TestosteroneThearpy going to start

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by racer11, Nov 15, 2019.

1. durwood

durwood

2. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

^^^ This^^^

I did the injections every two weeks. No adverse side affects for me, just more energy. And wood. Constant wood! My PA told me that it doesn’t cause prostate cancer, but could make it more aggressive if I ever did get it. That’s why I got labs every 6 months including psa levels along with free testosterone. Continued injecting for about 3 years, then decided I just didn’t need it anymore. I have more pressing matters with my back and shoulders being shot to hell.

narkcop128 and durwood like this.

3. durwood

durwood

I
    Did your psa change at all? Did you get low blood sugar like I did? You had wood in the second week?

4. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Living with a slow growing prostate cancer (which may go undetected for your whole natural life) versus an aggressive prostate cancer (which will invariably be detected at some point) is literally black and white.

All I am saying is anyone thinking about taking anything that might turn a slow growing prostate cancer into an aggressive variety really should talk to more than one doctor before starting. Watchful waiting is not a big deal, other than the doubt you live with from the lack of concise answers you get all the way along. When that Gleason score comes back and your urologist starts talking about gold standard treatments, you don't want to be wishing you hadn't started the replacement therapy.

None of us is going to get out of this life alive, and it is all about quality of life along the way. All I am advocating is for people to be fully educated on their choices. Advocating that the possible side effects are no big deal is just not accurate.

Caver 60, OGW, Sdasaro and 4 others like this.
  5. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

PSA stayed within normal range throughout, though it might ride a small range up/down. The wood came along at about 4 weeks if I remember correctly. No low blood sugar that I know of.

6. ScarFace88

ScarFace88 NOT MOD APPROVED

Tag, since I have Low T, but I suspect it may be due to a pituitary tumor because of other symptoms that are comorbid.

7. Deltic

Deltic

I tried it because I had really low energy. It did nothing for my energy levels but my rage levels went through the roof. I'm a pretty calm person so this was strange. The clinic I was dealing with was the prime focus of my anger. Their billing procedure was an automatic credit card deduction with no explanation of clinic visit cost or prescription cost. I was getting a scam vibe from them.
    What I am trying now is improving my diet to improve my health. This guy sounds like he has the answers, I hope I'm on the right track.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMZfyEy_jpI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dHcT1-K-tw

8. durwood

durwood

Facts are messy especially nowadays. Like you said earlier, due diligence. I've done lots of research and posted research saying estrogen is the problem. One notice is testosterone is villianized like guns. My apathy left once on it and governments probably don't like that. Anecdotal in my case and Snerds is no side affect. Benefits are huge.
    The big question is why does testosterone aromatase into bad estrogen in some men. Body builders who abuse androgens die earlier but AFIAK not from prostate cancer. Schwarzenegger and Stallone still making movies.

9. durwood

durwood

What was labs on testosterone?

10. durwood

durwood

High prolactin?

11. ScarFace88

ScarFace88 NOT MOD APPROVED

High Cortisol, Cushing's Syndrome. It's the worst disease you've never heard of.

12. durwood

durwood

I know about it. Are you hungry at night?

Guessing you don't fit neatly in a box therefor still suffering? Dumb question but are you taking any steroids? Give a pm. I'm good at this stuff but when doctors are asses it truly sucks.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  13. durwood

durwood

14. Deltic

Deltic

It has been a few years and I don't recall.

15. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Had shots for about 6 months , helped me gain lifting weight at the gym some. As far as side effects it made my body produce to much hemoglobin and I had to have a pint taken out about once a month to lower it.

16. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

At first the impact will be startling. Another possible effect is it thickens the blood and causes and increase of the chances of a grabber but your energy levels will shoot up and the pencil will have a lot more lead in it. Then it levels out.

I did the gel due to the effects of a medication that lowered my "T" some. If I had to do it again I wouldn't have because it just wasn't that bad at the time. But I did think it was a wonder drug when it started. Be aware my insurance stopped covering it after about 6 years unless I saw an endocrinologist and I figured the hell with it, its one less script co-pay. In a few weeks I was almost a bed case. I finally got in to see an endo and I had gone from over 300 ml to 72 ml.

So she put me back on the jizz and I'm back up to 200 ML and feel much better. I work out a lot but my weight lifting hit a wall after an initial increase but still at 61yo I can still do 50 puch ups and lift decent weight. I can still throw the 90lb dummies around on the bench and do 60lb sitting over heard with the dumbells. 1/2 of my prime but still not bad for an old cripple.

I never had any effect with the gel like temper or shaving. Good luck.

LinuxLover likes this.
  17. narkcop128

narkcop128

I take 2 shots a week of T. It has improved my wood and recovery time from work outs. I actually calm down more it seems.

18. Point Blanks

Point Blanks

I was tested a few years ago due to extreme fatigue i was experiencing and the results was under a 200 reading. :couch:

My Doc began T therapy and honestly? my fatigue remained with NO change after several months therapy.

There were 2 things that did change though after a short time.One was me being pretty horny ALL the time at 55 years old AND i became pretty ANGRY / COMBATIVE and that was easily triggered,even directed towards my wife.

Once i realized what was going on i told thee Dr. no more! I am done.

Hopefully my experience will not be one you have to deal with but please watch fer warning signs!

19. dudel

dudel

In the same boat. Therapy was either shots, pellets in the butt or creme. I think I'll find some other way to boost metabolism.

OP may want to have his PSA tested first?

nursetim and WeeWilly like this.
  20. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

You probably know this, but her interest level has nothing to do with you. Sure if Brad Pitt showed up, she might bust a move for a couple days just for the strange. But otherwise, she's on her own aging path, with her own changes in "interest" :)

Grabbrass likes this.