Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Romanian WASR-3 chambered in 5.56x45 that is a sweet shooter. Lately, I admit to be falling for the "alternative caliber to the 5.56" propaganda. the 6.5 Grendel and 6.5 Creedmoor are the latest superstars. I'm itching to get more punch at close-to-medium ranges with a larger diameter bullet with minimum change to what I already have. After much research, I came across the .25-45 Sharps, which is nothing but a 5.56 case opened up to wedge a .25 cal. bullet. This means, all I have to do, is to re-chamber(because of the neck difference) and re-barrel my already reliable WASR-3 to take the bigger pill. Of course, that will entail that I will have to hand load for the new cartridge, which based on the performance I have seen on YouTube, I wouldn't mind. Has anyone done this? or what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Rebarreling an AK is an endeavor. They are constructed to be cheap to replace, barrel replacement was never a consideration in the design. If your willing to put in the work it’s not too hard but at a minimum you will need a 20 ton press and a barrel pushing and barrel seating tool

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I looked at youtube and got discourage. I may instead build an AR chambered for the 25-45 sharps, since they sell barrels already chambered for that round and is easier to screw in a barrel than press in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts