close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tell me about your home club/range

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by NanH, Jun 16, 2004.

1. NanH

NanH

Our local shooting club is currently going through some growing pains, which has create a lot of dissention so I thought I'd come to my favorite group of shooters for some info.

1-What are your yearly dues?
    2-What types of ranges does your club have?
    3-What type of physical amenties, i.e., restrooms, clubhouse, supplies to rent or buy? Can your building be rented for parties or non-shooting functions?
    4-What types of organized shooting classes and competitions? (for example, our club has a youth air rifle program, regular concealed carry classes, and once a month fun matches of different types)
    5-What do you wish your club had, but doesn't?
    6-What is the biggest waste of money at your club?
    7-What organizations does your club support? For example, we obviously belong to the NRA, but we also support several state and local wildlife organizations.
    8-Feel free to add your thoughts and comments

Thanks guys!

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

1. $60
    2. 300 yd Public, 4 practical/IPSC bays, 600 yd hipower range, limited trap.
    3. 2 sets perm restrooms, several clubhouses.
    4. 20 various matches a month, IPSC, IDPA, steel, SASS, Hipower, JR etc.
    5. More practical bays

3. Dino Rustler

Dino Rustler

1. $75 per year with life membership also availble.
    2. 7 pistol ranges (1 covered and graveled), covered rifle range out to 400 yards.
    3. Restroom, cub house, and target storage buildings.
    4. Everything except trap, skeet, and sporting clays.
    5. N/A
    6. N/A
    7. Work with hunter safety groups. Law enforcement & National Guard units, boy scouts, etc.
    8. One of the most important things we have done is we have a director. This person has been with us since day one. Club presidents come and go, but the director is always the same person. This makes it so much easier as offical's know they will always get the same person and not have to 'start over' with new people. If you go this route pick this person VERY carefully!! Ours has great people skills, and is great at PR, and working with the system.
    We allow the local law enforcement groups and national guard first use of the range. This has never created a conflict (or if it did it was very easy solved) and creates super good will with law enforcement.
    Aside from regular firearms we also have muzzle loader groups use our range.
    We also have public days the 1st full weekend of every month. We charge for this ($5 and we pay the RO's.)

4. Travis22

Travis22

This info is for my pistol club (no longarms at this club)
    1. $175AUS
    2. Indoor 10m Air Pistol, Outdoor (undercover) 1x25m Plinking and 2x 25-50m ISSF ranges and 1 'IPSC' range which has a max length of 50m. All ranges are around 10m-15m wide.

3. Clubhouse, Kitchen, Toilets, Office, Pool Table etc... No rented for other uses though.
    4. Sat and Sunday are the official match days. Works on rotation through all ISSF and IPSC events.
    5. More people my age!
    6. Couldnt say, expenses etc... include targets new target frames etc... (each member has keys to the club, it is 'open' 7 days 24hours to members, there is no visit costs or target costs.
    7. Non that i know of, we are affiliated with IPSC and PA (pistol australia - ISSF)

5. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

1. $10 per year family membership (spouse/children < 21).
    2. 1 pistol ranges; 1 rimfire, 1-100 yd rifle, trap/skeet/sporting clays; property for conducting 3D-Archery shoots.
    3. Restrooms, club house, and target storage buildings.
    4. Trap, SC, 3D-Archery shoots; Hunter Ed bi-annually.
    5. 2-300 yrd range.
    6. N/A
    7. Work with hunter safety groups. Law enforcement & National Guard units, Boy Scouts, etc. Local merchants & local sportsman clubs sponsor various field days/kids fishing & hunting events throughout the year including free to public sight-in days pre-deer hunt. (Note: trout pond on property w/24" rainbows.)
    8. N/A

6. wheels

wheels

1. $80/year NRA members, $90 for non NRA
    2. We have a catch & release 1 1/2 acre fishing pond, 100 yard multi-purpose reifle & pistol range with a shelter and concrete benches, pitted 500 yard rifle range, trap & skeet range, two side-by-side pistol bays, and a main street range.
    3. We have 4 restrooms as well as a camping area for members. We have had the Boy Scouts and Royal Rangers on the property for their campouts and some safe shooting instruction.
    4. We have matches for trap & skeet and pistol every month as well as classes for concealed carry. The high power matches fizzled out due to poor attendance.
    5. Power and running water. Our club is out there a bit, but still close to two interstates.
    6. N/A
    7. NRA, Boy Scouts, Royal Rangers. We also allow a couple of State Police detachments tactical shooters use the high-power range for practice.
    8. We wish more members would donate their time to improve "their" range.
    You can visit our website to get a better idea of our facilities if you'd like. www.beckleygunclub.com