GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Something I came across;

The MSM is shoving this crap down people's throats, and most people never take the time to understand the actual numbers.

They just think the world is ending, without digging into the facts themselves.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
Here's the other flaw with the lockdown advocate's thinking...if the virus is surging again AFTER the initial lockdowns, then WHY would we expect a second lockdown will solve the problem?

8a4a4fd632da84c1768429046cda56c7.jpg

the focus should be on a) a vaccine, and more importantly, b) therapeutics

And we are very close to having multiple vaccines, and we already have effective therapeutics. Trump proved that to the world when he recovered in a couple of days. It's time for the leftists to stop blocking effective therapeutics just because Trump had success with it. This TDS is killing more people than gangsters with guns.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the other flaw with the lockdown advocate's thinking...if the virus is surging again AFTER the initial lockdowns, then WHY would we expect a second lockdown will solve the problem?

View attachment 857606

the focus should be on a) a vaccine, and more importantly, b) therapeutics

And we are very close to having multiple vaccines, and we already have effective therapeutics. Trump proved that to the world when he recovered in a couple of days. It's time for the leftists to stop blocking effective therapeutics just because Trump had success with it. This TDS is killing more people than gangsters with guns.

Well.....

First;

COVID is a rapidly mutating RNA virus. This precludes any effective vaccine.

The therapeutics that Trump received (antibodies and Remedisvir) certainly worked very well for him. Antibody serums (I am assuming) have to be from the current mutation of COVID, and there's no doubt it works, judging by Trump's recovery. However I do not know enough about how the antibodies are harvested and used to understand how viable that therapy is for wide-scale usage.

Second;

COVID never went anywhere. There is no "surge", we're just testing waaaaaaaaay more, and finding what we're looking for. And the current test is so sensitive, it detects trace elements left in the body months after the immune system has defeated it. The early tests seem to have been failures.

Seeing all these positive tests, if the results from Michigan can be applied (in theory) across the country, is very heartening to see. We should be getting close to herd immunity soon.

Lastly;

I've got the impression that the current mutation of COVID isn't as severe in it's symptoms and lethality as the earlier mutations. I have nothing to back that up, other than the daily average deaths.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
The trigger number I watch is the available hospital capacity and it's harder to find that number. Those that need hospitalization, need it. That number and the human and other medical resources to effectively use those beds are more concerning than actual cases, though increased cases will probably raise utilization

I'm not as sure about herd immunity. Have heard from beginning of this about disturbing cases of people testing positive, then negative, then later getting positive with recurring symptoms. May be from inaccurate testing.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The trigger number I watch is the available hospital capacity and it's harder to find that number. Those that need hospitalization, need it. That number and the human and other medical resources to effectively use those beds are more concerning than actual cases, though increased cases will probably raise utilization

I'm not as sure about herd immunity. Have heard from beginning of this about disturbing cases of people testing positive, then negative, then later getting positive with recurring symptoms. May be from inaccurate testing.
I was just thinking about the different test kits that have been in use, and how sensitive/effective they've been. Certainly there have been a lot of bad anecdotal reports about the first tests, about them not being effective at all. And the current test(s?) look to be very, very sensitive, picking up trace amounts of COVID from infections past.

A friend had COVID, tested and confirmed months ago. Lost his taste and smell senses. He recovered easily. Then he got sick about a week ago, and got tested again. He was sure he had strep, but he tested positive for COVID again. But he definitely doesn't have COVID symptoms, it's some other bug. And he's already over it. But he's off work for 14 days due to work rules.

So at lest in a test sample of 1, a person can test positive for COVID months afterwards. And right now, no matter what sort of bug symptoms you seek medical attention for, you're gonna be tested for the rona.

So I'm left wondering if COVID is much, much wider spread than we realize, because those early tests were so ineffective? I certainly hope so. I'd like to think we're on the down-hill part of COVID, and herd immunity is close.

Factoring in that in a nation of around 355,000,000 we're averaging around 700 deaths (that are SUPPOSEDLY covid, but who knows?) daily, that's a really, really low number, especially if it's artificially inflated.

Hell, right around 11,000 babies are born in the US every day.

I don't think the average person realizes that the US population has GROWN since COVID hit our shores.

