close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tell me what you know.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Zonny, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Zonny

Zonny

Last week, my son's, his GF's and two of their neighbor's (perhaps even more) vehicles were broken into; no damage of any kind. All the vehicles were locked.

Nothing taken from two of the vehicles because nothing of value was in either one. The other two had a few items taken.

Question is (and the police would not confirm), is there some kind of device, either electronic or otherwise that is able to open vehicles without and obvious signs?

Two Fords, one Chevy and one Honda were victims. I'm wondering if there's a geek out there that has come up with some kind of device that pops open the electric door locks on various makes of vehicles? :dunno:

Weird, and if that's the case, it wouldn't take long to cover a neighborhood hoping to find weapons or otherwise. All the glove boxes and consoles were pillaged so I have a feeling, that's what they were hoping to find.

2. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Are you positive they were locked? I've taken many many reports from people who swear their vehicles were locked yet there was no sign of forced entry. Did they have alarms? It is possible they were wedged or something, but that takes at least a minute or two for each car.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

3. Highspeedlane

Highspeedlane NRA Life Member

I dunno but I once locked the keys to our Ford Windstar inside when the stupid after market "security system" (I didn't install it, the previous owner did) went off on its own and locked me out.

The AAA mechanic inserted an inflatable wedge of some sort in the door frame, expanded it just enough to insert a thin rod in and tap the unlock button on the door armrest.

You could never tell anyone had gotten into the vehicle that way when he was done. And it only took him about 12 seconds to do it.

4. Easterbrook

Easterbrook Wagon Burner

5. Zonny

Zonny

It would be odd that 4 separate people who's habit is to always lock, failed to do so.

6. Zonny

Zonny

Available on Amazon.com, correct? Why can't people just get fricken jobs like the rest of us? :steamed:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  7. Easterbrook

Easterbrook Wagon Burner

$6.99 and free shipping if you have amazon prime.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-1-1-Universal-Lockout-Tool/dp/B0037UQTGE/ref=sr_1_9?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1335647220&sr=1-9"]Amazon.com: TEKTON 22" x 1-1/4" Universal Lockout Tool: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31wWmtesobL.@@AMEPARAM@@31wWmtesobL[/ame]

8. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Did they have vehicle alarms? It may seem odd, but I've seen it happen.

9. Zonny

Zonny

I can't answer that. :dunno:

10. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

I locked my keys in my truck once. Called roadside assistance, took the tow truck driver who showed up all of eight seconds to get the door open.

Doesn't take long if you know what you're doing.

11. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

This is what is doing it. Lot of Taxi and wrecker drivers have these. Lot are pretty shady in my book.

12. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Once you see how the door are made and the door locks are connected, it's simple.

13. Foxterriermom

Foxterriermom No place like home

I recently saw a youtube video where some perps used a toilet plunger to "bump" the locks on a car door.

14. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

that could easily be done in seconds . plus it helped to have a repo man as a friend / ive got those very tools :whistling::whistling:

15. goldenlight

goldenlight

This.

I have seen tow truck drivers 'Slim Jim' cars open just as fast as if they had keys.

16. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

17. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Slim Jim set.

The vast majority of the deputies on the local sheriff's department have them.

This county used to offer 'door-opening services' to residents that lock their keys in their cars.
    The current Sheriff stopped the service. The number of 'lock-out calls' were huge!!

Most cars/trucks can be opened in less than 2 minutes with a Slim Jim, if you know what you're doing.