gunk in the striker chamber or extractor chamber to have bothered, but it was still useful to prove to myself I could do it if needed. After another 1000 rounds, I may try again :lol:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Congrats on both of your accomplishments.

3. kda

kda NRA Life Member

Congratulations.

And, like you, I finally did a detail strip of my slide. Really nothing nearly as complicated or difficult as I had imagined ... thanks to the excellent videos available on the internet.

Having fired several thousands of rounds through my 26, I did have some crud and brass colored flakes (very small) that I could clean out. Certainly nothing that was close to interfering with weapon performance, but it is so easy I'll probably get in the habit of cleaning it out every thousand of rounds or two.

Now to get my nerve up to start on the lower half of the 26.

4. Ruggles

Ruggles

Great stuff! Thumbs up!

5. FriscoCHL

FriscoCHL

Now the long wait for the plastic starts! I used to run to the mail box every day...:whistling: