Tempting Ruger Redhawk 357 in 2.75" barrel

Discussion in 'Ruger Club' started by Valor1, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

I really to stay away from gunstores on my free time. I just got curious on this offering by Ruger and decided to handle it, fondle it and dry fire it. It's been more than a decade since I own a revolver and this is something.

https://ruger.com/products/redhawk/specSheets/5033.html

I compared it with Ruger's GP100 match champion but the Redhawk's trigger is so sweet. Capacity is 8 rounds for all that range time goodness and probably overkill home defense gun. My local gunstore doesn't have it in 4.2 barrel thank goodness. If he did have them on stack at that time, my credit card will be scolding me again.

Do you think the 4.2" barrel version should have the same trigger as the 2.75"? Any body own one or any opinions?

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I picked one up and immediately put it down, walked away and never looked back.

It's so awkwardly balanced that I derived no pleasure at all from the handling, much less actual shooting. I'd be interested in a longer barrel with a more substantial grip to balance the gun better.

3. Pistol Pete 10

Pistol Pete 10

The thing is a giant any way you look at it. It is a .44 frame, why would you want all the extra weight and bulk and just have a .357?

4. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

Well, it's just a fun range gun or like a coffee table book thing. Just one of those itches you get like women trying to add another shoe or bag in their collection.

Like I just said, I just like the trigger. But I would prefer it in a 4.2 or 6 barrel.

I had a Ruger Sp101 before and sold it for a Glock 26 (more ammo capacity, etc.) and thinking of letting Ruger take my money again. Lol

5. bac1023

bac1023

Ruger has certainly given a lot of options lately.

They ought to work on finally smoothing out the DA action after 50 years instead. Talk about clunky revolvers...