Reactions: redneck ron

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The questions I have are these:

Out of all the positive tests how many actually have symptoms?

Of those having symptoms, how many require care other than quarantining at home?
I would love to know those numbers too.

I think I once found the number of current COVID hospitalizations, on the Google. But I have no idea where I found it.

Reactions: Glock45Lover

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow. Boggling ignorance. If we don't test for pregnancy there will be no babies born right? Keep drinking the Kool Aid. Thank god trump will be gone January 20th.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Answer. Surge in cases:

Vote for Joe

He has the experts plan .

Fauci inconvienient lock down till at least 2022. MSM shows this week.

Wear a mask. Fauci , Birx , Redfield.

But you will need a vaccine . Fauci, Birx ,Redfield

But you still will need to wear a mask. Fauci , Birx , Redfield

No Thanksgiving for you. Fauci

You will need to wear a mask while driving in your privately owned vehicle. Fauci

2 hr visit with family at you home all wear masks for Happy Holidays. Birx

As Christmas is yet again verboten. Democrat policy.

Don't get the Fauci gold standard approved vaccine if Orange Man Bad says it's approved. Democrat politicians MSM.

Got it ?

·
Registered
18,095 Posts
The questions I have are these:

Out of all the positive tests how many actually have symptoms?

Of those having symptoms, how many require care other than quarantining at home?
I don't have an answer for your first question and a partial answer on the second question.

Kansas has currently 82,045 cases, as of 10-26. Out of that number a total of 3,752 have been hospitalized and 2,604 have been discharged. Out of those hospitalized 1,043 have been admitted into an ICU and out of that number 318 have been ventilated. How many have had the virus and not bothered getting tested because they were not feeling all that sick I have no idea.

So at least so far in Kansas the numbers have not been all that crazy. The state has recorded 1,007 deaths from this virus and I have no idea how that stacks up to past regular flu seasons.

Reactions: Glock45Lover

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
So if you test POSITIVE what does it mean?

Too me it means I have tested positive, if I have no symptoms, NO BIG DEAL. I am not sick, feeling bad.

Too the MSM, they would have you believe you are DEAD, or DIEING.

We personally know folks who went to get tested for Covid - 19, filled out paper work, got tired of waiting, left & went home. Never got tested. Then some how they get letter, "you test positive", something fishy.

·
Registered
20,644 Posts

Herd immunity, if it even works for Covid, will require a lot more people becoming infected, a decent vaccine, or both.

·
Registered
20,644 Posts
Germany and now the UK are locked down for 4 weeks. Its coming to the USA real soon too.
New York seems to be basically locked down now. Requiring most travelers to have a negative Covid test 3 days before entry. Glad I don’t want to go there. When it is all said and done you can probably pick up some prime commercial real estate in NYC for pennies on the dollar but you will need a long planning horizon to make any money. Their economy will be totally devastated.

·
Registered
20,644 Posts
I don't have an answer for your first question and a partial answer on the second question.

Kansas has currently 82,045 cases, as of 10-26. Out of that number a total of 3,752 have been hospitalized and 2,604 have been discharged. Out of those hospitalized 1,043 have been admitted into an ICU and out of that number 318 have been ventilated. How many have had the virus and not bothered getting tested because they were not feeling all that sick I have no idea.

So at least so far in Kansas the numbers have not been all that crazy. The state has recorded 1,007 deaths from this virus and I have no idea how that stacks up to past regular flu seasons.
If you scroll to the bottom of this link you will see the number of flu and pneumonia deaths in Kansas the last few years:

https://www.kdheks.gov/flu/surveillance.htm

·
Registered
13,881 Posts
Wow. Boggling ignorance. If we don't test for pregnancy there will be no babies born right? Keep drinking the Kool Aid. Thank god trump will be gone January 20th.
So are you a Maverick MD? How does Trump have anything to do with the positive numbers from testing? Has something changed recently? Most people don't die from it and the average age of a COVID death is 74YOA? What Kool Aid are we drinking? It's an easy correlation to see - the more tests we do, the more positive results we see. How is that drinking Kool Aid.

You are a recent member with not a lot of posts, what brought you here? You're not from Canada are you?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts