Tell me why I am wrong

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dbuck47, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Crash21

Crash21

I sold a G19 for a P320 compact. If your looking for a smaller gun look at the FNS Compact. Block makes a great gun but these 2 shoot better IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbuck47 likes this.
  2. Neldon

Neldon Hill Country Boy & Proud Navy Veteran. NRA & USCCA

I shoot my 19 more accurately than my 17, my 33 more accurately than my 23, and my tiny LCP as good as any.
    Think it is because bullets from short barrels leave sooner.

dbuck47 likes this.

3. jr24

jr24

OP may want to search the forums about the 19x, this topic was covered ad nauseum last summer. Some like the balance and some don't see the point. I find the 19x shoots better in my hands than my 17, and carries more comfortable IWB. I don't need a shorter grip, and if it do I have a 26.

Is it a big difference? Eh, not terribly, but my 19x is my favorite Glock and I'll dump all the rest first, so it does work for me.

Yeah, it can use Gen 5 baseplates while the 19x cannot. Also probably is more drop free with Magpul mags, some 19xs have issues with those I read, mine runs them fine.

dbuck47 and ga4boats917 like this.
  4. Mahalo_.357sig

Mahalo_.357sig #787 Top Gun .357sig

Quite a few like having larger capacity with a shorter frame. Similar to having a G19 and a plus 2 or 3 extension.
    For me, I would own one because it is a Glock but I doubt I would carry it often or as often as my G31 or my M&P

dbuck47 likes this.
  5. Karambit777

Karambit777

Now if they would come out with a 17 slide mated to a 19 frame.

Or a 19 slide w/ 26 frame.

I still probably would not buy either since I have the trifecta already (17,19 & 26).

Willard, dbuck47 and AdamRodgers like this.
  6. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers Kilt in Da Streetz since 1999

Im getting closer and closer each day to cuting down one of my G17's to a G19 grip.

I think I would enjoy that. I shot a friends and I could not tell much difference.

dbuck47 likes this.
  7. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers Kilt in Da Streetz since 1999

Im getting closer and closer each day to cuting down one of my G17's to a G19 grip.

I think I would enjoy that. I shot a friends and I could not tell much difference in the recoil of it, plus it did conceal a bit better.

dbuck47 likes this.
  8. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

I agree, seems backwards....the grip is the part that's hard to hide. Maybe the short barrel gives high waisted folks a little more room when drawing from the hip and short waisted folks more "junk room" when appendix carry.
    I used to carry my G27 with a sleeved 23 mag in the winter for the extra capacity before I went back to G23's full time because I eventually stopped carrying the 27 with the short mag all together.

Neldon and dbuck47 like this.
  9. wvbusdriver

wvbusdriver

As one who has owned and shot many different Glocks, I will say the G45 has been quite an enigma! Common knowledge would indicate longer slide / shorter frame would make a better pistol (especially for CC) but I would put it’s appeal (for me) would have everything to do with BALANCE. I can’t explain it totally, but I like the no finger grooves on the grip and when I shoot the G45 something just happens that is GOOD!!! I own 3 G19s and I really love to shoot them but honestly out of the box I shoot the G45 better! Go figure! I would say get your hands on one - beg, borrow, steal, or rent - shoot it for a day and see if it has the same effect it had on me....
    It really is an awesome firearm!!

10. eagle359

eagle359 Glock Fanboi

It is not a question of right or wrong. The G19 grip is just a bit too short for me to get a comfortable grip. I like the G17 length grip much better. G17 grip length and capacity with G19 slide, I was on that like a fat kid on a pizza.

Neldon, Gfive45, tcphoto and 6 others like this.
  11. Karambit777

Karambit777

First world problems lol.

No offense of course... all us gear junkies suffer from some form of non-essential impracticality.

dbuck47 likes this.
  12. Indy_Tim

Indy_Tim

True as this is, being that the G19 length slide is the most common size Glock out there, It would seem that most don’t think that it matters for EDC.

dbuck47 likes this.
  13. dbuck47

dbuck47

Thanks for all the replies. I can see a lot of reasons for using the G45. It really should be no surprise as I have used a steel frame Commander for 40 years-the 1911 version of short slide full size grip. The G17, though is virtually the same dimensions as my Commander, though a little thicker.

So it is growing on me-think I am gonna have to shoot one.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  14. Buckeye63

Buckeye63

I personally look at pistols to carry .. concealed or open ..

My brother looks at pistols for range use ... his only carry gun is a S&W J frame and its been that way since 1976 .. same gun .. and he has a alot of handguns ..

dbuck47 likes this.
  15. Crash21

Crash21

You got to be kidding. The grooves in the barrel cause the bullet to spin. The longer the barrel the more the bullet accelerates. Thus more accurate.

dbuck47 likes this.
  16. Timothy Courtney

Timothy Courtney

dbuck47...i too carried a dw commander for a few years until i bought a g21. i had to learn the glock trigger because it is totally different than a 1911 trigger, you know slight take up crisp break. you become accustom to a glock trigger then pick up a 1911, it could get you in trouble if youre not very careful. just sayin.

dbuck47 and Neldon like this.
  17. Neldon

Neldon Hill Country Boy & Proud Navy Veteran. NRA & USCCA

Crash, at close range, assume inside 50 ft, has nothing to do with rifling.
    When the barrel unlocks before the bullet exits the crown, the barrel will move the shot off target. It is a well known fact the Glock 19 is inherently more accurate than the Glock17 unless the 17 is modified to delay the unlock.
    While Glock pistols, out of the box, come ready, willing, and able to compete defensively reliably, they are not bullseye pistols.
    Pistols like Colt, Kimber, or Les Bauer 1911's lock up tighter than Glocks and then, yes longer barrels increase accuracy.
    Glocks are designed to compete on the street, not the bullseye range.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    dbuck47 likes this.
  18. dbuck47

dbuck47

Timothy-always good advice.

19. michael_b

michael_b Elementary, my dear Watson.

117 years of 9x19 hype, that's some marketing. Well done Georg Luger.:rolleyes:

There's a good reason it sticks around and stays popular - it's a great combination of size and performance that allows a great variety of grip sizes to accommodate the most hand sizes.

For me, the perfect 1911 set up. The two I have left are both commanders.

Once people hold one, their eyes tend to light up as they discover how well balanced the 45/19X feel. Similar to the reaction when they feel they grip size of the 48/43x.

dbuck47 likes this.
  20. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Wal Mart sells Hawaiian print shirts and cargo shorts in different styles sizes and colors.

Glock sells pistols in many different set ups.

Get what you like, tell us about it here.

I like my G-45 on my hip under a Hawaiian shirt, wearing cargo shorts.

Six months from now, Jeans and a Real Tree jacket will be usual my winter dress.

STREET LEGAL

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019