close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tell me why you consider the Glock 19 to be the best Glock.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by blahblahblah, Dec 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. blahblahblah

blahblahblah

I have my reasons, curious to hear yours.

2. Rob96

Rob96 Millennium Member

It is becasue of the balance of size, weight and power. You get full size performance out of a compact weapon.

3. .45MoonClip

.45MoonClip NRA Life Member

I've come late to the Glock fold. Just couldn't warm up to 'plastic' guns. I still love revolvers! Then a local gun shop saleman who is a Glock armourer and shooter started working on my head. Next thing you know, I'm picking out my G19.
    I settled on this model for several reasons: (1.) 9mm is what the gun was designed around. (And it can be a very effective and controllable self defense round) (2.) I like the feel of the G19, it is compact yet holds alot of bullets. (3.) It is probably the best compomise in size for a carry gun I can comfortably conceal. (I'd love to carry a .45 ACP but they are just alot of gun to hide)

4. Black Metal

Black Metal

I hesitated on getting a g19. I considered trading it several times. I pawned it to help pay a bill when our furnace conked out. I have had and still have several more expensive firearms. However, the g19 is just awesome. It has never failed to function. It shoots poa for me. It is lighter than my HKs. Contrary to many it fits my hand perfectly. So far it is the best overall pistol for my carry needs.

Black Metal

5. RicVa

RicVa

Perfect combination of size, fit (for me), capacity and reliability.

6. USMC_G19

USMC_G19 Ham Salad

All around multipurpose lead hurler. Lightweight, easy to conceal, 15+1 man-stoppers at your disposal, and with the 9mm you have a wide variety of rounds with some very impressive ballistics on par with some of your larger calibers.

7. STG77

STG77

95% of the performance of a G17 in a smaller package. 9mm Glock reliability. Not excessively small, shoots and feels like a "real" gun.

8. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

Sorry, can't do it. Glock 34 all the way, baby! :p

9. TLHelmer

TLHelmer Millennium Member

Size, feel and capacity!

10. SirDaniel

SirDaniel

Agreed.

I shoot the G19 the best of all my GLOCKs. IMO, this is due to the "feel" of the grip in my average/small sized hands.

dan

11. Cool Hand Hodge

Cool Hand Hodge Senior Member

small enough to carry, large enough to be a service weapon. PERFECT

12. Front Sight

Front Sight Front Sight

For me it balanced perfectly. It can hold 15+1 and it comes out of the holster quicker. I find that it also points faster.(alighn sights) .

13. skypan1

skypan1

Size, 15+1, great balance, can achieve follow up shots at POA alot faster, it fits my hand.

Wide selection of ammo for defence that can have just about as much effect as a .40 or .45.

It dont matter what cal it is if you cant hit what you are pointing at it wont do you any good, so for me the 19 will allow me to put Multiple rounds where I want them to go easyer when the Poo hits the fan.

The cost of ammo to practice / have more fun with at a lower cost.

14. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

To me, there is no "Best Glock". You can't go wrong with any of them. I would, however, consider the G19 to be the "best" Glock 9mm and the "best" 9mm period. The size seems to be its best feature. It is an excellent compromise between the G17 and the G26. I use it for a duty weapon on my part-time Security Officer job. When I used it in qualifications, its performance was superb. It was easy to draw and hit on target in a couple of seconds. I would not own any other 9mm. :cool:

15. vafish

vafish

I think the G19 is the best all around Glock. Sort of the "Jack of all trades and master of none" gun.

Small enough to conceal easily.

Light weight for all day carry.

Big enough to be a range, match, or duty gun.

With proper bullet selection it is an effective self defense caliber.

9MM is about the cheapest centerfire ammo you can buy.

9MM has fairly low recoil.

Holds 15+1 rounds.

Simple manual of arms, just point and shoot.

It's just a great all around handgun and if for some reason I had to limit myself to just one 9mm or one handgun it would do very nicely.

But,

It's a comprimise gun, the G34 is better at the range or in matches, the G17 is a better duty gun, the G26 is easier to conceal, the .40 S+W's, .357 Sigs, .45 GAP and ACP have more effective bullets (yes we could argue that all day, but lets not)

16. BikerRN

BikerRN

I like the Glock 19 because it fits my hand, I'm accurate with it and it's easy to carry.

I feel that I get the most bang for my buck with the 19.

34: Too big to conceal
    17: Too big to conceal
    26: Feels like a brick

17. glocker2006

glocker2006

Cheap to shoot
    Just right size
    Has rail on 3rd gen
    100% reliable with 4500 down range

18. ohyeah

ohyeah

more rounds in more places. :cool:

19. Grim

Grim

I have been a glock owner for about 6 months i have shot the 17 19 23 26 27 and right now i carry my 19 because i can realy
    on my 19 i have put about 3000 rounds and it has never jammed never misfired that is why i think its the best.

20. 86strokerlx

86strokerlx Gun Stand Man

Shot my first Glock in 1991. It was a G17. I fell in love. The first pistol I ever shot was a Colt 1911 Commander .45. I was barely 5 years old! I've always loved the look of that gun but being the rather small framed individual I am, .45 acp is just too much to handle accurately on a regular basis.

With the Glock I instantly dug the weight, size, accuracy, reliability(dropped it in the ocean on the beach and she fired perfectly after only blowing on the chamber), look, mag capacity and feel of the grip even though I have small hands. The only thing I don't like about Glocks are the trigger pull. Especially after shooting a Commander for many years. But, that can easily be changed.

I owned a very nice, highly modified, G23 for a couple years but that was a bit much for CCW due to my struggles with grip and the expense of shooting 40 cal. .40S&W is a lot of punch in a relatively small frame!

The 9mm in the same size frame is dead on the money for me! That's why I love the G19. Cheaper to shoot, easier to control, more rounds plus, it's an absolute nail driver! I don't want a tack driver, I want a NAIL driver!

When I was doing summer internships at my local police department back in the late '90's, the guys were all using Beretta's and SIG's. They weren't excited about the Glocks being department wide issue. Jokes about plastic, blah, blah, and about when it gets hot, just bend it to shoot around corners, etc.

It was great seeing their faces at the range when they were first shooting them! They tossed their Beretta's and SIG's and never looked back. If the G19 is good enough for the pros, then it's sure as hell good enough for me!

I only trust my life to two pistol makers: Colt and Glock!