Glock Talk banner

Tested my Taran Tactical +2 Base Pad...

2978 Views 18 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  silversport
...I ordered a +2 and +1 the other day but they still have not arrived. However, my local gun range had a Taran Tactical +2 base plate so I snatched it up. I put 220 rounds through it, used only that mag, 200 rounds of 115gr FMJ and 20 rounds of 147gr Ranger JHP. Worked great, looking forward to those I ordered, worth it I think...so far.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
CLM #38
10,892 Posts
Thanks for the write-up. That's a respectable amount to put through the weapon with the extension.

I have been considering one, but boy are they pricey and the website have not once listed them as being in stock.

· Registered
12 Posts
I have the Taran extensions also and their quality is impressive Quick question for you on your Pachmayer grip sleeve. Is that the one for the Glock 42? I didnt think Pachmayer had one designed yet for the model 43?

[/QUOTE]

· Registered
6,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Taran extensions also and their quality is impressive Quick question for you on your Pachmayer grip sleeve. Is that the one for the Glock 42? I didnt think Pachmayer had one designed yet for the model 43?

[/QUOTE]

The grip is actually generic I think...it might be for the 42, I don't remember to be honest. It fits well though.

· Registered
13 Posts
They are in stock right now. I just ordered a +1. After seeing this im thinking about adding a +2 to the order. Very nice !
Same here. I've been checking their site regularly and just ordered three +2's and one +1. Thanks for the up close pics. You would be surprised at how hard it is to find a good pic of the +2 inserted in the 43.

· Registered
121 Posts

I don't have the +2s yet, but here's a pic of a TTI +1. I have smallish hands so I can get 1/2 a pinky on the front of the extension. I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to get a full grip with the +2s.

That said, I don't have any issues shooting the G43 regardless of pinky extension or not. I find I can shoot it equally well either wrapping my pinky under the bottom of the magazine or around the front with an extension.

· Registered
781 Posts
I have 2 of the +1's and have run quite a few rounds through them without a single hiccup. In fact, I haven't had one single issue with any round I have fired through my G43. The +2's were out of stock when I ordered my +1's, or I would have just ordered 1 of each. But since my wife shot my G43 this last weekend and loved it so much, looks like I am going to have to get another G43 if I want one, LOL. So, I just went ahead and ordered 2 of the +2's. Then I will have two sets, +1 in the pistol to CCW and +2 in the backup mag. Great products!!

· Registered
77 Posts
My buddy showed me his this morning. He bought the +2. Very nice, quality made also. I'm definitely buy two +2's for my 43.

· mrsig
126 Posts
I bought a +1 and ran about 30 rounds thru it as well as my other 43 mags. No problem with any of my 6 mags using FMJ and JHP.

I did think the +1 TTI was a bit pricy as ic cost more than a mag. After my practice rounds and watching Hickock 45 youtube on it I feel comfortable with it.

· Registered
6,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I heard a rumor that Glock is coming out with extended factory mags so I'm waiting for that.
Rumors could be just that, may never come out or come out after years. At least these are around, though IMO, a bit expensive for what you get but mine seemingly works. What Glock should have come out with in the first place IMO, a 7 or 8+1.

· Registered
2,906 Posts
...I ordered a +2 and +1 the other day but they still have not arrived. However, my local gun range had a Taran Tactical +2 base plate so I snatched it up. I put 220 rounds through it, used only that mag, 200 rounds of 115gr FMJ and 20 rounds of 147gr Ranger JHP. Worked great, looking forward to those I ordered, worth it I think...so far.

nice review and thanks for the pics

Bill

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.