close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Temecula & San Diego gun Safe question

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Ouch!, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Ouch!

Ouch! correctamundo

I hope this is the right place to post. I own a few handguns but now I have been looking at shotguns. I need a safe that cand hold 5 pistols and a couple rifles. I'm on a budget. Can someone point me to the right direction to get a good deal on the safe I described?

2. aguyindallas

aguyindallas Glock Rocker

Go to www.costco.com and search for some safes there. They are priced well and you can get it delivered if you need to.

The best thing about Costco is the warranty. You can return ANYTHING ANYTIME for ANY reason.

So...if you buy a safe and outgrow it. You can return it and "upgrade" to a larger one.

3. Ouch!

Ouch! correctamundo

I am alway looking for a reason to shop at costco.
    Thanks,
    Ouch!

4. CAAT2

CAAT2

Turner's Outdoorsman has a lot of gun safes that's on sale till 9/13.
    I have a AmericanSecurity model 5517W perfect for what you are looking for. It weights 275 lbs. It has a 20 min Fire Rating and also heavy duty. It's perfect inside a closet. I'll post a pic once i get it uploaded to my computer. This specific Fire Gun Safe cost $359.98 plus tax.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/CAAT1/FireGunSafe002.jpg

5. grayelky

grayelky

Don't have a safe, but I do have a suggestion:
    Once you get it, install a sprinkler head over it. This is something you can do yourself, if you can do any plumbing work. If you are lucky enough to locate the safe near a water line, great. If not, a few feet of copper pipe and a sprinkler head is all that will be needed. If there is a fire, the added protection will help keep your safe and contents cooler longer. If you or a buddy can do this, it will not cost over $20-$30. There may be those who will say it will not help much, but will it hurt anything?