Glock Talk banner

Ten pics of new Aprilia RSV Factory

1110 Views 17 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  tnoisaw
10
Guys,

I took some pics of my new bike today. I sized them down, but my camera is not that great. Hopefully they turned out well enough. Please tell me what you think. Thanks.










See less See more
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
That frame and the wheels make that bike look awesome!

BTW on a side note, I am glad you passed on the Duc. I think Terblanche (sp?) has done nothing but make Ducs the worst looking things on two wheels. The 999 is one the ugliest sportbikes to come out in a LONG while.
That thing is dead sexy! Love the color scheme, and the dual pipes :)
Holy macaroni and cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :supergrin: :number1: :dancing: :rock: :dancingbanana: :pepper: :motorcycle:

143-hp and 70+lbft at the crank so that should be around at least 130 at the rear.

If you feel like spending more big bucks, get the Akrapovich for Aprilia Racing exhaust system. It comes with a new chip. And the Evoluzione airbox modification kit is a must. Ånd invest in a new fan switch too. The heat that engine generates is fearsome. The Evoluzione fan switch comes on at 181F and should help if you were to ride it on the street.

That's it, I'm buying another Tuono, by all that's unholy!

PS The 06/07 Factory is about as close to the Nera as you can get. It has the same engine mods, the same suspension. The only differences are the all carbon fiber parts and the magnesium OZ that go with the Nera.

And sign up at http://www.apriliaforum.com

AF1 Racing out of New Braunfels is the host for the forum and they are THE Aprilia Gods in the US. If your dealer doesn't have a part, chances are that they do. If nobody knows how to tune your Ape for you, they'll give you advises.
See less See more
Originally posted by fnfalman
Holy macaroni and cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :supergrin: :number1: :dancing: :rock: :dancingbanana: :pepper: :motorcycle:

143-hp and 70+lbft at the crank so that should be around at least 130 at the rear.

If you feel like spending more big bucks, get the Akrapovich for Aprilia Racing exhaust system. It comes with a new chip. And the Evoluzione airbox modification kit is a must. Ånd invest in a new fan switch too. The heat that engine generates is fearsome. The Evoluzione fan switch comes on at 181F and should help if you were to ride it on the street.

That's it, I'm buying another Tuono, by all that's unholy!

PS The 06/07 Factory is about as close to the Nera as you can get. It has the same engine mods, the same suspension. The only differences are the all carbon fiber parts and the magnesium OZ that go with the Nera.

And sign up at http://www.apriliaforum.com

AF1 Racing out of New Braunfels is the host for the forum and they are THE Aprilia Gods in the US. If your dealer doesn't have a part, chances are that they do. If nobody knows how to tune your Ape for you, they'll give you advises.
I was going to get the new Akrapovic by Aprilia EVO6 system, but I was told the the bottom of the body work must be trimmed and the sidestand relocated as its made to work with race bodywork and no sidestand. I'm not willing to do this. I plan on getting Akrapovic by Aprilia slip on with the removable baffle. It won't give HP gains like the full system, but its claimed to increase HP by about 5 and reduce weight slightly. I like the looks and sound of it.
I may also do the airbox mod. I plan on getting the gold CRG clutch and brake levers with the red click switch from AF1. They will go great with the bike.

My dealer has a Nera in a glass display case. Its a beautiful bike. It has the carbon bodywork and OZ forged magnesium wheels, instead of the Factory's OZ forged aluminum wheels. I'm not sure the Nera's engine was quite as strong as the new Factory's since its a 2004.

Yes, I'm already a member at the forum. Its a great site.
That thing is ****hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are killing me, I have to wait until next year for a bike and even then I won't be able to afford an RSV. Oh well, Speed Triple here I come.
Originally posted by fireslayer23
That thing is ****hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are killing me, I have to wait until next year for a bike and even then I won't be able to afford an RSV. Oh well, Speed Triple here I come.
There's nothing wrong with a Triumph Speed Triple.
Originally posted by bac1023
There's nothing wrong with a Triumph Speed Triple.
I know, but there's something so much more right about that RSV.
Just did a check, there's an Aprilia dealer 1.8 miles from my houses. Nearest Triumph dealer that's decent is 50 or 60 miles away.

Crap, might be looking at some financing on a new Ape instead of just walking in and paying cash for a Triple.

Did I tell you how much I hate you guys?
Originally posted by fireslayer23
Just did a check, there's an Aprilia dealer 1.8 miles from my houses. Nearest Triumph dealer that's decent is 50 or 60 miles away.

Crap, might be looking at some financing on a new Ape instead of just walking in and paying cash for a Triple.

Did I tell you how much I hate you guys?
If you get an Aprilia, which one would you finance?

My Aprilia dealer has Ducati and Triumph as well.
I had narrowed my choices down between an S3 or a Ducati Monster S4Rs, but I was really leaning for towards the S3. Now, I guess the RSV Factory is in the equation.

The S3 is the cheapest at $9,999 and makes me feel evil, but the best dealer is 75 minute drive away.

The Duc is more money at $14,995, more sexy and there's dealer about 15 miles away but the maintenance costs kind of scare me.

The RSV Factory is even more money at $17,999 but has it's own mix of sexy and way of invoking impure thoughts and the dealer is literally 3 minutes away from my house. The pics posted in this thread are literally the best I've seen of this bike.

I'll have to wait and see how things shake out money wise and see what I do.
I'd like to see how this newfangled S4Rs compare to the second generation Tuono.
4
Originally posted by fireslayer23
I had narrowed my choices down between an S3 or a Ducati Monster S4Rs, but I was really leaning for towards the S3. Now, I guess the RSV Factory is in the equation.

The S3 is the cheapest at $9,999 and makes me feel evil, but the best dealer is 75 minute drive away.

The Duc is more money at $14,995, more sexy and there's dealer about 15 miles away but the maintenance costs kind of scare me.

The RSV Factory is even more money at $17,999 but has it's own mix of sexy and way of invoking impure thoughts and the dealer is literally 3 minutes away from my house. The pics posted in this thread are literally the best I've seen of this bike.

I'll have to wait and see how things shake out money wise and see what I do.
You could also get the standard RSV for $13,999. The standard model has the same magnesium engine, the same Ohlins front suspension this year, the same Brembo front and rear brakes, and is available in three colors. The Factory only comes in one.

RSV1000R:







RSV1000R Factory:

See less See more
And for about 1/2 that price I will deliver a used, not abused, with extras, fully serviced, legal NH title, '96 Ducati 916 Desmo Monoposto, "the original sexy machine" to Road Atlanta to the AMA races in 2 weeks for you to view and if you like drive away on, sorry for the cheap plug, but I have to thin the herd, back injury w/ no work forces sale.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top