Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Banned
16,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating of going to a G27 as my primary handgun. I have a HK USP 40, which is very cool, but, the flexibility and firepower of the G27 looks like the ideal gun for me for outdoors in the SE U.S., SD, and HD to accompany the Winchester.

So, tell me what you think about the 27 in this role.

·
Glock Guy
2,142 Posts
It had waaaaaay too much recoil/muzzle flip. Got the G26 and it's perfect for such a small subcompact gun. I'm not a .40 hater. look at my signature line. HK USPc. 40 = AWESOME.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Just bought one yesterday, my first Baby Glock. While I haven't taken it to the range, I sure like the ability to conceal it under light clothing using OWB Desantis holster. I've got big hands and it feels just right with GAP plate on the mag.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I've owned two. One was 100% since new and the other wouldn't make it through a full mag right out of the box due to a feeding problem which I would consider very rare.

I carry a G26 now fwiw. Not to get off topic but have you considered the G33?

·
Banned
16,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've owned two. One was 100% since new and the other wouldn't make it through a full mag right out of the box due to a feeding problem which I would consider very rare.

I carry a G26 now fwiw. Not to get off topic but have you considered the G33?
The G33 has never crossed my mind. It's not popular locally or on GT like the others. I know nothing about it.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
The G33 has never crossed my mind. It's not popular locally or on GT like the others. I know nothing about it.
My experience with 3 of them has been excellent. I find them extremely accurate, quicker follow up shots than the 27 and downright great ballistics.

Of course recoil/follow ups will vary with the user but overall I think most people who own them will agree it's very shootable.

Try one out if you have a chance.

Edit: One downside that comes to mind with the 33 is its very loud.

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
I'm glad you posted this thread because it kept me from having to do it. :cool:

My Glock 27 should be here in less than two weeks. I chose it because concealed carry gurus have told me to "pack the largest caliber handgun you can comfortably shoot AND carry."

To me, that's really simple and clear cut. I've shot Glock 27's at the range, and I've handled the firearms for protracted amounts of time. I also have several friends who carry them, and I've listened to folks on here, so I know the Glock 27 can be carried all day without worry or fatigue.

Right now, I own a Glock 30 for primary carry. Now, THIS is a chunk of hardware, especially when you've got 10+1 worth of ammo inside it. Therefore, it breaks my original law: "handgun you can comfortably carry."

But with all sub-compact Glocks I have to have grip extensions. I use Pearce +0, and they work just fine.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
i love mine. the recoil is not bad for me. ymmv. my edc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Unlike the 26 guys who just have to try to talk everyone out of a 27 I have carried and shot my 27 for well over a decade. Shot hyper cor-bon and plinking 180's through it. Left it uncleaned and unlubed for months, left the same mag in it fully loaded for years. EVERY single time I pull the trigger it goes bang. NO ftf, no fte, no problems of any kind.

I have added a g23 mag and mag pro spacer to make the grip better for my larger hands but had no trouble with the stubby mag when I really want to hide it.

Now to recoil. I put a titanium guide rod insert and found it put more of the recoil straight back into my palm and the bones in my arms. I have very little trouble with the recoil pulse, I am a big guy but my not big wife shoots it just fine.

Follow up shots? Seems plenty fast to me, I bet it takes a bad guy more than .33 seconds to shake off the first 420 ft/lbs of energy if I ever need a second shot.

BTW I shoot it more accurately than I do my g23 or g22 and both the 17 and 17L I had. I have to say the g30 and g30 sf shot about as well but were bigger and had lower capacity.

I trust my life to my g27 every day and for 4000 days before today.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have an issued 27 for the past 6 years. I don't enjoy shooting it, but carries great and has been 100% reliable.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I love my G-27, it's my EDC and goes with me wherever I go. Great shooting little pistol.
I would suggest shooting one first before you take the plunge and buy one. The 27 is very snappy and can be hard to control is you don't like the recoil of the small .40.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I hated my 27. I don't think it was any easier to carry than my 23 and it just sucked, in my opinion. I shot it like garbage and, man, I just hated it. It's just that simple.

Edit: It wasn't the recoil that bothered me, I just couldn't seem to get enough grip on it. Maybe my hands were too big for it, I dunno.

·
Banned
5,143 Posts
It had waaaaaay too much recoil/muzzle flip. Got the G26 and it's perfect for such a small subcompact gun. I'm not a .40 hater. look at my signature line. HK USPc. 40 = AWESOME.
:crying::crying: Turn in your man-card immediately!

·
Watcher.
40,598 Posts
I've got 7 G27s,I guess you know where my vote is going.'08.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I had been carrying a G23 everyday for the last couple of years. I have a G22 and a G17. I had tried one (G27) at the range and was impressed.

In November I aquired a G27 from JR45 here on the forum (Great seller, by the way). I wish I had not waited as long to buy a G27. It has plenty of power, capacity, easy follow up shots, and is very concealable. It fits the bill very well. Oh, you can get mag extensions for a couple of extra rounds. 11 rounds of 40 is a good thing in a small package.
Go for it.

·
Watcher.
40,598 Posts
Or carry G23/22 mags as a reload.'08. :whistling:

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
I have carried a G27 for years.

It is a decent size for every day carry, has been accurate out to 40 yards (shooting at clumps of grass in a field), and has shot and fed a variety of hollowpoint ammo.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts