close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tell me about your Sunday-

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by filthy infidel, Feb 21, 2010.

1. filthy infidel

filthy infidel 100% Infidel

I'll tell you about mine first. My youngest son turned four today, we had a party for him yesterday. My outlaws left (not bad when they're here) this morning. The weather was sixty five and sunny, I worked a bit in the garden, the seedlings are doing great inside. An ice chest full of Heinekens was left over from the party, went down well with the yardwork. I found out I have a job interview this week!.
    As I'm typing this, the chiminea is nice and warm and my wife and kids are about to toast some marshmallows. :cool:

2. arclight610

arclight610

Slept in too late and missed church. My wife and I had a late date last night. She went to work at 2pm. I went a picked up the 2 really nice night stands I bought off of craigslist for $20. Procrastinating on my homework. Thats about it.

3. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Its my only day off work. Slept in until about 1 pm, and I ain't doing **** all day. Movies, computer, beer, rum, thats all. :supergrin:

4. Joebagadonuts

Joebagadonuts

Started out with a hilly 13 mile run with a couple friends, got some trigger time in at the snow covered range with a buddy new to shooting, relaxing now watching the NASCAR race!!:cool:

5. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

Snowing outside. Threw some Chili in the crockpot this morning for supper tonight along with homemade cornbread.

Sitting back surfing the 55" plasma.

6. gatorhugger

gatorhugger

Was gonna see a movie. While getting dressed, Mentioned to the wife I had bought her a present.
    Some mint condition clothes on Ebay since she is always complaining about nothing
    to wear.
    She demanded to see it.
    I jokingly refused.
    She demanded again, and again, and again, then getting nastier said she would
    be in a bad mood all day if she didn't see the pictures. She thenReminded me again how she threw all the high dollar purses I bought her away without using them once because she did not like them.
    "is this going to be another PURSE INCIDENT?" She said snottily.
    Which pissed me off.
    She cancelled the movie.
    So I have been fighting all day with a spoiled ungrateful wife creating fights out of nothing.
    Do not get married.
    I am looking forward to Monday work.
    Thank you for hearing me vent.

7. Slotback

Slotback Glock 35 Millennium Member

I helped some folks move some stuff.

8. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

9. Mungrol

Mungrol Wanabe Like RTN

Well it is Monday here now. But on Sunday, took the family skiing. The three oldest kids were snowboarding. The 4 year old, wife and I were on ski's. Had a blast. Overall... great day.

10. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Great day, sunshine and blue sky, smoked up some sausages, then roma tomatoes for a sauce, now have some marsala thighs on the Traeger and next up is a spatchcock chicken that's been marinating in an olive oil, orange, cocoa coffee rub. I just want to keep my grill going all day for that beautiful smell. Six pack of Spaten Optimators down, cousin just went to get another, gonna be a great afternoon.

11. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

Wife and I made barbecue pork and sweet potato fries to take to my parents' house for lunch as payment for my mom doing our taxes (I get almost $11K back, thanks Obama!). After we ate my dad and I went out and BS'ed while I did a little work on my car (oil change and plugs).

Then I ran through the car wash to get the salt and crap off my car, and now we're at home relaxing for a couple hours before we go to the gym.

12. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

It's not for nothin', but I think I'd just stop trying to do nice things for her.

13. LoadedTech

LoadedTech

Well woke up this morning and made breakfast for my girl and almost 4y/o. Took a shower, put a battery in neighbors corolla. WW has 1 box .45 surprise. Then had relations and a hour nap, went to the range and put 100 into paper, came home and now making dinner and having a coors light. Cant wait to eat my ribeye! Good day here.

14. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX

I woke up around 12:30 feeling like crap...I think I inherited my wife's tonsilitis. I went grocery shopping around 2:00. I just got done making and eating some pigs in blankets that were delicious. The rest of the night will include watching some olympics action and trying to stay up as late as possible.

15. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

Had a shooting trip planned today, but was too lazy. Slept in(at least as late as I can.......8:00 am or so), shared a shower with my wife, made breakfast, went for a walk, pruned the grape arbor, surfed GT. BBQ'd some brats and made some potato salad for lunch. Might take a nap in the hammock under said grape arbor. Lazy day, in no hurry to get back to the grind tomorrow.

And Gator................just show her the damned clothes. Yes she should appreciate that you got her anything at all, but you should know damned well that it's NOT worth an argument that ruins a good day over.

16. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

Put those clothes out front and set them on fire. See how her ungrateful *** likes that.

17. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

The baby started giving us hell at midnight. I rocked her to sleep eventually, and climbed into bed at 3AM. My wife woke up at 8AM to feed and change the baby, then we all slept until 10AM. Grandma and Grandpa took the baby at 11:30AM.

I made country fried steak and screwed around on the internet most of the day. I ran some stuff over to the shop, and did 2 trash runs in my truck. Now I'm at Target with my wife. She's trying on stuff in the changing room and I'm sitting on a bench by the bras and underwear.

After this we're going to pick up the baby and head home for dinner.

18. shavedape

shavedape

Let's see...hmm...woke up to the screw telling me the Warden wanted to have a lil' chat with me (again). Got ranted at for a good 15 minutes about how toilet paper is flammable (thanks, Einstein) but fobbed it off on my upbringing and daddy never loving me stuff, wah wah wah. Never underestimate a good crying jag, trust me on this one.

Hmm, then what? Oh yeah, did a couple hours in the sweatshop making denim overalls for Asian sweatshop workers to wear. (It's a vicious cycle I tell ya) then lunch time (Chicken Cordon Bleu replete with broccolini and pettypan squash, then raspberry Creme Brulee again! Ugh!) where all was quiet because we're on lockdown because of that thing a certain someone did with that thing. Then I got some exercise time in the yard which went well until, well, another thing that happened and now here I sit in "The Box" as we like to call it. Geez, you'd think the Aryan Brotherhood could take a joke, sigh. Anyway, I'm sure you're all surprised to know that there is wifi in solitary confinement. Shout out to all my tax paying homies for footing that bill. You iz some phine peepuls.

So, yeah, the day is winding down and I'll probably retire early (read: pass out from a good clubbing by the guards) and will have sweet dreams until tomorrow arrives. Toodles!

19. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

Took my 6 yr old down to the Safeway and ran a Girl Scout Cookie booth with her and her buddies, had a blast watching those little nuts together, sold about $700+ worth of cookies.

Came home and the wife has Braciole braising in a vodka/merlot tomato cream sauce with a crimini mushroom/oyster mushroom/****aake mushroom/cauliflower/garlic ragout to top the homemade polenta going.

ETA: the swear filter is set on high at GT, blanked out a mushroom type. OK: how about "crapaake" mushrooms. Is that better? :)

D'oh! How about another try: shiitake.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  20. RioKid

RioKid

Went to chuch this morning and have been baby sitting two grandsons all afternoon. We have played PS2 and watched every cartoon ever made.:supergrin: